DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

* Your MOH sounds perfect. I was also really happy with my decision; having a great MOH is such an important thing! So glad you asked her! I can't wait til one of my friends gets married so I can be the dedicated bridesmaid/MOH, now that I know how helpful and important it really is.
* I love your dress choices. They are both beautiful and if you have some people pick the second one I think that will look really great, maybe even better than if everyone was identical! Hope that discount works out.
* Your mom's dress is gorgeous!
* So happy that you loved your dress, I know that was such a stress for you! It sounds absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see it.
* I don't know too much about the pins but I would guess ebay would be your best bet? Not sure what colors you're looking for, but I did a quick search for Mickey head pins and there were tons of options, so maybe you could try there first?

First off, love how you answered me in bullets! ;D

Awesome maid of honors just make it so much easier! =]

I was thinking the same, as far as the dresses go. But if 4 agree to 1 gown and 1 picks a different, it's gunna be a tough situation. =P

I know! I love her dress. I can't wait for her to order it so I know what color she's going to be in.

As far as my dress goes, stay tuned to a new post coming up.

I was looking on ebay. But I'm torn. Do I do simple Mickey heads? OR Vinylmations of their fab5 since we have 5 in the bridal party? it's so tough! If I could find them in our wedding colors it'd be so much easier!

Okay, so I need to get something off of my chest.
I'm already preparing myself for all you girls (especially Amber & Kristi) to yell at me. But I just need to get it out and perhaps see if anyone has felt the same.

My wedding dress. Yep. The ONE dress in your life that HAS to be epic. Is perhaps the MOST important gown that you will wear in your life. You're supposed to be in love with, it marks the beginning of your new life with your husband and the happily ever after that you're going to create for the two of you. You're supposed to be completely ecstatic when it comes in and canNOT wait to get it on you! Whether it be for the fitting or for your big day.
Right?

Well. I feel none of that. I know my dress is gorgeous, beautiful, different, whimsical, garden-esque. But I don't feel excited to put her on. AT ALL. What's up with that? For instance, it's hanging up in my parent's closet right now and I have NO urge at all to go peek at her. N-O-N-E. What is wrong with me? :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I keep trying to think of little stuff I can do to her to make her fit my personality more and make me happier. But everyone keeps telling me to stop it and leave her alone. A sweetheart neckline is a must. So is tulle underneath of it to poof it out. But those 2 things alone aren't going to change her enough for me to be happy? Are they?
I seriously feel like I'm the worst bride ever. The only thing I'm extremely ecstatic about is:
-my hubby to be
-my wedding shoes
-my dj
-my florist
-the HONEYMOON

That's it. Notice, my dress doesn't even make it to the list? IT SHOULD!
I am so utterly sick to my stomach about it all I really don't know what to do. Should I fester up the courage and talk to my mom about it and perhaps make an appointment at some bridal stores? The dress will then have to come out of my pocket. Which means, I definitely need to pay off my credit card.
What the heck do I do??

David and I are going to lunch tomorrow, perhaps I'll ask his opinion? But it's hard to do without showing him the dress?

Did any of you experience anything similar?? :confused3 :confused3

Official Bad Bride of 2012.. right here. =[

Okay, so I need to get something off of my chest.
I'm already preparing myself for all you girls (especially Amber & Kristi) to yell at me. But I just need to get it out and perhaps see if anyone has felt the same.

My wedding dress. Yep. The ONE dress in your life that HAS to be epic. Is perhaps the MOST important gown that you will wear in your life. You're supposed to be in love with, it marks the beginning of your new life with your husband and the happily ever after that you're going to create for the two of you. You're supposed to be completely ecstatic when it comes in and canNOT wait to get it on you! Whether it be for the fitting or for your big day.
Right?

Well. I feel none of that. I know my dress is gorgeous, beautiful, different, whimsical, garden-esque. But I don't feel excited to put her on. AT ALL. What's up with that? For instance, it's hanging up in my parent's closet right now and I have NO urge at all to go peek at her. N-O-N-E. What is wrong with me? :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I keep trying to think of little stuff I can do to her to make her fit my personality more and make me happier. But everyone keeps telling me to stop it and leave her alone. A sweetheart neckline is a must. So is tulle underneath of it to poof it out. But those 2 things alone aren't going to change her enough for me to be happy? Are they?
I seriously feel like I'm the worst bride ever. The only thing I'm extremely ecstatic about is:
-my hubby to be
-my wedding shoes
-my dj
-my florist
-the HONEYMOON

That's it. Notice, my dress doesn't even make it to the list? IT SHOULD!
I am so utterly sick to my stomach about it all I really don't know what to do. Should I fester up the courage and talk to my mom about it and perhaps make an appointment at some bridal stores? The dress will then have to come out of my pocket. Which means, I definitely need to pay off my credit card.
What the heck do I do??

David and I are going to lunch tomorrow, perhaps I'll ask his opinion? But it's hard to do without showing him the dress?

Did any of you experience anything similar?? :confused3 :confused3

Official Bad Bride of 2012.. right here. =[

Ok squeaker. I feel bad I do not know your actual name...maybe if I went back and looked at page 1...I will do that now before I read more....please hold....ok i am back let us try this again

Jenifer,
So many people put emphasis on "the dress" I think it is a society based thing. I think that perhaps there are things that are just more important to some people than there are to others. I mean like for me. I love my dress but I do not go and look at it I do not have urges to go and put it on. My mom is bugging me about taking it for alterations and I never think about it. Instead I think about what jeans I want to wear for our desert party. Do not let the dress thing consume you really. I mean greg has seen pictures of my dress and a picture of me in my dress and I did this just to check to see if he will like it. That might soothe your mind. you do not have to do everything the way tradition says you should or superstition. Maybe if he loves it then you will feel better and if he does not really like it then maybe you have time to get another one that you might like more. I just don't see the wedding dress as being "THE" dress I see it as being a very pretty dress I will wear. Perhaps "the" outfit for me will be the fun pajama lingerie I will get for the night of the wedding....I don't know But I hope that helps.

Be excited about the things you are excited about and don't worry about the things you aren't. Love the dress and think you look damn good in it! That is what i say!

:)

teresa

Ok squeaker. I feel bad I do not know your actual name...maybe if I went back and looked at page 1...I will do that now before I read more....please hold....ok i am back let us try this again

Jenifer,
So many people put emphasis on "the dress" I think it is a society based thing. I think that perhaps there are things that are just more important to some people than there are to others. I mean like for me. I love my dress but I do not go and look at it I do not have urges to go and put it on. My mom is bugging me about taking it for alterations and I never think about it. Instead I think about what jeans I want to wear for our desert party. Do not let the dress thing consume you really. I mean greg has seen pictures of my dress and a picture of me in my dress and I did this just to check to see if he will like it. That might soothe your mind. you do not have to do everything the way tradition says you should or superstition. Maybe if he loves it then you will feel better and if he does not really like it then maybe you have time to get another one that you might like more. I just don't see the wedding dress as being "THE" dress I see it as being a very pretty dress I will wear. Perhaps "the" outfit for me will be the fun pajama lingerie I will get for the night of the wedding....I don't know But I hope that helps.

Be excited about the things you are excited about and don't worry about the things you aren't. Love the dress and think you look damn good in it! That is what i say!

:)

teresa

No problem Teresa. Thanks so much for actually taking the time out to go check out page 1! ;D

As far as tradition goes, I'm not very traditional but keeping the dress a secret is a HUGE thing for me. I definitely want to shock everyone. Nobody in my family has even seen it except for my aunt because she's going to be doing some of my alterations lol. So. I think that may have a lot to do with it too? Because I've only gotten a few opinions on it? I don't even have pictures of me IN my dress lol. I was too consumed with everything else that day when I had put it on.

DF's pointed out the fit he wants to see me in and my gown is the fit of the 2 he had chosen. So that definitely made me feel better. (but don't worry I told him my gowns MUCH larger than the ones he had chosen, ha)

I think my biggest issue is perfection. I am a perfectionist to the highest regards of the word. hah. I worry that the dress isn't perfect enough or that it just isn't right. The biggest thing is that it's so damn feminine that I feel it isn't me? ha. When I wear gowns/dress up I always wear the loud obnoxious colors or the shiniest, blinged out dress I can find. I like the make a statement when I enter a room! ha. Maybe the white color is throwing me off? :confused3

Ok I can totally understand where you are coming from. See mine is not bright white because I can not stand bright white. Mine has some pink in the threading and silver in the beading which adds some color. I do NOT wear dresses so it is already odd for me to wear. I suggest loud awesome jewelry, loud shoes and maybe a totally awesome garter. jazz the dress up with good makeup and jewelry to bring in your style and maybe your bouquet can add to it too.

Teresa

Ok I can totally understand where you are coming from. See mine is not bright white because I can not stand bright white. Mine has some pink in the threading and silver in the beading which adds some color. I do NOT wear dresses so it is already odd for me to wear. I suggest loud awesome jewelry, loud shoes and maybe a totally awesome garter. jazz the dress up with good makeup and jewelry to bring in your style and maybe your bouquet can add to it too.

Teresa

=] I have HUGE jewelry. I have the biggest tiara that anyone's ever seen, earrings that hit my shoulders, a cathedral veil covered in crystals and custom Swarovski shoes. I'm not sure if you've seen any of those posts?? They're a few pages back..

I keep forgetting about my bouquet. haha.

Just sucks when you feel like it's not right??

=] I have HUGE jewelry. I have the biggest tiara that anyone's ever seen, earrings that hit my shoulders, a cathedral veil covered in crystals and custom Swarovski shoes. I'm not sure if you've seen any of those posts?? They're a few pages back..

I keep forgetting about my bouquet. haha.

Just sucks when you feel like it's not right??

I can understand your sentiment but is it not right just because you are perfectionist? Because if this is the issue perhaps you need more opinions on things. I suggest you take a picture of you in your dress and post it on here so that we can tell just how awesome it is and give you some help to make it more you! I know the rest of the girls will be willing to help.

We want you to feel great about your day and maybe it is just something simple that you or I have not thought of and we can help fix it.

Teresa

Hey girl! So here's my opinion. I think you should take your MOH with you and go around to different bridal stores. Try on some dresses. And if you find one that you fall in love with, then have a talk with your mom. I can tell this is a big deal for you and you don't want the regret of not knowing if there's a dress you like out there more. No regrets on your big day..its a once in a lifetime thing. (Just make sure to take pictures to show us please! :goodvibes )

I can understand your sentiment but is it not right just because you are perfectionist? Because if this is the issue perhaps you need more opinions on things. I suggest you take a picture of you in your dress and post it on here so that we can tell just how awesome it is and give you some help to make it more you! I know the rest of the girls will be willing to help.

We want you to feel great about your day and maybe it is just something simple that you or I have not thought of and we can help fix it.

Teresa

I really don't know what it is. =[

I'm honestly starting to debate on getting all dressed up in it again and getting some pictures. Perhaps tomorrow. To share. Even though I really was dead set against it. =[

Hey girl! So here's my opinion. I think you should take your MOH with you and go around to different bridal stores. Try on some dresses. And if you find one that you fall in love with, then have a talk with your mom. I can tell this is a big deal for you and you don't want the regret of not knowing if there's a dress you like out there more. No regrets on your big day..its a once in a lifetime thing. (Just make sure to take pictures to show us please! :goodvibes )

Hi Hi! I'm definitely going to talk to my MOH or my friend (whose getting married this weekend) about it. I want to go into Kleinfeld's. I'm really thinking of making an appointment and going out there. My friend whose getting married this weekend purchased her dress there and is willing to take me into the city to do it. They have such a huge inventory of dresses there. I think I'd be best doing that. If I don't get wow'ed there. Then maybe I'll go to a few more back home when we're done. My biggest fear is regretting it on the day of. You hit the nail on the head luv!

I really don't know what it is. =[

I'm honestly starting to debate on getting all dressed up in it again and getting some pictures. Perhaps tomorrow. To share. Even though I really was dead set against it. =[

Hi Hi! I'm definitely going to talk to my MOH or my friend (whose getting married this weekend) about it. I want to go into Kleinfeld's. I'm really thinking of making an appointment and going out there. My friend whose getting married this weekend purchased her dress there and is willing to take me into the city to do it. They have such a huge inventory of dresses there. I think I'd be best doing that. If I don't get wow'ed there. Then maybe I'll go to a few more back home when we're done. My biggest fear is regretting it on the day of. You hit the nail on the head luv!

I think that you have some good thoughts going here. If you can afford to get a different dress especially if you find one that wows you then I highly suggest you go look. Besides it can never hurt to look and you are right you don't want to regret it.

Teresa

I think that you have some good thoughts going here. If you can afford to get a different dress especially if you find one that wows you then I highly suggest you go look. Besides it can never hurt to look and you are right you don't want to regret it.

Teresa

I'm really exhausting every option possible. I'm waiting to hear back from a local bridal shop regarding a designer trunk show that they are having next week. They may possibly have the gown that I've been oogling. So, instead of me having to go all the way into NYC to see the gown. It may be right there. If I don't get an email back by tonight I'm going to give them a call tomorrow.

I was also thinking that perhaps after work one day next week of going to a bridal shop on my own. With NOBODY. And see how it goes. heh.

----------------------------------
So as I'm sure you expect, I've really been thinking about my wedding gown and how to make her work. I don't have any pictures of ME in my wedding gown. But I found one online that is of another bride. It gives you a bit of a view of the train.
IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

This train isn't as long as mine. But it gives you the general idea. I don't know if you can see it or not but there are pieces of lace embellish scattered on the tulle overlay, then there are 3dimensional flowers on random lace overlay pieces. SO, I was thinking perhaps we can add some tulle draping from flower to flower perhaps with some crystal embellishments? Or do you think that would be too much? Any ideas?? OR my aunt was talking of adding more flowers overall?

I love the back of this gown.
backofdress.jpg

But everyone thinks I'm nuts and tells me to just leave it alone, even though I don't want to? :confused3

So I can't really comment on the suggestions you're making because I'm a visual person so I can't really imagine what the words are saying...I'd have to see it. BUT I am keeping my fingers crossed that the trunk show will have that other gown for you!

I'm kind of with Andrea in that I'm not sure exactly what the changes you're suggesting would look like, so it's hard to judge. That being said, I do think your dress is absolutely gorgeous. However, if you don't feel right, then maybe at least talking to someone about what changes would be possible and if they think they would work would be a good idea? I think you still have a little more time to keep searching, so if that's what you need to do, so be it! Too bad there's not a good bridal store in KOP so I could help you look ;)

Good luck and keep us updated!

Hello! I'm here love :) I love your dress and I wish I could envision the changes you are debating, but from what you're saying it sounds fab. So you're thinking of adding tulle like the back of the dress underneath the picture of your dress? If it looks like the back of that one then I really like it and think you should go for it, but you will look awesome whichever way you go. Sending good vibes your way to a happy outcome :goodvibes

Do you mean having the tulle swag from flower to flower or hang off in flow-y tails from each flower? I honestly think the dress is stunning on it's own, but it might be good to chat with a designer about enhancing it if you are still having doubts.

So I can't really comment on the suggestions you're making because I'm a visual person so I can't really imagine what the words are saying...I'd have to see it. BUT I am keeping my fingers crossed that the trunk show will have that other gown for you!

I'm kind of with Andrea in that I'm not sure exactly what the changes you're suggesting would look like, so it's hard to judge. That being said, I do think your dress is absolutely gorgeous. However, if you don't feel right, then maybe at least talking to someone about what changes would be possible and if they think they would work would be a good idea? I think you still have a little more time to keep searching, so if that's what you need to do, so be it! Too bad there's not a good bridal store in KOP so I could help you look ;)

Good luck and keep us updated!

Hello! I'm here love :) I love your dress and I wish I could envision the changes you are debating, but from what you're saying it sounds fab. So you're thinking of adding tulle like the back of the dress underneath the picture of your dress? If it looks like the back of that one then I really like it and think you should go for it, but you will look awesome whichever way you go. Sending good vibes your way to a happy outcome :goodvibes

Do you mean having the tulle swag from flower to flower or hang off in flow-y tails from each flower? I honestly think the dress is stunning on it's own, but it might be good to chat with a designer about enhancing it if you are still having doubts.

Yes and yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about, either option. Just depends on which would look best!

Congratulations! I love all your ideas so far, looking forward to reading more. :)

I'm thinking about going and picking up some tulle just to play around with it while the dress is still home. Kind of like just mocking it up and see what it'd look like and taking some pics to show you girls! I will keep you posted.

Hi ladies! I'm back with a few updates.

Our favors came in prior to Christmas, amidst all of the holiday hustle and bustle I totally forgot to tell you all! =X I forgot to take pictures too. =[ They're up in my attic and as soon as I get them down I promise to show you a picture! They're silver travel mugs with our monogram on them. =] They came out awesome and I honestly cannot wait to use mine! I'm thinking of even personalizing mine and David's with Mr & Mrs but not sure yet. ;D

Also, I am making an appointment with a seamstress hopefully this week or next. I'm going by myself since nobody really supports me the way I want to be supported. My mother gets upset or aggirvated every time I talk about it. But I think she just doesn't get how I feel and I've given up trying to get her to understand. Here are a few inspiration pictures that I'm going to bring along! ONLY for the bottom portions of the dress. Notice, a few of them are me in gowns! ;D I went and tried on a few the other day by myself. But nothing was screaming at me to order anything. So I knew I STILL hadn't found my dress.

LZ3150-1.jpg

I am so in love with this gown, just not the price tag. =[

SHOPPING22.jpg

alandra.jpg

LZ3161.jpg

SHOPPING25.jpg

This one just reminded me of such a fairytale.​

What do you all think? I really am torn about everything to do with my dress. But I am so excited about my accessories. I'm purchasing a second veil. Waltz length and is a oval cut veil, so that the blusher and veil is all one piece. I will be attaching that to my existing veil. Eek! Total drama!

I also had a makeup trial last week on a whim! I was bored.. my maid of honor and I called Mac to see how much it is to get your makeup done and during the week it's complimentary! You know I was there within 20 minutes of hearing the words FREE! ;D

I told her I wanted dramatic but not hooker and desperately wanted to wear red lipstick. Here's the look, but the day of I will be wearing false eyelashes.
What do you think? I'm going to go back another day and get a softer look done and then decide between the two.

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

And I'm going Wednesday to clear up my bridesmaid discount! Fingers crossed!

I like the make-up, I think it looks exactly as you described - dramatic but not overly so. Also, I really hope the seamstress has good news for you and is able to create the dress that you want! Let us know!

I like the make-up, I think it looks exactly as you described - dramatic but not overly so. Also, I really hope the seamstress has good news for you and is able to create the dress that you want! Let us know!

I really hope so too! I could use some good news! heh.

Fingers crossed for sure. I will definitely update you all once I get there and get some answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter