December 7, 2013 - Winter Fantasy Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! That stinks! Good luck with the clean-up. We had our basement flood a few months after we bought our house. Not a fun process.

At least it's not like some people I've seen on the news where they have 9' of water in their basements.

Got 2 pumps and my plumber is getting a third, so hope to keep ahead of it.

At least it's not like some people I've seen on the news where they have 9' of water in their basements.

Got 2 pumps and my plumber is getting a third, so hope to keep ahead of it.

That's great! Glad you're on the lower end of the water and on top of it. We only had about 4 inches at our place, but still had to replace the floors and the bottom half of the drywall. Knock on wood...we seem to have fixed the problem.

Well, the basement is unfinished and my electronics down there is above the water, so other than a couple of old recliners and a heater getting ruined, things are ok.

Just hoping my furnace/water heater/gas fridge (yes, I have a gas fridge) are recoverable. Especially sucks since the furnace and water heater are new.

Well, the basement is unfinished and my electronics down there is above the water, so other than a couple of old recliners and a heater getting ruined, things are ok.

Just hoping my furnace/water heater/gas fridge (yes, I have a gas fridge) are recoverable. Especially sucks since the furnace and water heater are new.

UGH!!! Pixies and prayers....seeing pictures of the flooding...nasty stuff!
Hope everything can be dried out!

Gotta love waking up to a flooded basement. This is going to get expensive to clear up. Sheesh!

Sorry to hear about your basement, but glad that its not "to bad"....
we were lucky no water in our basement, but on a good day it takes me 25 minutes to get to work, today 1.5 hours. The majority of the roads were closed do to flooding, had to re-route then had to go thru at different points flooded roads....then to find out 2 of the doctors were not able to make it in, stuck in their sub-divisions so we called and cancelled the patients on the schedules and were out of the office by 10:45. Coming home was much easier, alto I did take the longer route and retrace my steps from this morning....it is really bad out here.

But at least it has not rained for almost an hour now, but still gray outside....hopefully this will end soon....but they are still calling for rain tomorrow..:eek:

later
:wave2:

Well, pretty much cleaned up, got the water heater working and the furnace is ok. Gas fridge needs to dry out but nothing important was in it so no biggie there.

Back to work tomorrow!

Well, pretty much cleaned up, got the water heater working and the furnace is ok. Gas fridge needs to dry out but nothing important was in it so no biggie there.

Back to work tomorrow!

Glad your furnace and water heater are working.
what a headache.....:worried:

Angie: another top....your going to catch up with Stephanie at this rate.....:rotfl2:

a much easier trip into work this morning.....normal driving time....:thumbsup2

yesterday it was close to 70, this morning we have snow flurries:confused3

go figure.....

later

Glad your furnace and water heater are working.
what a headache.....:worried:

Angie: another top....your going to catch up with Stephanie at this rate.....:rotfl2:

a much easier trip into work this morning.....normal driving time....:thumbsup2

yesterday it was close to 70, this morning we have snow flurries:confused3

go figure.....

later
...talk about changeable as the weather!

...don't think I could ever catch up with Stephanie--she's way out in front :)

Back to work tomorrow!
Glad you've got the clean up done and everything is pretty much working. Guess you can be glad it didn't happen when you were away!

Happy Saturday!!:goodvibes

Sun is shinning...:)

Actually I am working today, but only for a few hours...will be done by 11:30..
have a little running today and a oil change for Wally's car.

I am leaving Wednesday for Seattle, so I have to start getting my things together. I havent even pulled my luggage yet....and I need to get into some of my spring clothes....nothing like waiting till last minue...;)

Well have a good day

I am leaving Wednesday for Seattle, so I have to start getting my things together. I havent even pulled my luggage yet....and I need to get into some of my spring clothes....nothing like waiting till last minue...;)

Well have a good day

Happy packing! I'm sure it's hard to think about spring clothes when the weather is rotten. It's beautiful here and the forecast is for 90's early next week!

Ok 3 in a row........good job :thumbsup2:dance3:

I was looking at the 10 day forcast....rain the rest of this week, Sat and Sun we will get some sun and then Mon - Wednesday rain everyday.....really!!:eek: As long as we can take off on Wednesday, even if we are a little delayed, I will be ok.....
Heading to Seattle for my grandbabies 4th birthday.....looking forward to seeing her....:)

I'd love some rain so you are welcome to wish us some our way :thumbsup2

Enjoy Seattle. We fly there toward the end of our holiday and will probably drive up to Vancouver for a couple of days and make our way back to Anaheim.

Gotta love waking up to a flooded basement. This is going to get expensive to clear up. Sheesh!

I'm sorry to hear that. I could imagine it would be expensive as there'd be nowhere for it to drain out of naturally. Homes in Australia rarely have basements or attics I believe.

Sorry to hear about your basement, but glad that its not "to bad"....
we were lucky no water in our basement, but on a good day it takes me 25 minutes to get to work, today 1.5 hours. The majority of the roads were closed do to flooding, had to re-route then had to go thru at different points flooded roads....then to find out 2 of the doctors were not able to make it in, stuck in their sub-divisions so we called and cancelled the patients on the schedules and were out of the office by 10:45. Coming home was much easier, alto I did take the longer route and retrace my steps from this morning....it is really bad out here.

But at least it has not rained for almost an hour now, but still gray outside....hopefully this will end soon....but they are still calling for rain tomorrow..:eek:

later

Wow, that must have been a lot of rain. We get over a metre easily in our good wet season over a period of time. We've had days where we can get over 100mm of rain in a day. This year has been a very dry, dismal wet season for us in the tropics but the south east and central parts of Queensland has had an unusually high amount of rain.

When it rains here everyone seems to forget how to drive! If they're not driving at snail's pace they've morphed into rally car drivers :scared:

Well have a good day

I've already had a practice run in packing my suitcase for the trip :rolleyes1:crazy: My excuse is that I bought some packing cubes and wanted to see how much stuff I can pack and still have heaps of space left for extras :lmao:

I'd love some rain so you are welcome to wish us some our way :thumbsup2

Enjoy Seattle. We fly there toward the end of our holiday and will probably drive up to Vancouver for a couple of days and make our way back to Anaheim.

I'm sorry to hear that. I could imagine it would be expensive as there'd be nowhere for it to drain out of naturally. Homes in Australia rarely have basements or attics I believe.

Wow, that must have been a lot of rain. We get over a metre easily in our good wet season over a period of time. We've had days where we can get over 100mm of rain in a day. This year has been a very dry, dismal wet season for us in the tropics but the south east and central parts of Queensland has had an unusually high amount of rain.

When it rains here everyone seems to forget how to drive! If they're not driving at snail's pace they've morphed into rally car drivers :scared:

I've already had a practice run in packing my suitcase for the trip :rolleyes1:crazy: My excuse is that I bought some packing cubes and wanted to see how much stuff I can pack and still have heaps of space left for extras :lmao:

Usually I use any excuse to start packing "early" however, as much as I am looking forward to going to seattle, I'm not much in a mood to start the packing process......
alto I did pull luggage today and am "putting stuff" in there...major packing will be tuesday.

Have a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter