DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning guys! :coffee:

you going to record it? We surprised ours but didn't record it. It was probably more fun for us.

I think we are. We talked about it more last night, and we're really excited to see her reaction! I'll give it a shot...

Good Luck!! I married a planner and it takes all the fun out of surprises!! :rotfl2: Hopefully your DD isn't an extreme planner yet and can still appreciate your surprise!! (If she doesn't, maybe she can appreciate all the planning that went into surprising her :confused3)

Thanks. She's young enough where I think it will work well, but either way, I think she'll be pumped once we're on the magical express.

Facebook
frusty.gif

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Did someone say GOOD Morning? :furious:

Woke up to this...

5E041712-0E9B-4E71-BFC4-167A77B3DBF8-1864-000002F3C3B9DBA3.jpg

Apparently the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was slashed!!!!

That's ridiculous. I hope they catch the little %^&*%$%* who did that.

Anyone see the release info for the iPhone5?

Sept 21...

Thinner, Lighter, Bigger Screen, Faster Processor....

Now if I can somehow accidentally run over my 4S... :lmao:
Eh... I'll keep my Droid. :confused3

Doc, I do think that online friends are just as important... in fact, I may argue that online friends may be closer.
My real life friends, I may see once a month, once every 6 weeks, sometimes a year. And seeing them, we will catch up on "How have you been doing?", "How's the family?", "Nice weather huh?"

But online... we talk almost everyday, we open up about real problems, and challenges in our lives.

For example... (not trying to put the spotlight on Chris here):

That quote speaks volumes to my point... Chris opened up about a very personal issue that he normally doesn't talk about face to face. But he felt a feeling of comfort to share this vulnerability with us.
And as expected, we all supported him and let him know that it was ok to share, and we respect his decision.
Well said. I completely agree.

It was an uneventful, peaceful day. One that I really needed.
:thumbsup2 That's the best kind of day sometimes.

Here is some monorail shots to take up some space here:
Sorry your day was a little hectic, but I love the monorail and those pics are awesome.

Evening guys, had another soccer win tonight, our keeper posted a clean sheet with a 2 - 0 over the team that we both played for last year. Now I sitting here putting all the calories back on my body by drinking a nice cold Corona.
Congrats on the win. Not sure I would want a Corona after a game though. I can never figure out the guys in my softball league that drink before and after the games. The last thing I want when I'm hot and sweaty is a beer.

Top of the morning fella's :cool1:

Off to see MK today, have a good one :thumbsup2
Your mission today, should you choose to accept, is to post a picture of the back side of water. :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Taking the youngest to a walk-in clinic this morning, she's been having some issues that need to be looked at. This is going to be a long day.
Yuck. Hope it goes well.

Here you can actually SEE the knife entry point...

FB48E0EC-9F48-45A5-8426-572AB02C72F8-1864-000002F53A9DF654.jpg
Scott's plan worked well. He's trying to corner the Canadian market by offering brand new Fords that come complete with tires that actually hold air.

Sorry that happened. It looks like somebody just went crazy on that thing... I guess 1 cut wasn't enough. I hope they are caught.

Scott's plan worked well. He's trying to corner the Canadian market by offering brand new Fords that come complete with tires that actually hold air.

Sorry that happened. It looks like somebody just went crazy on that thing... I guess 1 cut wasn't enough. I hope they are caught.

You bet! And for an extra $100 we will upgrade those tires to come with "winter air"! :rotfl2:

I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself. But you tend to reveal more to people that you know will still accept you without judgment. This isn't to say you can't criticize someone or call out something you feel is wrong, but it's done in a constructive way and with their best interests at heart. That's where I feel like this group works really well.

So, I think the DIS Dads is a great case study for why online friendships can work very, very well. And that's why I've made the effort to try and seek out many of you when I'm on the road. Life is about relationships--nothing else really matters. And I'm interested in having relationships with fundamentally decent people.

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them. :thumbsup2

Wow - that was freakin' sweet....just Facetime'd with Dave (Zerfs), live from Adventureland!

So cool to see the park nearly empty this morning!

I need to go down there during a slower time of year.

Thanks Dave for taking me along with you for a few minutes this morning! :thumbsup2

We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

2012-09-12_20-33-06_692.jpg

2012-09-12_20-34-29_740.jpg

I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.

Congrats on the win. Not sure I would want a Corona after a game though. I can never figure out the guys in my softball league that drink before and after the games. The last thing I want when I'm hot and sweaty is a beer.

The plan is to always keep the water in the other hand. :goodvibes

Is that the fancy term for nitrogen? :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

It's a scam the "dealers that give car dealers a bad name" used to use on customers that involved letting the existing air out of their tires and putting regular old air back in. They call it "winter air" and charge for it.

Crooks!

I use to do stupid destructive stuff as a teen but never slashed tires. I know it was stupid and when I saw how it hurt the people I felt like Beverly and stopped, sorry about the vandals

And of the dads who have recently or currently in the world, I read that enchanted tales with belle is open but in soft open, anyone get a chance to check it out or know when and how they do the soft showings?

Wow - that was freakin' sweet....just Facetime'd with Dave (Zerfs), live from Adventureland!

Cool!

We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl. With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

That sounds disgusting, but I really wish I could get rid of old appliances like that. :thumbsup2

It's a scam the "dealers that give car dealers a bad name" used to use on customers that involved letting the existing air out of their tires and putting regular old air back in. They call it "winter air" and charge for it.

:rotfl2: Maybe it's special heated air to combat the cold temperatures. :rotfl:

Woke up to this...

If I woke up to a Hyundai I would be pissed too. Sorry just playing with you. Nothing wrong with them they make some good cars. Personal Pref I wouldn't own one had some bad experiences with some.

Sorry to hear about the tire!!! I bet with it being a neighborhood hit, probably was teens or something thinking it be cool to do something like that. We had a problem with teens spray painting peoples houses, cars, boats, etc... They caught them though!! Sure hope they catch your culprits!!!

I enjoyed reading through the discussion of online friendships. No surprise that this group would be in favor of them.

I tend to be cautious online, especially given the fact that I work in a public position. The fact that this group is as open as it is, and can talk about just about any subject without devolving into flame wars is a minor miracle, in my opinion. Maybe the love of Disney and family just seems to attract a certain kind of person.

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself. But you tend to reveal more to people that you know will still accept you without judgment. This isn't to say you can't criticize someone or call out something you feel is wrong, but it's done in a constructive way and with their best interests at heart. That's where I feel like this group works really well.

So, I think the DIS Dads is a great case study for why online friendships can work very, very well. And that's why I've made the effort to try and seek out many of you when I'm on the road. Life is about relationships--nothing else really matters. And I'm interested in having relationships with fundamentally decent people.

Also, it's really cool to know that I can go to Wisconsin or Indiana or Connecticut or West Virginia or whereever and know there's an awesome person to hang out with there.

And my wife stopped laughing at my "pull my finger" jokes years ago, but I know you guys will still appreciate them. :thumbsup2
I agree wholeheartedly with your statement.. but there is one part I cannot agree with-

It's the Wisconsin part I can not comprehend... you mean there are people you want to see in Wisconsin? :confused3 :crazy2::crazy2:

I picked it up, hauled it to the woods and dumped the rotten stuff out. I left it back there for a few days to air out, but I brought it back up to the house last night so they can pick it up when they bring our new freezer. I wanted to see exactly how small I could crush this thing, but I figured I should leave it somewhat close to it's normal shape so that they actually will take it.

This time we're getting an upright that will go inside the house for closer observation.

I'm just glad it happened when it did. We have a 1/4 of beef to pick up at the meat locker this weekend.
Way to go!!!!!

These 3 salute you!

398307680.jpg

they had long morning meeting about us getting DVC and trying to get that up and running.
Ok, first the quick stuff: awesome monorail pics, sucks about the break in.

Now, tell us more about DVC at the Poly. Are they thinking of converting a few of of the buildings? Adding a new tower? We need DETAILS! (please:flower3:)

Woke up to this...

Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec. Something's not right here. Those knife slits are clearly at the TOP of the tire, yet it's flat on the BOTTOM. Somethings fishy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

There are different levels of friendship, of course, and at any point in time you probably only have 2 or 3 people in your life that you'd feel comfortable telling them anything. With the rest, you're more guarded because you don't know how they'll react if you reveal certain truths about yourself.
Don't worry Mark, your secret is safe with me. :thumbsup2

Well said, though Mark. Well said.

Sometimes I really miss living on a farm.

Morning all…

Eventful evening last night…
had to rescue DW when her car refused to start back up during a shopping trip.
It ended up being a simple dead battery. One of the few you can still do on the newer vehicles without having to remove sixteen plastic coverings and avoid damaging overly sensitive computers. That’s a Benjamin that I’d like to have back, but at least it was easily solved.

So…
What are y’all up to?

Morning guys!

Its Thursday once again, and hopefully I get to head home this afternoon. Im back in Manassas, and had planned on contacted DEA for another meetup, but my schedule has once again crushed that idea. I had 13.5 hrs my first day and 11 yesterday. I have a meeting this afternoon at 3 (who the beverly schedules a meeting for 3 in the afternoon?):furious: before I drive the 4-5 hrs back to NC. Still not sure if I am going to stick around for it or just leave. :confused3

Oh and late last night, they finally made an arrest in the murder of my mother in laws cousin. Pretty stoked about that!

Matt

Long days… lots of driving… I’d vote for the “just leave” option, but that’s not always possible in the real world. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that there has been some progress on the criminal investigation.
May that continue to move in a positive direction.

Word is it was about 100 cars... that got slashed.

Apparently there is some video out there.

OK… at least my vehicular problems were just normal wear and tear.
Stuff like that just makes me absolutely nutty. We had some teens pulling off similar type of garbage a while back, but a couple of home surveillance videos posted to YouTube got them caught and that nonsense put to an end. Hopefully there will be a quick resolution to the problem.

You bet! And for an extra $100 we will upgrade those tires to come with "winter air"! :rotfl2:

Now that you mention it, I do believe I remember seeing that item listed on the sticker of the last new car I bought. That was back in 1992. I can no longer afford to buy “new” vehicles though, so I just won’t be able to enjoy that particular upgrade any more. :lmao:

My Evil Plan worked!! bwahahhahhaaa!

:rotfl2:

As the preacher said: “Lord, I don’t know if I’d have shared that one brother!”
:rotfl:

We had a deep freeze that we kept out in a workshop that I have off the side of our garage. It isn't a room we go into everyday, so we apparently took a few days to discover that the freezer died. Considering the fact that there was about a foot of some kind of brownish liquid in the bottom and all kinds of spoiled food, I had to do something about it. When I opened the lid, the smell made me want to hurl.

To quote Scott:
“My Evil Plan worked!! bwahahhahhaaa!”

:rotfl2:

With that, I give you the redneck's guide to cleaning out a freezer.

But I do like your solution to the problem.
It’s also good that you didn’t lose all that beef…
That would have been unacceptable.

I agree wholeheartedly with you statement.. but there is one part I cannot agree with-

It's the Wisconsin part I can not comprehend... you mean there are people you want to see in Wisconsin? :confused3 :crazy2::crazy2:

He's talking Bambi and the kids.

Ok, first the quick stuff: awesome monorail pics, sucks about the break in.

Now, tell us more about DVC at the Poly. Are they thinking of converting a few of of the buildings? Adding a new tower? We need DETAILS! (please:flower3:)

Wait a sec, wait a sec, wait a sec. Something's not right here. Those knife slits are clearly at the TOP of the tire, yet it's flat on the BOTTOM. Somethings fishy, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

One there is something about a new Longhouse in the future. The GCH, Grand Ceremonial Hall is up for refurb and some other parts as well. No conversions yet planned! No name yet for the new longhouse.

-----

Yeah that was funny about the tire comment you made. "its a new tire" Make sure to keep you awake on long drives!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter