• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

I am so sorry you are dealing with this! She sounds like she is being ridiculous. I think you're doing the right thing by taking the high road. :hug:

I'd consider what David says because it's his day too. Honestly, I'd pick out a reasonably priced dress that your girls like (for the most part) and that you and David agree on and call it a day!

I felt the same way about my dress a few months after I ordered it. I even went to try on new dresses. When my dress came in I remembered why I ordered it and fell in love with it all over again. My best advice: stop looking at dresses! There's a reason you bought the one you did!

Sorry to hear about your job. :( Why don't you like it?

And, amen! Guys are so hard to shop for! :laughing:

* Ugh I am so sorry for all of the drama you are dealing with! Good for you for not getting into fights with her about these things. If I were you I would maybe look around for another, cheaper dress, but if you don't find anything that you *love* I wouldn't compromise and get something you only thing is so-so. If it comes back to the dress you really like, just politely tell her that's the dress and explain that although it is more expensive than some others you are paying for other things for her. If she's still putting up a big stink I think that's your way out.
* So sorry you're having dress regret again! Even though I agree with Faith and think you will probably love your dress once you get it again, a trip to Kleinfeld's does sound like it would be a lot of fun!! ;)
* Oh no, I'm sorry you don't like you job! What is it that you don't like?
* Men are definitely the worst to shop for! I make a list all year when I see something DH might be interested in, so I usually have a few things for him. But like, my uncles and grandfather and stuff? I never have any clue what to get them.

Aww...I want to give you a big hug!

Here's my opinion on the dress situation, although it may not be popular. It's your day. Yes, you should get your BMs opinion, but if its the dress you want (and the other BMs seem okay with it) then I say go for it! (I was in friend's wedding where I had to pay for travel to Colorado and her dress was 350 plus alterations and yes it was a little pricey but it was HER day so we were all fine with it!)

I'm sorry about your dress! I too was never 100% percent on mine...there was another dress I was in love with (the one disbride Emma wore) I wanted to cut the bottom off and wear it for a recpetion dress but the alterations lady wouldn't do it since she couldn't guarantee it would look right. But everyone told me that the dress I ended up getting looked the best on me and was right for the situation. Up until I got the alterations done, I wasn't sure. But once it fit and was mine, I loved it!

And I'm sorry you hate your job!

And men--ugh! So stinking hard! My dad, brother, and DH are awful! I keep asking DH what he wants and he says "work shirts". Come on, give me more than that!!!

Anyways...more hugs!! :hug:

Sorry about the drama!! :hug: Wish I could offer some more advice but I am horrible at confrontation especially with girls... :headache:

Awww why is your job bad??? :sad2:

Hang in there girl!!! At least Christmas is coming up soon!!!

Idk, what happened but somehow I missed ALL of these replies! Doh! I swear it's the stress taking over my body! haha.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this! She sounds like she is being ridiculous. I think you're doing the right thing by taking the high road. :hug:

I'd consider what David says because it's his day too. Honestly, I'd pick out a reasonably priced dress that your girls like (for the most part) and that you and David agree on and call it a day!

I felt the same way about my dress a few months after I ordered it. I even went to try on new dresses. When my dress came in I remembered why I ordered it and fell in love with it all over again. My best advice: stop looking at dresses! There's a reason you bought the one you did!

Sorry to hear about your job. :( Why don't you like it?

And, amen! Guys are so hard to shop for! :laughing:

Thanks luv! I agree. But with the bm dress situation I'm not sure if I should really give David any input? haha. After all what does he know about dresses? ;D

My dress is just making me sick half of the time. I only keep coming back to this ONE other dress. It's almost the same as mine.. except the bottom of it is extremely whimsical and gorgeous. If I could do that to mine I'd be in heaven! ;D

It's the administration I don't like. They're very backwards and everyone contradicts the other. It's so difficult! It makes me want to cry. I keep getting negative feedback and nothing positive. It would make anybody nutso!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

... i'm a girl of few words today, lol--but this should do!

Few, but plenty D. Miss u mucho.

* Ugh I am so sorry for all of the drama you are dealing with! Good for you for not getting into fights with her about these things. If I were you I would maybe look around for another, cheaper dress, but if you don't find anything that you *love* I wouldn't compromise and get something you only thing is so-so. If it comes back to the dress you really like, just politely tell her that's the dress and explain that although it is more expensive than some others you are paying for other things for her. If she's still putting up a big stink I think that's your way out.
* So sorry you're having dress regret again! Even though I agree with Faith and think you will probably love your dress once you get it again, a trip to Kleinfeld's does sound like it would be a lot of fun!! ;)
* Oh no, I'm sorry you don't like you job! What is it that you don't like?
* Men are definitely the worst to shop for! I make a list all year when I see something DH might be interested in, so I usually have a few things for him. But like, my uncles and grandfather and stuff? I never have any clue what to get them.

It's a poopy situation all around. haha.

Aww...I want to give you a big hug!

Here's my opinion on the dress situation, although it may not be popular. It's your day. Yes, you should get your BMs opinion, but if its the dress you want (and the other BMs seem okay with it) then I say go for it! (I was in friend's wedding where I had to pay for travel to Colorado and her dress was 350 plus alterations and yes it was a little pricey but it was HER day so we were all fine with it!)

I'm sorry about your dress! I too was never 100% percent on mine...there was another dress I was in love with (the one disbride Emma wore) I wanted to cut the bottom off and wear it for a recpetion dress but the alterations lady wouldn't do it since she couldn't guarantee it would look right. But everyone told me that the dress I ended up getting looked the best on me and was right for the situation. Up until I got the alterations done, I wasn't sure. But once it fit and was mine, I loved it!

And I'm sorry you hate your job!

And men--ugh! So stinking hard! My dad, brother, and DH are awful! I keep asking DH what he wants and he says "work shirts". Come on, give me more than that!!!

Anyways...more hugs!! :hug:

Okay, my bm dress I got from $400 down to $300. It'll need very little alterations except for perhaps around the bust area. It's such a gorgeous dress and totally something that they could wear again. Can you please come talk some sense into my 2 bms? Or just take their places? :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 When I first got engaged I figured $250 tops for a dress for them, so it's only $50 more...

As far as my dress goes I'm so scared about it. It's where I'm in love with different parts of different dresses. The only other one I'm REALLY lusting over is another Maggie. I wish Maggie would let you customize your gown, like combining the two different dresses to make a new one. But they don't. I literally want to take the extra flowers on the bottom part of my gown and move them to my bodice.. then making the bottom just like the other gown that I've been oogling. =/ I'll show you pictures just to see what you think! I'm debating going and trying on the new one.

MY dress.
RihannaRoyalebyMaggie.jpg

Dress I'm OOGLING and loving the bottom.
maggie_sottero_ivandra_frontwveil.jpg

David said the same thing! Bah! But I finally finished his shopping! Woohoo!

If you're thinking about it this much that it's making you stressed or sad, then I would say try on the new dress. There is always the chance that you'll try it on and not like the style or how it looks on you. If that's the case, then you'll be happier with your original dress. And if you do love it... well, you'll still be in pretty much the same position you're in now, you'll just know for sure!

If you're thinking about it this much that it's making you stressed or sad, then I would say try on the new dress. There is always the chance that you'll try it on and not like the style or how it looks on you. If that's the case, then you'll be happier with your original dress. And if you do love it... well, you'll still be in pretty much the same position you're in now, you'll just know for sure!
This this this!

I had dress regret and went to try on other dresses. When I tried them on I realized that I loved my dress the best. It worked out for me and put my mind at ease.

This this this!

I had dress regret and went to try on other dresses. When I tried them on I realized that I loved my dress the best. It worked out for me and put my mind at ease.

That new one that I just posted is seriously the ONLY one that I'm really in LOVE with and considering purchasing if I really loved it. But, as of right now the only store that carries it is Kleinfeld's. I don't have time to get into the city until after the holidays. I wish I could find it in NJ. Bah. :headache: :headache: :headache:

Okay, my bm dress I got from $400 down to $300. It'll need very little alterations except for perhaps around the bust area. It's such a gorgeous dress and totally something that they could wear again. Can you please come talk some sense into my 2 bms? Or just take their places? :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 When I first got engaged I figured $250 tops for a dress for them, so it's only $50 more...

As far as my dress goes I'm so scared about it. It's where I'm in love with different parts of different dresses. The only other one I'm REALLY lusting over is another Maggie. I wish Maggie would let you customize your gown, like combining the two different dresses to make a new one. But they don't. I literally want to take the extra flowers on the bottom part of my gown and move them to my bodice.. then making the bottom just like the other gown that I've been oogling. =/ I'll show you pictures just to see what you think! I'm debating going and trying on the new one.

MY dress.
RihannaRoyalebyMaggie.jpg

Dress I'm OOGLING and loving the bottom.
maggie_sottero_ivandra_frontwveil.jpg

David said the same thing! Bah! But I finally finished his shopping! Woohoo!

Grr...Stupid BMs! Okay, I don't know if this would be feasible, financially for you, but what if you paid the extra $50 of each dress? You said 250 tops...so they CANNOT complain about that. If you paid the $100 then maybe they would chill out? Or let me at 'em! I'll tell them how they be to their bride! Or I'll just come take over their dress!

As for your dress, do you know if Alfred Angelo would let you customize your gown? If so, you might want to check them out because the two dresses that I was torn between, were also exactly the same but from Maggie Sottero (well, the stitching on the Maggie was golder and the AA one was silver, but I couldn't believe that I could find the two dresses I liked in both Maggie AND AA). Anyway, maybe AA has something similar to the two dresses and can customize them?

Grr...Stupid BMs! Okay, I don't know if this would be feasible, financially for you, but what if you paid the extra $50 of each dress? You said 250 tops...so they CANNOT complain about that. If you paid the $100 then maybe they would chill out? Or let me at 'em! I'll tell them how they be to their bride! Or I'll just come take over their dress!

As for your dress, do you know if Alfred Angelo would let you customize your gown? If so, you might want to check them out because the two dresses that I was torn between, were also exactly the same but from Maggie Sottero (well, the stitching on the Maggie was golder and the AA one was silver, but I couldn't believe that I could find the two dresses I liked in both Maggie AND AA). Anyway, maybe AA has something similar to the two dresses and can customize them?

Um. I LOVE you. ;D Just saying. As far as the bridesmaid situation is going as of right now I'm not stressing about it until we choose our dresses on the 27th (MOH and I are going shopping!). From there on out if there's an issue with price I will talk with each one individually. My bm's are getting so spoiled from me that I think the extra $50 would probably kill me financially unless I get a new job. hah. You are more than welcome to contact them or come to NJ. PLEASE.

I have looked at AA. The only dresses I was really in love with was Snow White and Ariel. heh. I had a super unpleasant experience with AA so I was really turned off by them. I'm not sure what to do. But I KNOW Maggie doesn't do them. Plus my dress is already in production. So I doubt I can change it now. =[ I may try and talk to a seamstress once I get it in and see what they'd charge to kinda reconstruct my bottom?? :headache: :headache: :sad1: :sad1: It sucks.

Ladies and gentlemen (are there any out there?)..

I've gotten a phone call and my dress is back in. Well it's a new dress. But it's back in. I'm so freaking nervous to go and try her on!

Of course it comes in a few days before Christmas, so I won't be able to get there to try her on until probably Tuesday. Which works out because I'm going out with my mother and maid of honor Tuesday to pick out a final bridesmaid choice and start browsing Mommy dresses again!

I think what I'm going to do this time is request that someone seriously helps me get into the gown and FULLY dress me. I'm talking crinolin, veil, tiara, earrings, and shoes. NOT letting me see it until I walk out and can see myself in the mirror. I'm just hoping that they can do it for me somehow! lol. ;D I'm not sure all of the dress will fit in the room and allow me to not see myself. I'm so so so so nervous. I know the dress won't be the final look but it'll be close to it. There's a few things I wanna change and add to it.

So we'll see.

Next week I should have some heavy duty updates for you!
Oh and I'm going up Friday to my uncle's to play makeup with my maid of honor as well. It's crazy. It's starting to hit that my wedding's like less than 10 months away! Holy moly!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate!

& an early

Very Merry Christmas!!

Can't wait to hear about your dress! Good luck, I hope you love it! I think that's a good plan to try to get an idea of the look overall, with the tiara and veil and all. Even then, alterations can work wonders. I didn't get anything major done to mine, just a hem and had it taken in a little, but it looked soooo much better after getting it tailored to me!

I just read through this entire PJ tonight. Good Luck with your dress!

Leslie

Can't wait to hear about your dress! Good luck, I hope you love it! I think that's a good plan to try to get an idea of the look overall, with the tiara and veil and all. Even then, alterations can work wonders. I didn't get anything major done to mine, just a hem and had it taken in a little, but it looked soooo much better after getting it tailored to me!

I hope so too girlie! Be prepared for a full write up that night hopefully! ;D

I just read through this entire PJ tonight. Good Luck with your dress!

Leslie

So sweet. Thanks for joining!!! <3

Hello, hello ladies! As promised I'm here to update you regarding our shopping adventures yesterday. Thankfully the rain held off right up until we went to go pick up my dress OF COURSE.

We started off at one shop and hit up 3 more on the way until we got to the shop where I had bought my wedding gown.

I will say, it's so hard to take my maid of honor out shopping to make a decision. Because she looks so amazing in so many of the dresses! She tried on one that we absolutely loved but, well nobody else in the bridal party would really look as good as she did and they didn't have a different dress of the same fabric that would compliment it very well. But I told her she should buy it anyway. lol. Just to have it!

A little side note for a quick minute. I must say I am so insanely happy with my decision of who I chose as a maid of honor. She is a life saver and just an amazing person. She gets just as excited as I do about the wedding and just shows immense amounts of excitement/dedication/interest/etc whatever you want to call it. That just makes me feel amazing. I was talking with my mom about it the other day and she agrees with me as well. I mean the girl has had shower ideas since I ASKED her to be maid of honor. lol. Then when we were out she was asking what I wanted for the bachelorette party and she's like well we could do NYC, AC, and the spa.. or do all 3 which sounds great to me. All I said was girl it's up to you. You're in charge of that. Just tell me when it is. lol. Amazing love she is.

Anyways, back to shopping. We were in the bridal shop where I bought my veil and tiara. Unfortunately, my consultant wasn't there. =[ Which was upsetting. But we shopped anyway. I knew what ones I wanted her to try on. We chose a few others as well. But we kinda already went in with a pretty good idea of the dresses that we all wanted. hehe. In the end we came up to the one shoulder dress that we ALL love but a few of them have issues with the pricing and to solve that issue I picked a second dress as well! So I let the consultant know and she wrote it down on my card. Only one little problem. She told me the discount would only be 10% when I was originally told 20-25%. :scared1: HUGE difference. So now I'm awaiting for my consultant to email me back and let me know. Anywho, here are the 2 different dresses! The strapless one will NOT have that little ugly do-dad on it. I don't like it!

Choice #1
Noir3185.jpg
Noir3185b.jpg

Choice #2
JHO5180.jpg

We also have a safety option in case that discount doesn't work out. Even though I'm a bit worried about the fit. I feel like it's kinda too similar to MY wedding gown? So it may look weird in pictures? But here it is.

JH5028.jpg
JH5028b.jpg

After Christine was done with that. I finally talked my mom into trying on some dresses. She came out in one and it was gorgeous on her. She looked like a queen! You could see it in her face too! So she's pretty much set on ordering this one. Plus turns out they carry it where I got my gown so she'd get a 20% discount! Woohoo for Momma! Possibly even in this color. It's an aqua sand color and it looked fabulous on her with her hair color/skin tone. If only I had thought to take some pictures of HER in it??
momma.jpg
momma2.jpg

Detailing
momma3.jpg

Then we had lunch before we headed off to go see my wedding gown. After we left lunch my nerves were getting the best of mine and I had a huge, huge knot in my stomach! Blach. Not good. haha. I was so nervous. But I brought my tiara and earrings with me so that I could pretty much get the full effect.

When we got to the salon they were a smidgen bit crowded and the owner didn't see me right away. I sent Christine off to look at bridesmaid gowns while I just kinda stood around until I saw it... the one dress that I had been eyeing online and making me second guess my wedding gown. It was right dead in the middle of the bridal room. I almost died. I will say it definitely wasn't fluffed and pluffed like it is in the picture which somewhat turned me off. I wasn't a fan of the bodice but I still kinda really liked the bottom. As soon as my mom saw it she hated it. lol. They wouldn't let me try it on though. My mom and maid of honor that is. But I will say I wouldn't wanna do exactly that to my dress because I think it'd kinda kill it. I'm just desperate to find a way to make my dress more 'whimsical' on the bottom. Blah.

Anywho, the owner finally spotted me and told me she'd be right back up with my gown. She brings her in and holy moly. It definitely had extra fabric. The bag looked like it was going to POP. lol. Yay for that! When I tried it on I tried it with a crinny and my tiara/earrings. I got into it with my back facing the mirror. I didn't wanna see myself in it until I got out to the showroom. I wouldn't let my mom or Christine help me. It had to be the owner to lace me up so I could go out and they'd get the whole effect.
I opened the door and OF COURSE they were super impatient and standing right in front of the door. My mom's face was priceless. She was fighting back tears (she later told me too many people were there so she didn't wanna look like a fool) and my maid of honor had the biggest smile on her face. Meanwhile, I hadn't seen ANYTHING lol. I stepped into the mirror and wow what a difference that 14" of train makes! Totally changes the entire dress. It was GORGEOUS. With the sweetheart neckline and somehow adding something onto the bottom portion of the dress I will be set. So it was definitely a relief. I did the sit test too! Only alterations needed are the bustle and the sweetheart neck! Yay! <3 I will have to order a crinny or have them sew it into the gown. Which I'd rather sew it in because of how tight the gown is up top if I do a crinny you're going to see the line. =[ Not cool. But woohoo!

I went in to get changed and when I came out my mom was telling me that everyone kept saying how gorgeous I looked and what a beautiful gown it was. There was a girl there with her mother and sister trying on dresses for the first time and the first thing that they said was 'wow, she really likes to sparkle huh?' My mom replied with 'you have no idea, the more the better, you should see her veil and shoes!' :laughing: :laughing:

We tried on a few more bridesmaid dresses but nothing was really wowing us. We're just hoping that the discount works out in our favor! =/ I was talking with the owner while I was there and asked her about a few of the dresses that are coming out in the Spring and she said that they should be in by February (which is when I want to order) and 2 of the ones we were looking at will be in the store. Woohoo! lol. So if the one doesn't work out. Hopefully the others will instead.

It's so funny though. We were headed home and it really hit me. I'm getting married in less than 10 months! Holy moly! It's really going to pick up! I have so so much to do! After new years though I'm going to begin on my invitations and anything little that I can get done and over with before crunch time hits!! heh.

I'm so glad you liked it better! I was kinda worried for you, but it seems to be working out. Thank God for that! And I'm glad your mom found a dress :) It's all so exciting!

I'm so glad you liked it better! I was kinda worried for you, but it seems to be working out. Thank God for that! And I'm glad your mom found a dress :) It's all so exciting!

Aw. I was really worried too! I'm still not 100% sold on it. But I think with a few tweaks, once I figure it out, it'll be better.

Any suggestions on how to make my gown more whimsical?? :confused3 :confused3

Oh Yay! I am sooooooooooooooo glad and relieved that you loved your dress! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you! And I can't wait to see pics of you in with everything on!

Your mom's dress is gorgeous! (and its similar to my mom's dress!)

As for the bridesmaid dresses...so pretty! I definitely like the first one best! (I also liked the AA one you showed me if they can change the fabric! although, what is the safety option made out of in your pics)

Anyways..10 months! Woohooo! It will FLY by!

Hey ladies! I need your opinions/suggestions on something.

I had the genius idea of somehow incorporating Disney Pins into the boutenierre's and bouquets. I have pins for David and myself. But what do I do for the guys? I'd rather be stick with JUST Mickey's. But idk what kinda Mickey's to use? Do you know of any Mickey pins that are just the heads and solid colors? Where I could find them? For the girls I'd want to use Minnie's.

Or does anybody have any other suggestions? I was even thinking if I could get Vinylmation pins in solid colors? Such decisions. I'm really torn about it all. =[

And I hope all of you have a fantastic night! For those of us getting married in 2012 it's almost our wedding year! Craziness!!

Happy New Year DisLuvs!!!

* Your MOH sounds perfect. I was also really happy with my decision; having a great MOH is such an important thing! So glad you asked her! I can't wait til one of my friends gets married so I can be the dedicated bridesmaid/MOH, now that I know how helpful and important it really is.
* I love your dress choices. They are both beautiful and if you have some people pick the second one I think that will look really great, maybe even better than if everyone was identical! Hope that discount works out.
* Your mom's dress is gorgeous!
* So happy that you loved your dress, I know that was such a stress for you! It sounds absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see it.
* I don't know too much about the pins but I would guess ebay would be your best bet? Not sure what colors you're looking for, but I did a quick search for Mickey head pins and there were tons of options, so maybe you could try there first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter