December 2012...Christmastime in WDW

Historically, the Pop Warner population occupies the Value Resorts with Pop Century and the Port Orleans' resorts as overflows. But since Port Orleans Riverside had converted a block of rooms to the Royal Guest Rooms, I don't know if POR will still be an overflow.

Talking with my Mom last night we are thinking about switching our arrival day from the 4th to the 3rd and having on extra day to just relax (how do I do that, I guess I have to call to modify my reservation??) We are planning to have Monday to relax and have dinner in one of the hotels or possibly even DTD and then same for Tuesday during the day since our plan is to hit the MVMCP on Tuesday night. Ahhh! I am getting so excited. I started picking up shirts for DH and I at the Disney Store since they were 2 for $20. He got a Perry shirt and I got a Mickey/Minnie shirt. It's going to be here before we know it. I am also planning to get these shirts ( http://www.etsy.com/listing/101468213/custom-disney-anniversary-shirt-set-1 ) the design will be a little different since it's our 10th anniversary but DH agreed to it so I am doing it before he changes his mind...lol

How is everyone's planning going? I am trying to keep up with the thread but between swimming lessons, trips to the beach and getting ready for our first year in school (I can't believe I have a Kindergartner) I have been so busy!! Hope to keep better tabs on it!!

Just booked AoA - Little mermaid room for Dec 11-18th. Have our airfare. Have a stay, park, and fly hotel. Have our rental car. Made our ADRs awhile ago when we were tossing the idea around ;) Don't *think* there is anything else I need to book. Now I just wait and obsess ;)

This will be my third time to WDW; second time for my hubby. I went on Christmas day to MK as a child. We took the whole family for a 9 day stay in June of 2010. I am super excited to go back. I think I am even more excited to stay in AoA. I have pictures of the construction from when were staying at the PoP in 2010. It will be awesome to see it completely done. This is our 5th anniversary trip, my birthday trip, our Christmas present to each other, and celebration for losing 100lbs together trip. Can't wait!!

Yahoo. Just booked our trip for 12/10 - 12/15. We usually stay at a value but are upgrading to moderate.

Hello, until 2 days ago we had all the plans to go in Mid January because of the low crowds and because we try to go every calendar year and we were already there this past February...however, we saw the EMH for January and heard the news of LeCellier going to 2 credits for lunch for the Dining Plan (we are not sure what other changes are coming) that we are now seriously considering from December 10th to the 18th or 19th....

Just wanted to ask you guys for some help on the weather and crowd levels we should expect for that week ? My wife is weary because we went this year during presidents weekend and it was a mob scene, with a 4 yr old and a 1.5 yr old we would like not to have to fight the crowds...

I was hoping to find a site that would give me the weather day by day of those dates from last year or the year before...any ideas?

Thanks for all the help

Hello, until 2 days ago we had all the plans to go in Mid January because of the low crowds and because we try to go every calendar year and we were already there this past February...however, we saw the EMH for January and heard the news of LeCellier going to 2 credits for lunch for the Dining Plan (we are not sure what other changes are coming) that we are now seriously considering from December 10th to the 18th or 19th....

Just wanted to ask you guys for some help on the weather and crowd levels we should expect for that week ? My wife is weary because we went this year during presidents weekend and it was a mob scene, with a 4 yr old and a 1.5 yr old we would like not to have to fight the crowds...

I was hoping to find a site that would give me the weather day by day of those dates from last year or the year before...any ideas?

Thanks for all the help
The EasyWDW Crowd Prediction Calendar has historic temperature ranges and crowd ratings for Dec 2012 based on past years ...
The 10th is supposedly one of the best weeks, though it'll probably pick up around the 15th ...

Just switched our bounce back offer from Sept to Dec. This will be our first Christmas visit to Disney we will be staying Dec 10th thru Dec 21st @ POP (first visit to POP also). It really is going to feel like the end of the world on Dec 21st for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with the "end of the world" feeling. We went as a family of 6 adults to have a "one last time before the Apocalypse" trip, but were able to book a girls only trip this year to see Christmas decorations. Let's hope this ISN'T our last chance to be at my favorite place on earth, but if it IS, what a way to go!!

We went last year from Dec 12-Dec 17 and found crowds to be a non-issue. We averaged maybe a ten-minute wait -- we went on plenty of rides with a 5 minute wait, and a few 20s. The longest wait was 45 minutes for Toy Story Mania. The crowds significantly picked up on Saturday, December 17 when many winter vacations start. It still was OK, but everything just FELT much more crowded.

The weather was great, although it can definitely be variable. We did not have any cold nights. We went swimming once, although it was a little bit cold -- the sun went behind the clouds, for an hour, so bad timing on our part. I wore a jacket my first night out at the parks and was roasting. We spent most of the time in shorts and t-shirts and threw on sweatshirts for the evening, or maybe just long pants.

This year, we're going from Dec. 8 to Dec 14. We wanted to avoid that Saturday crowd increase this year. Last time we stayed at the Poly and loved it, but this year we chose Wilderness Lodge. Can't wait to see it all decked out for the holidays!

Thanks for all the help

Just wanted to pop in to say, that when we were there in December 2010, it was a bit cool and in the 50's...so although it is usually in the 70's, I think, layering would be the best way to pack. Also, this time I will take our winter hats and gloves...had to buy those there.

The crowd level was no problem, we were there during Pop Warner week, but barely saw them. They will be gone by your visit this year...btw-we are going again in December this year,too! Can't wait!!

Happy planning!

Hey everyone!:)
On our way back to the world in December again this year!:cool1: This will be our first time staying in a moderate resort-Port Orleans Riverside!!!!! We can't wait! my DH is super excited about seeing Olivia Newton John read the Christmas story at the Candlelight Processional!:santa: We are also eating at Coral Reef for the first time! We just love going to the world!

Hey everyone!:)
On our way back to the world in December again this year!:cool1: This will be our first time staying in a moderate resort-Port Orleans Riverside!!!!! We can't wait! my DH is super excited about seeing Olivia Newton John read the Christmas story at the Candlelight Processional!:santa: We are also eating at Coral Reef for the first time! We just love going to the world!

Nice!

Is Coral Reef part of your Candlelight Processional dining pkg? And, good get, on Newton-John as your narrator. Mine is still TBD (Dec 7th).

Have you checked in to the December Roll Call thread HERE

Or into the Port Orleans-Riverside thread HERE

We are finally going back to Disney this Christmas after being away for 2years. I am so excited and don't know if the 4 months until my trip will pass fast enough! We are doing the Candlelight Processional as well as the Pirates League for the 1st. I really hope my kids enjoy both. This will be our 3rd time in Disney during Christmas so I am ready to see the beautiful decorations and walk into the Poly and feel "home" again.

Joining in! First Christmas at Disney! Will be driving down from Indiana! Hope the weather cooperates. One MVMCP planned....very excited! Dates are 12/8-15.

Many First Here !!!! :)
Been to Disney about 6 times always between April and July,and in a value resort with no dining plan. This year December 13-21 at PO Riverside Royal Room with a free dining plan. I booked this trip last December 2011 when I was watching Disney Christmas Parades on TV and thought how cool would that be !!!
Best thing is my kids have no idea we are going, they think I am taking them to the outlet malls at the beach to shop for family Christmas gifts. We are not telling them til we stop and eat breakfast that morning on the way down. I can't wait for their reactions ( 11, 8 )and to get it on camera. :)
MVMCP on 12/16 and all dining reservations are completed. So now I am 138 days away and it's driving me insane :O

Joining! First trip to WDW at Christmas time. Flying from Indiana, staying at PoP, 12/10-15....can't wait:)

After 18 months of wedding planning for my sister, I'm going to need a little break. Art of Animation here we come!

I just booked me and dd at POFQ with free dining in December! Too excited. This will be my daughters 16th birthday celebration/present, she also celebrated her 13th there. Would have done her 14 and 15th, but we were living in Alaska at the time, not that convenient. lol While dad and brothers are not joining us this time we are sure we will have a fantastic time, just us girls. :hug:

I am signing up for this December trip board!

I'm arriving with DS on December 16th and meeting up with my s/o who lives in Florida. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge from December 16-26th and then his house in Orlando until January 5th when I have to return home for DS's school.

I am excited beyond belief to be getting free Disney tickets and nearly half off dining at the Floridian from his parents!

This will be our 3rd Disney /Birthday/Christmas trip!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be there Dec 14-19th with my 2 grown DDs. I'll have a Disboards green Mickey head somewhere on my person, so say HI if you see us! This our FIRST time to see the Christmas decorations & first stay at the WL. I can hardly wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter