December 2012 Car Rentals

piglet33

DIS Veteran
Has anyone found any car rental codes for December 2012? I'm looking to pick up on Dec. 1 and return on Dec. 9.

Thanks!

I have rented a car from National with the KLM Flying Blue code 8572130 for a midsize 12/9 thru 12/16 for 221.16. - I signed up with the Flying Blue frequent flyer program on the KLM site - it is free. There has been a number of people on this board that has use the code and haven't had any problems.

The only downside that I have heard of is that you can't make changes or cancel the reservation on the website - you actually have to call the National to change it or cancel the reservation.

If you are an Emerald Club member(you can sign up off the link on Mousesavers - its free also) you can walk straight out and pick up your car off the Emerald aisle.

Has anyone found any car rental codes for December 2012? I'm looking to pick up on Dec. 1 and return on Dec. 9.

Thanks!

Check expedia.ca for rates. US resident can book as well and if you cancel will get a refund within 24hrs.

If you are looking for a minivan I just booked mine with Budget using x474200. Comes to just under $300. It's the same rate I had last October and could never find anything better. There is also a coupon that is currently expired, but it's been around since last year and every so often they will extend the expiration to get you another $20 or $25 off.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the info, I will start looking for a good deal for our upcoming trip 12/8 through 12/17. Thanks for the leads on codes!

If you are looking for a minivan I just booked mine with Budget using x474200. Comes to just under $300. It's the same rate I had last October and could never find anything better. There is also a coupon that is currently expired, but it's been around since last year and every so often they will extend the expiration to get you another $20 or $25 off.

Where is that code from? It sure is a great deal! Is it OK to use?

It's a public code from Travelocity. It is perfectly fine to use. There is a huge thread about the code and all of the people that have rented with it. People keep calling and they keep getting told the same thing - you can use it. You can use it going through Travelocity or Budget it doesn't matter and it gives you the same rate.

Thank you for this code! Saves a bundle for a minivan for our Thanksgiving trip! Is this a code that we need any proof of anything for? I googled it and it looks like a travelocity code. Is it okay to use without booking on travelocity?

Safe to use. You can use it directly on Budgets site or through Travelocity. I booked using it on Budgets site and it didn't matter. You get the same rate either way.

This really is an amazing code, not just for MCO. Used it for a 2013 trip to Maui and got a great rate there too!

Do you know off hand (or maybe have the confirmation email handy) what the cancellation/reservation change policy is? Seems like a good deal, but darn it's early to be booking a car:rotfl: We're going 8th-15th.

I have cancelled up to 24hrs prior to arrival with no penalty with Budget. I keep trying with Priceline for a better deal up until then.

Thanks! Standard SUV $225 with tax comes to $302. Now I have the next six months to play the beat this price game :lmao:

Thanks! Standard SUV $225 with tax comes to $302. Now I have the next six months to play the beat this price game :lmao:

I'm right there with you! Oh the coupon I was talking about is MUGZ001. It's not one you need to print either. It's from BJs. They will take it off when you return the vehicle.

Anyone found any good deals lately? I'm looking for a one-way rental between MCO and RSW (we're spending a week on the beach after our DIS vacation) in mid-December. The rates are WAY higher than I've ever seen before. I currently have a reservation with Budget for $676 for the 15 day rental for a compact car (using a Costco code) from December 6 to 21. I'd budgeted $500. Unless things change, we'll be pinching our pennies to pay for the rental car.

Anyone found any good deals lately? I'm looking for a one-way rental between MCO and RSW (we're spending a week on the beach after our DIS vacation) in mid-December. The rates are WAY higher than I've ever seen before. I currently have a reservation with Budget for $676 for the 15 day rental for a compact car (using a Costco code) from December 6 to 21. I'd budgeted $500. Unless things change, we'll be pinching our pennies to pay for the rental car.

I haven't found anything remotely reasonable. So far most of the coupons end on June 30 so I'm hoping that something comes out soon that will include the end of the year. I have some options that I'm looking at, because we're flying down late on Nov. 30 but staying at the MCO Hyatt. The next day we're heading to the Port for our Disney Cruise and then heading to the Dolphin for Dec. 8. Last year it wound up being so much cheaper for me to have the car rental the whole time we were on the cruise and pay for parking than to split it up. I just hope we find some good deal someplace. We're probably going to use our Visa Check Card so Alamo is the best option for us, because of that.

Good luck. Hope you find something.

So far we have a mini van with Budget using BCD X474200 for 15 days Dec 21-Jan5 for $701 taxes included. That's slightly higher then what we paid last year. Hoping it will come down will keep checking! We need a car for 7 days during that time as well-we can pick up and return in Kissimmee- I was getting prices for a compact car with Budget for $162(plus taxes) a week through car rental savers but now that same car is $445 for the week- there is an SUV for $242. It is crazy how much the prices change day to day hour to hour.

I know it's still WAY too early to start booking cars for December, but I got my "just in case" reservation with Alamo the other day. We're going for a 3 night long weekend 12/13-12/16 and I was able to get a convertible from Alamo for $201 total. Still $100 more than my weeklong standard rental during Memorial Day, but for a convertible it's pretty good.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter