December 2012...Christmastime in WDW

Sounds great. I can't even imagine what a club level would be like.

Quick question though... When you say "OFL" did you mean ODL (Osbourne Dancing Lights)? Otherwise, what is OFL? And how do I get to it. I want to try everything at least once.

Yes I always think of them as Osboune family lights :)

DH and I are going December 1 through 10. Usually we go in November just before Thanksgiving but this will be fun too.
I hear the cheerleaders will be in out in full force. I cannot imagine what that might be like. We are use to NO crowds and fantastic weather.

I am the planner. We usually stay at POR but this time I thought I might want to rent points. So we are staying at OKW. I am somewhat apprehensive. I suppose anywhere is good when going to WDW.

:banana::banana::banana: so excited. Going to celebrate my 4oth. Dec 13-20. Using the free dining (since I booked on the 13th.)

Was able to get all the dining spots I wanted. Including CRT on Mon Dec 17th. Definately want to the christmas party again. My kids were 5 and 7 in 2007 when we did it. They fell asleep! lol. We should be good this time 14 and 11. lol

We aren't going until December 27. I am new to the boards but have been to WDW many times - just never the busiest week of the year!! Even though it will be really crowded, I am excited.:banana:

I hear the cheerleaders will be in out in full force. I cannot imagine what that might be like. We are use to NO crowds and fantastic weather.

From what I have been told they aren't so bad at the parks but if you are staying at one of the host resorts(which I see you are not) it may be a bit much.

I could be wrong and I am sure someone has more first hand info but I wouldn't be concerned. This was one of my major questions/concerns to my TA when considering our time(Dec4-14) and she told me not to worry as we are staying at WL.
Crowds should also be minimal, something close to or exactly the same to what your used to in November.

Have fun!

From what I have been told they aren't so bad at the parks but if you are staying at one of the host resorts(which I see you are not) it may be a bit much.

I could be wrong and I am sure someone has more first hand info but I wouldn't be concerned. This was one of my major questions/concerns to my TA when considering our time(Dec4-14) and she told me not to worry as we are staying at WL.
Crowds should also be minimal, something close to or exactly the same to what your used to in November.

Have fun!

Does anyone have the exact dates the cheerleaders will be at Walt Disney World? TIA

I was wondering the same thing. There was a thread over on the Strategies subforum about Pop Warner, and the consensus seemed to be "zig when they zag", in other words go to a different park than the Pop Warner crowds and one should be fine crowd-wise. I guess they usually stay at All Stars? so anybody who isn't there shouldn't run into them at the hotel.

However, how do we know which park the Pop Warner crowds will be going to on which day the first weeks of December? Anybody have that website/info?

Maddie's Nana said:
Does anyone have the exact dates the cheerleaders will be at Walt Disney World? TIA

December 2-8 is when the Pop Warner events are scheduled.

DH and I are going December 1 through 10. Usually we go in November just before Thanksgiving but this will be fun too.

I am the planner. We usually stay at POR but this time I thought I might want to rent points. So we are staying at OKW. I am somewhat apprehensive. I suppose anywhere is good when going to WDW.

YES! Anywhere in Disney will be great! We will also be there Dec 1-8.... can't wait!!! Just had to add my two cents in here so I could see my TICKER! Still a ways, kids, but inching closer and closer! Whoooohoooo! As for the cheerleaders... love to watch 'em on TV, and I doubt that it will be very noticeable in the parks (at least that what others have led me to believe... lots of room for everybody. :cheer2: I'm hoping the Parade Taping will still be going on so we can just walk by and take a peek... then on Christmas morning we can relive our trip again and say.... oooo-oooo we were THERE! Tres cool, right? ...Right? :santa:

Have fun!

I had no idea that the "cheerleaders" would be out in full force in December! I wonder what the host resort will be this time? I will be at AoA December 10-14. Nothing against them, but I just had this experience during spring break! eeeek! Dejavu!

I'll be there Dec 8-15 at the Poly :cool1:

My son is a CM and he got me an awesome discount ~ and he's going to stay with me so it's an even better discount! I'll be celebrating my birthday on the 12th :) My DH is not as big a fan of WDW as I am, so he is staying home this trip and taking care of the dogs. We will be heading down again in 2013 so he will get to see DS then.

I was supposed to make this same trip last year but my gout went crazy and I could barely walk so figured I better cancel. It better not do it again this year ~ although I am better prepared for it!

I'm looking forward to seeing my son and to be back at WDW!

My son is a CM and he got me an awesome discount ~ and he's going to stay with me so it's an even better discount! I'll be celebrating my birthday on the 12th :) My DH is not as big a fan of WDW as I am, so he is staying home this trip and taking care of the dogs. We will be heading down again in 2013 so he will get to see DS then.

Totally jealous of your discount and having a birthday on 12/12/12! DS's was on 11/11/11 last year and we had two weddings of close friends scheduled that day, so we ended up celebrating on 11/12. Its always fun to have a fancy-number birthday like that! :goodvibes

Totally jealous of your discount and having a birthday on 12/12/12! DS's was on 11/11/11 last year and we had two weddings of close friends scheduled that day, so we ended up celebrating on 11/12. Its always fun to have a fancy-number birthday like that! :goodvibes

I didn't even realize the date ~ 12/12/12...sometimes I worry about myself :lmao:

I had no idea that the "cheerleaders" would be out in full force in December! I wonder what the host resort will be this time? I will be at AoA December 10-14. Nothing against them, but I just had this experience during spring break! eeeek! Dejavu!

I can't speak to this year but in years past they have stayed at All Stars and Pop with spill over into POR and/or CBR. With AOA being so new and in demand I would imagine they won't be at that resort :)

For those of you who have been during this time before, how is the weather? Can you swim? Do the hotels usually do anything special for the holidays?

The weather varies from shorts and t-shirts to hat, gloves and jackets. I would bring clothing you could layer. You can swim and the pools are heated. My DD has been when it was pretty cold and swam, me noway but kids are different. As far as the resorts go, they are all decked out for the holidays. Not sure if they do anything special or not. When we went on 2007 the didn't other then the holiday music.

Up until yesterday, our family had no intentions of visiting Disney this December. We normally visit in late winter/early spring and that was our plan for the coming year. However, after hearing the news of Free Dining and the interest in visiting Disney at Christmas time, we are now planning to join all of you in a mere 152 days!

We are beyond excited and can't wait to see Main Street decked out in lights!!!! :cool1:

Just switched our bounce back offer from Sept to Dec. This will be our first Christmas visit to Disney we will be staying Dec 10th thru Dec 21st @ POP (first visit to POP also). It really is going to feel like the end of the world on Dec 21st for us.

Wow, I thought I posted here already, but I guess not.
This will be our first time to see Christmas decorations in person!!!!!! Also taking our first "girls only" trip (Mom & 2 grown daughters) and first stay at Wilderness Lodge! We're usually Poly people, but Hawaiian Christmas decorations just doesn't seem right. I've heard WL is not only one of the best themed resorts, but one of the best at Christmas, SO... we will be arriving December 14, staying until December 19. I am beyond excited. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter