December 2012 Car Rentals

Anyone find a good deal for Christmas week? We are looking 22-29. I was expecting a drop by now so I could get into a better brand...I would be happy to get a low cost budget rental!

I haven't found anything. Those are almost my dates, I'm Dec 19-28. Last year I paid $125 for 9 days. I made a reservation with the best price I could find around November then just kept checking and checking until I got a great deal from Priceline to pay $10 per day and price line paid the remaining $2 or $3 which was a steal compared to my original reservation of $260ish.

Anyone find a good deal for Christmas week? We are looking 22-29. I was expecting a drop by now so I could get into a better brand...I would be happy to get a low cost budget rental!
Christmas week does not drop. It just gets more and more expensive. The best rate that I have found is through Budget using the Travelocity code X474200 with coupon UUWZ020 for a free 1 class upgrade on an intermediate or above. The rate for a full size (book intermediate) is $279 with all taxes and a minivan is $302.

ETA: There is a BJs coupon UUWZ020 for a 1 class upgrade on a compact or above. Here is the coupon: http://travel.bjs.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJs_Budget.pdf . That will give you an intermediate (book a compact) for $267.

Christmas week does not drop. It just gets more and more expensive. The best rate that I have found is through Budget using the Travelocity code X474200 with coupon UUWZ020 for a free 1 class upgrade on an intermediate or above. The rate for a full size (book intermediate) is $279 with all taxes and a minivan is $302.

Nooooooooooooooooooo! :sad: :crazy2:

Say it ain't so!!!

Christmas is the season for miracles.......I will hold onto hope that it will go down at least somewhat between now and then......'cause you can't blame a girl for keeping the faith! :rotfl:

Our dates are December 23 to 30.

Nooooooooooooooooooo! :sad: :crazy2:

Say it ain't so!!!

Christmas is the season for miracles.......I will hold onto hope that it will go down at least somewhat between now and then......'cause you can't blame a girl for keeping the faith! :rotfl:

Our dates are December 23 to 30.
Do you have a reservation already? If not, grab one now! I can guarantee that people will be begging for a $300 minivan in a couple of months.

Do you have a reservation already? If not, grab one now! I can guarantee that people will be begging for a $300 minivan in a couple of months.

Yes ma'am. We have a reservation for the full size with Budget for $279 (we booked one car class below and are using the coupon for the free upgrade). There are only the three of us so we don't need a van.

That said, I am an Alamo girl, so I am hoping their rates will come down at least enough to match the Budget rate. We like being able to select our vehicle from whatever is in the applicable aisle, rather than have our car assigned.

I just dropped my Dollar reservation from $201 to $187, full size (Taurus or similar...more like a premium) using the city special. It is for 8 full days, all fees and taxes incl for 12/4-12. Compacts were $155.
Using the same, now at $172. I sure wish I could get Alamo/National at that level. If $200 I would go with them.

ETA, compact was at $149.

robinb said:

ETA: There is a BJs coupon UUWZ020 for a 1 class upgrade on a compact or above. Here is the coupon: http://travel.bjs.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJs_Budget.pdf . That will give you an intermediate (book a compact) for $267.

Boy I know you are probably right but I hope you are wrong! :) I have $226 total with Fox. But I am scared to rent from them. They have terrible reviews!

Boy I know you are probably right but I hope you are wrong! :) I have $226 total with Fox. But I am scared to rent from them. They have terrible reviews!
I found a rate of $254 (inc taxes) from Dollar for your dates using the code from Vacation Outlet: http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

It says that there is an upgrade on the Vacation Outlet website, but I don't see it when I make a fake reservation. Honestly, I would pay $28 to not rent from Fox but that's just me.

Today I got a standard at Alamo for 12/19-27 for $172. It was through carrentals.com. No code or coupon. The price on Alamo's site for the same time frame was over $400.00.

I went to car rentals.com and found a standard-size from Enterprise for $194.03 for 12/7-12/15. My husband wants to wait until the first of November to book anything. His hesitation is that the map I have of MCO implies that Enterprise is off-site, so he wants to wait and see if Avis will drop their prices. He gets a company discount from them. (Btw, Avis was listed at $470-something, and National for $550 for the same type of car.)

Using the same, now at $172. I sure wish I could get Alamo/National at that level. If $200 I would go with them.

ETA, compact was at $149.
I now have an Enterprise standard (not sure if that is the same as Alamo/National, making it full) at $189. 12/4-12

I went to car rentals.com and found a standard-size from Enterprise for $194.03 for 12/7-12/15. My husband wants to wait until the first of November to book anything. His hesitation is that the map I have of MCO implies that Enterprise is off-site, so he wants to wait and see if Avis will drop their prices. He gets a company discount from them. (Btw, Avis was listed at $470-something, and National for $550 for the same type of car.)
Enterprise is in the garage, with Alamo and National.

You should ALWAYS book and reconsider later.

robinb said:
I found a rate of $254 (inc taxes) from Dollar for your dates using the code from Vacation Outlet: http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

It says that there is an upgrade on the Vacation Outlet website, but I don't see it when I make a fake reservation. Honestly, I would pay $28 to not rent from Fox but that's just me.

This was a great lead but the rental comes out over $300 when I went to book. I think it is probably because I am picking up early and dropping off late so it is hitting me with an extra day. :(.

But it is a better deal than some of the other sites I have checked for sure! I would pay 30 more like you to not use Fox! But I won't pay over $300 to rent a car. we will be riding the magical express before we do that!

Thank you so much! I hope that site helps someone because the rates are decent!!

I am guessing that the Vacation Outlet discount is open to everyone? (it looks that way from the site, but thought I'd better check to be sure)

I get a slightly lower rate with Dollar using that discount than with Budget, so I may just change my reservation..........:scratchin..........every few dollars helps, right? ::yes::

OK Dis friends; I booked a standard through Alamo last week using BJ's code and the Alamo e-coupon posted by Dan for $165.43. I just checked the site to see if there was a price difference and there is now a notice that the coupon is not valid due to a black-out date. When I pick my car up will they honor the confirmed reservation?

when i try searching my dates with the alamo 35 off coupon its blacking out now too...good thing i have one held! I booked a rental dec 5th-8th pick up mco drop off port canaveral and pick up december 15th for a few hours return to mco. For $20 more I can rent car from 5th-15th and park at park and ride for 5.99 a day and not have to drop off/and rent a new car on way home hmmmmm.... thats crazy still deciding :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter