December 2012 Car Rentals

it is just a general alamo coupon for 35 off... anyone can use it.... also got an email from alamo that code : sunpromo is good till december 15th, gave me a decent rate when combined with the coupon :)

That's interesting. I tried using the Sunpromo code with the AD2359FDF coupon and it would not acept it. Got the dreaded red message that it couldn't be used with the code. My dates are Nov 14-23. Maybe because it's Thanksgiving week? Actually am getting a better rate just using my Insiders number and the coupon.
Never hurts to try all kinds of combinations!

I just dropped my Dollar reservation from $201 to $187, full size (Taurus or similar...more like a premium) using the city special. It is for 8 full days, all fees and taxes incl for 12/4-12. Compacts were $155.

Are you looking to pick up a car in Ft Myers or for Orlando to Ft Myers? Prices right now are insane, and I can't get any of the codes to give a decent price either for our MCO to RSW trip (Dec 6 to 21) or my parents rental in Ft Myers (Dec 1 to 21). If you find any good deals, please post.

I just posted a few days ago- carrentalsavers.com is the best so far - (tried a bunch) different time than you though....
"Just got a intermediate 12/26-1/6 pick-up at MCO drop off in Ft. Myers for 597....at carrentalsavers using their FL search tool....about 250 better than costco - hoping for better...but a place to start..."

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever posted the budget
code. I used it last night to book a minivan for 8 days in february for 269. that is best price I have seen yet!
Will I need to show them anything when I pick up?

I just made a reservation with Advantage from 12/1-12/8. Midsize for $12.44/night--it was $133 including all taxes and fees, without a coupon or promo code. I've read the reviews about Advantage and I'm not too thrilled about using them, but this is by far the best rate I've seen for this timeframe. Even if I were to book on Hotwire at $8.95/day (if I were to get lucky closer to the trip), by the time you add in all their fees, it would be about the same.

Incidentally, I also booked Advantage for an early November trip. Once again, by far the lowest rate. I'm hoping something else comes up with another company but if not, as least I know my Discover card has my back if there are any problems or weird charges on my card (as many have stated has happened to them).

advantage does have good rates...they have a bad rep? if i book with them,I won't need a costco membership,which I would get only for the car discount..... is advantage right in airport? I think L&M got bad reviews too,and we had good luck with them in the past....

That's interesting. I tried using the Sunpromo code with the AD2359FDF coupon and it would not acept it. Got the dreaded red message that it couldn't be used with the code. My dates are Nov 14-23. Maybe because it's Thanksgiving week? Actually am getting a better rate just using my Insiders number and the coupon.
Never hurts to try all kinds of combinations!

you are correct i could use my costco id code with the coupon but not sunpromo with it..sorry for bad info. still the best rate i have found so far is alamo with new coupon

I booked through Advantage Rental Car for a large car (Chevy Impala) for the time period December 12-26 for $448.27. For now, I feel this is a good rate for 16 days! Of course, I will keep checking to see if I can get anything cheaper!

With Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes is $381 for a fullsize after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Budget also includes free additional driver.

Webworm: With Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes is $381 for a fullsize after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Budget also includes free additional driver.

Thanks for the heads up, but when I put in the coupon codes I got a full size for $888.96. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help! :)

Webworm: With Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes is $381 for a fullsize after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Budget also includes free additional driver.

Thanks for the heads up, but when I put in the coupon codes I got a full size for $888.96. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help! :)
You must be doing something wrong because I get a rate of $411 for a full size too (the $30 coupon comes off when you return the car). Just go to the Budget website and click on the promo at the bottom with the woman holding a price tag. That's the Wendie rate. Enter the $30 off coupon after you click "Let's go and reserve it".

princessap said:
Just wanted to say thank you to whoever posted the budget
code. I used it last night to book a minivan for 8 days in february for 269. that is best price I have seen yet!
Will I need to show them anything when I pick up?

Nope, nothing! Great rate!

ok for my dates I just found a compact ,using AD2359FDF and insider member, for 150.00.....I think that's pretty good(?)

so for now I'm looking at 3 choices- either 2 days rental,then use disney buses (cheapest) or advantage,or alamo for the full trip. alamo and advantage are the same price....alamo gives and extra driver with insider.....

hsmamato2 said:
so for now I'm looking at 3 choices- either 2 days rental,then use disney buses (cheapest) or advantage,or alamo for the full trip. alamo and advantage are the same price....alamo gives and extra driver with insider.....

I'm curious, what are your dates? I think those are great prices.

Anyone manage to get a remotely decent price with Alamo or National for December yet?

I am very disappointed because they're so high, I can't even bring myself to make an initial reservation!!!!

We'll be flying out of Tampa and I'm seriously considering Budget - makes me nervous :(

Anyone manage to get a remotely decent price with Alamo or National for December yet?

I am very disappointed because they're so high, I can't even bring myself to make an initial reservation!!!!

We'll be flying out of Tampa and I'm seriously considering Budget - makes me nervous :(
What are your dates? The end of the month is pretty brutal. It always is. I am always beyond jealous when folks who are going in the beginning of the month post to this thread with their great deals.

ETA: Why are you nervous to book with Budget?

What are your dates? The end of the month is pretty brutal. It always is. I am always beyond jealous when folks who are going in the beginning of the month post to this thread with their great deals.

ETA: Why are you nervous to book with Budget?

We are 8-15. We've never used Budget before so the unfamiliarity of it makes me a little nervous. Love Alamo/National, but not willing to pay $300 for the week for a full size car :(

We are 8-15. We've never used Budget before so the unfamiliarity of it makes me a little nervous. Love Alamo/National, but not willing to pay $300 for the week for a full size car :(
I used carrentalsavers.com and they came up with a price of $223 (with taxes) for a premium car with Enterprise. Payless has a full size for $150 (with taxes!). FTR, Budget is just fine.

Yea, I have never had a problem with Budget either.

Budget has a special right now for an Intermediate SUV 12/8-12/15 for $202.09. I just plugged in your dates. A full size car is $213. That's including taxes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter