December 2012 Car Rentals

How awful they are?:confused3 how bad have rentals been from them? thru carrental.com I got a rate for 10+ days for 138.00....... so far that is the best I can find (tiny car)

I booked a premium car for $223 for 12/15-22 through carrentals.com for Enterprise. No idea if that is good or not, but the cheapest I have seen. We really dont need a premium car either, but that was the cheapest for some reason. Just wanted to get something booked!!

I wonder what is going on with that coupon because my dates 10/31-11/10 are blacked out too.

when i try searching my dates with the alamo 35 off coupon its blacking out now too...good thing i have one held! I booked a rental dec 5th-8th pick up mco drop off port canaveral and pick up december 15th for a few hours return to mco. For $20 more I can rent car from 5th-15th and park at park and ride for 5.99 a day and not have to drop off/and rent a new car on way home hmmmmm.... thats crazy still deciding :)

I wonder what is going on with that coupon because my dates 10/31-11/10 are blacked out too.

Two days ago the $35 coupon worked, now I am also getting the blackout message. I did try the AD9738AAI for $20 off and AF5244aaf for a free day and they both worked. Alamo is still higher than the National rate of $215.77 so I will keep trying. My rental is 11/29 to 12/7/2012.

I just modified my reservation with Advantage -- I had a standard from 12/1 to 12/8 for $133, just got it down to $127 with today's pricing. Really pleased with the price, just wish it wasn't with Advantage! But I can't justify Alamo or National for ~$150 more for that week. Just not finding anything even CLOSE to the Advantage rates with any of the more reliable companies.

I just modified my reservation with Advantage -- I had a standard from 12/1 to 12/8 for $133, just got it down to $127 with today's pricing. Really pleased with the price, just wish it wasn't with Advantage! But I can't justify Alamo or National for ~$150 more for that week. Just not finding anything even CLOSE to the Advantage rates with any of the more reliable companies.

what is wrong with advantage? I keep seeing negative things here, but why? any experiences?

I have not personally used Advantage yet. I typically end up using Enterprise or Hertz, and haven't had any problems with either.

You can look up reviews on Yelp, search 'advantage car rental orlando reviews'. There are reports of credit cards being overcharged, not honoring the rate quotes, and cars being dirty and in poor repair. I'm using my Discover card and I really trust in their service, so I'm putting my faith in their hands as far as not worrying about overcharged--I have my quote printed out and it says 'Rate Guaranteed'.

All that said, Advantage has better reviews than Payless or Fox. After reading the reviews on those, there's just no way I would take a chance with either of those companies.

Originally Posted by Dan Murphy
I just dropped my Dollar reservation from $201 to $187, full size (Taurus or similar...more like a premium) using the city special. It is for 8 full days, all fees and taxes incl for 12/4-12. Compacts were $155.
Using the same, now at $172. I sure wish I could get Alamo/National at that level. If $200 I would go with them.

ETA, compact was at $149.

Now $164 at Dollar.

My Christmas week rental was whittled down another $20 today. I originally had a reservation with Budget for $279 (full size). Using the Vacation Outlet code, I now have a standard car with Dollar and a free upgrade to a full size for $259 taxes in.

My goal is to get it under $200. Here's to positive thinking and some pixiedust: .

My Christmas week rental was whittled down another $20 today. I originally had a reservation with Budget for $279 (full size). Using the Vacation Outlet code, I now have a standard car with Dollar and a free upgrade to a full size for $259 taxes in.

My goal is to get it under $200. Here's to positive thinking and some pixiedust: .
Gina, please share your codes!

I went ahead and booked an Enterprise standard through car rentals dot com. The price had gone down today, to $182.92.

Hmmmm....I did some reading,Advantage has some wickedly bad reviews,along with some good ones.....:crazy2:
We used to use L&M a few times, they always reviewed badly,yet we never had a problem...what to do?
SInce my DH is a nitpicker,and goes over EVERY detail of a rental with a fine tooth comb till he's satisfied, it *might* work for us...usually the agents are begging us to just get OUT and leave them alone by the time we drive off the lot.....:rotfl2:

I've gotten a decent rate on a minivan ($343) for 12/8-12/16. There is also an e-coupon mentioned here. I read on this thread that it apparently doesn't show up when you pick up your car but does when you drop it back off. Does it show up when you're making the reservation? If it's supposed to, it isn't for me. The code is MUGZ029. And do I need something to use this coupon code?

I went ahead and booked an Enterprise standard through car rentals dot com. The price had gone down today, to $182.92.

I booked a car through them last week for $178 for a week 12/20-27. When I checked the confirmation # at Alamo's website my rate is now $528! :scared1: I have no idea what going on with this site but I'm not risking showing up at the airport & having them tell me I owe $528 instead of $178. Buyer beware & check your confirmations!

I booked a car through them last week for $178 for a week 12/20-27. When I checked the confirmation # at Alamo's website my rate is now $528! :scared1: I have no idea what going on with this site but I'm not risking showing up at the airport & having them tell me I owe $528 instead of $178. Buyer beware & check your confirmations!

Yikes!! I used carrentals.com and just checked my confirmation number on the enterprise site and it shows the correct rate. That would not be a happy surprise!!

ooo I posted this on another thread.... I saw the same thing, so I can go the actual site,and check my rental cost? IDK how rates could actually change so much in one day....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter