• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2012...Christmastime in WDW

We are at 45 days until our trip to the World in December. This will be our first time being there at this time of year to see the holiday decorations, lights, etc. It is a surprise 60th birthday trip for my husband and he doesn't find out until the night before we leave. :goodvibes

We will be staying at the Coronado from December 6 - 11.

KatMark said:
We are at 45 days until our trip to the World in December. This will be our first time being there at this time of year to see the holiday decorations, lights, etc. It is a surprise 60th birthday trip for my husband and he doesn't find out until the night before we leave. :goodvibes

We will be staying at the Coronado from December 6 - 11.

Congrats! Best time of the year!

Enjoy - really great time of year to visit. Very festive, especially at Epcot and each and every Disney resort. Crowds are not bad away from Thanksgiving/Xmas/New Years.

katmark.. my hubby would be SO mad at me for not letting him look forward to the trip and get excited about it!

katmark.. my hubby would be SO mad at me for not letting him look forward to the trip and get excited about it!

I think it will be okay. He hates parties (I did that for his 35th and 50th), and he's always wanted to go at Christmas. He thinks I'm going in January on my girls trip so he really has no clue. And the best part is our oldest son and his girlfriend are going, and our best friends (Nicki and Todd...MickeyNicki on the DIS) will be there for part of the trip.

Mark never plans the trips...I do all the planning; he just goes along with what I plan. :)

We put down our deposit on POR from Dec. 28th-Jan. 2nd. DW has a conference in Orlando after our ressie but we'll still be going to Disney during the conference. Any tips on how to handle the holiday crowds?

We are booked for our first ever vacation at Christmas time December 16-22.
We are staying at CSR our first Moderate Resort. I can not wait!:yay:

We'll be camping at Fort Wilderness this Christmas week!!! I can hardly wait. We went a little crazy last year buying any Disney yard inflatables we could find in the after Christmas sales. We are ready to deck our pop-up camper halls for the holidays. If you've never seen the light displays that campers do all over Fort Wilderness, make sure to put it on your list of things to do. It's a lot of fun to drink hot chocolate and walk around and see the displays.

We are hoping to be able to extend our stay at the campground by 2 days. Hope there's a cancellation so we can hang around a little longer. *cross fingers*

After a year of huge ups and downs...we have officially booked!!! We are going to Disney 12/9-15, staying at the Ft. Wilderness cabins!!!
Originally, this trip was to be a mother/daughter trip...then all of my girls...then no trip at all. I have been a single mom for almost 4 years...and Disney trips are not the easiest thing to plan for.
About a year and a half ago, I met an amazing man...and things have been progressing since that time. Recently, we blended our families...he and his son moved into our house, about two months ago. Our house was not made for 6...so we have huge renovations in the works; we've discussed getting married, having another baby...BUT, first we have decided that we would like to take our new family on our first vacation together...Disney was easy choice!!!! Couldnt be happier or feel more blessed, right now!!!:cloud9:

I need to hop on board this awesome train!
After years of being on this site and dreaming, we finally are going to Disney!
I have not been there since I was 6, my husband has not been there since he was 8, and it is our 10 year old sons first time!
Staying at the All Star Sports 12/1-12/8 :goodvibes:goodvibes

PaulDavid's mom said:
I need to hop on board this awesome train!
After years of being on this site and dreaming, we finally are going to Disney!
I have not been there since I was 6, my husband has not been there since he was 8, and it is our 10 year old sons first time!
Staying at the All Star Sports 12/1-12/8 :goodvibes:goodvibes

Congrats hope you have a wonderful time

Pauldavid.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful time. Forget about the real world for a few days and allow yourself to become a kid again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter