DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

Hey ladies! So it's time for an update...

I had gone to another florist on Tuesday by myself. Which was probably the worst decision ever! lol. This florist was the most professional and as soon as I had walked into her showroom, I was overwhelmed! I instantly thought 'I want my mommy!' haha. I've had such a rough time making decisions by myself with this wedding that I almost went into a panic attack!

Anywho, the appointment with the florist went extremely well and her pricing was pretty reasonable. I went in expecting the worst.. especially once I sat in her office and saw a picture of her husband and THE David Tutera hanging on the wall. I thought I was really going to be in for it and I'd never, ever be able to afford her! Turns out, she's pretty much spot on with the other florist that I had loved. Which makes it so much harder to make a decision. I loved her professionalism and creativity. She's also very, very sweet. But I wasn't sure that she had gotten my total vision as far as what I wanted? I went home and awaited her write up in my email. I emailed her back stating I wasn't sure if she fully understood where I wanted to go with my florals and was a bit concerned. She then gave me 2 options, either I could pay $75 for a sample BEFORE booking OR I could go down Thursday/Friday night because she has a bunch of weddings this weekend that have somewhat similar colors. So I went down last night and she had done up a little mock centerpiece for me! It was using left over flowers and meanwhile it wasn't exactly what I would have in mine, it did give me a good idea and helped to reassure me that she understood what I want.

So after leaving that place, I was totally overwhelmed and confused. Long story short, I'm awaiting the other contending florist to call me back and set up a second consultation. Then I will decide from there.

In the mean time... here are the ideas that I've been using! All colors will be orange, lime, purples, and blacks.

Bridal Bouquet..

I want lots of texture and orchids.
__031.jpg

__027.jpg

Bridesmaid Bouquets..

My Maid of Honor will slightly mimick mine. Predominently using Green/Purple Hydrangea, Mango/Deep Purple Callalily, miniature Orchids, Anemones, etc.

__017.jpg

__012.jpg

Boutenierre's..

Grooms Boutenierre will have a Picasso Calla with small orchid & greens
PICASSO.jpg

Groomsmen Boutenierre's will be a Mango Calla with greens
mango.jpg

Centerpieces..
Will have a mixture of short and tall. Carrying some of the same flowers from bouquets into the centerpieces. Along with black starfish and small white pumpkins. GLITTER.

decor_026-1.jpg

Tall centerpieces will not be as tight as far as flower composition. With lighting inside and branches/silver ting poking out all over the place.

decor_059.jpg

Short centerpieces will be similar in composition to this but not as tight. Candle sticks are a must. Loads of tealights all over all tables. Vases will feature crystals, hydrangeas, pumpkins, starfish, and not sure what other flowers. Along with table scaping everywhere.

Sweetheart Table..

decor_043.jpg

The mother's, father, grandmother's, and godparents flowers have not yet be determined. Will have the same feel but match their attire.

So that's that as far as flowers! =]

I went shopping with my one bridesmaid today. I had narrowed it down to 5 dresses.. and today we knocked it down to 3!! Once I go with my maid of honor hopefully we'll get it down to 1!! The first 2 of course are super expensive, however I found a website online in which they make replicas of the dress for a fraction of the price!

IMG_6664.jpg
IMG_6665.jpg

IMG_6666.jpg
IMG_6667.jpg

IMG_6668.jpg
IMG_6669.jpg

It's so crazy stressful! lol. I hate making decisions! :scared1:

Yay for pictures!

Your floral ideas are beautiful! I love all the colors and ideas!

And I love your bridesmaids dresses..especially the 2nd and 3rd one. You're so nice to let them pick what they want. I basically said "here's the one I really like guys, is it ok?" Luckily they all liked them. Did I miss somewhere about what color they are going to be?

Yay for pictures!

Your floral ideas are beautiful! I love all the colors and ideas!

And I love your bridesmaids dresses..especially the 2nd and 3rd one. You're so nice to let them pick what they want. I basically said "here's the one I really like guys, is it ok?" Luckily they all liked them. Did I miss somewhere about what color they are going to be?

Thanks lady!! =] =] :hug: :hug:

The 2nd is by far my fav.. even though I love the first one. I pretty much picked out 3.. let them pick a few individually. Had them all try each one on.. and in the end it's my decision. So, they have their say to a a point! haha.
As of right now they're going to be in papaya.. which is an orangey-peach from what I've seen with the swatches. I'm working on ordering a bigger swatch so I can get a better idea of it!! But we'll see. If not, it's going to be in a turquoise color! =]

Love all of the flower ideas! I'm glad that you have found a couple of good florists that you could work with. Even though it might made the decision a bit harder, it is certainly better than not having any good options! It was also sweet of her to do a mock up centerpiece for you, so that is a good sign that she is probably dedicated and will work hard on what you want!

I love all of the dress choices but am torn between 2 and 3! I think 2 is probably my favorite, but 3 is gorgeous as well! All the choices are lovely, I can see why it's such a hard decision!

Love all of the flower ideas! I'm glad that you have found a couple of good florists that you could work with. Even though it might made the decision a bit harder, it is certainly better than not having any good options! It was also sweet of her to do a mock up centerpiece for you, so that is a good sign that she is probably dedicated and will work hard on what you want!

I love all of the dress choices but am torn between 2 and 3! I think 2 is probably my favorite, but 3 is gorgeous as well! All the choices are lovely, I can see why it's such a hard decision!

Thanks love! It's definitely hard. So I'm waiting to call back the one florist on Monday and set up a consult to see if we can get prices down. It was super sweet of her to do that for me, but I feel like her work is a little more 'generic' than I'd like? But we'll see! In the end it's allll about pricing!

Definitely! #3 is actually kind of my least favorite? haha. I'm not a fan of that flower thing on it? But they had mentioned that they can see if the designer will leave it unattached? So that we can put it on later wherever we had wanted. So we'll see!

So, I'm just finally getting the chance to get on here to update my PJ. I've been trying to get on here since SATURDAY!

Anywho.. we've booked our florist!! I'm in love with her, I think it's the best decision I've made yet and it's totally not who I was expecting to book.
As I had mentioned earlier I was in love with 2. One a local florist who totally got my vision and was totally unique and artsy. But her price was a bit high. The second was crazy professional, gorgeous events company with an amazing showroom and has worked with THE David Tutera. So I was totally torn. But if I could get the local florist down I'd probably end up booking with her. Long story short, I set up a second consult, possibly booking, meeting with the local florist. I spoke with her regarding a few of my concerns and then told her that I didn't want to go over $3500 and the lower the better. Let me just say, from that point on I wanted to get up and leave. She made such a stink face at me and said it wasn't possible. I told her where I could cut and whatever but she almost didn't want to hear it. She then tells me all of her rentals are from 15-35 A RENTAL. RIDICULOUS! Then continues on to tell me to start shopping at Marshall's for our centerpiece vases and votive holders AND to purchase the white pumpkins ourselves. Psh. I can't even post what I was thinking after I left there. I was so confused and torn I had a pit in my stomach. Ultimately, I was no longer comfortable with her and I booked with the uber professional and extremely talented, FLOWERFUL EVENTS. Kristina is amazing and does amazing work. Check it out here.

So yay!

On the other hand, I'm dealing with some issues with my one bridesmaid (the one who had kicked me out of her wedding). We went out and tried on dresses and she had chosen 2 that she liked the best. Which worked because EVERYONE is pretty much agreeing. She KNEW the prices prior to trying them on and told her if she didn't want to pay it she didn't have to try it on and we'd find something else. BUT she did try them on and LOVED them. I told her I can't get the price much lower than $300, which is $100 OFF the retail price. I'm still working the stores so let's hope and pray I can get it down further. But 3 of 5 bridesmaids have no issue with paying it and I'll be talking to my future sister in law tomorrow regarding the matter. I wouldn't ever ask them to pay that kind of money but.. they're not paying for their hair to be done or their makeup. So. That right there is a savings of OVER $100. Plus I'm purchasing their jewelry as well. All they have to get is shoes and dress. I think that isn't so bad to ask? And they're GORGEOUS and can totally be cut down for future use. But all she's doing is turning her nose up on me.
PLUS, I was talking to her about the day before the wedding and how after rehearsal I kinda wanna have a little sleepover with all of my bm's since it's my last single night AND 3 of them live out of town and are an hour away or more from the hair salon so I'd save them time. But she gave me a dirty look because she doesn't want to spend a night away from her fiance/husband. It's like ummm I've been saying this since day 1! Ugh. I'm just really irked by it all... :scared1: :scared1:

Anywho.. I hope all of you have a gorgeous Thanksgiving!!!!! Enjoy your holidays and get some gooood shopping done! ;D xoxo

First off...boo for the local florist! How snobby! And wrong. So glad you didn't go with her. The florist you did with sounds amazing though!

As for your BM problems. I'm sorry! She sounds like a pain! I say you kick her out and I'll come fill in her spot :rolleyes1

First off...boo for the local florist! How snobby! And wrong. So glad you didn't go with her. The florist you did with sounds amazing though!

As for your BM problems. I'm sorry! She sounds like a pain! I say you kick her out and I'll come fill in her spot :rolleyes1

Yeah I know. You should definitely check out her work on Facebook. It's amazing!

I'm so game for that! Start looking for your flights!!! :hug: :yay:

Hello Love!! :)

Glad to see you found a florist willing to work with you on your vision and your budget!! I am glad you found out about the local florist and her attitude before you booked her!! Some of these vendors need to realize you need to actually be nice to your potential clients?

I LOVE your flowers!! I can't wait to see your vision come to life!! It sounds beautiful!!

I think I am sold on the 3rd Bridesmaids dress!! It is so pretty!! Number 2 is a close second though!

Sorry about your bridesmaids drama! :hug: Maybe she is just jealous or misses being the bride? I think it sounds like an awesome idea to get all your girls together in one place for the night! I am sure her husband wouldn't mind not seeing her for one night?

Nice to see all the wedding plans coming along! We need to catch up for sure!! Can you believe you are less than one year out now!? :woohoo:

Hello Love!! :)

Glad to see you found a florist willing to work with you on your vision and your budget!! I am glad you found out about the local florist and her attitude before you booked her!! Some of these vendors need to realize you need to actually be nice to your potential clients?

I LOVE your flowers!! I can't wait to see your vision come to life!! It sounds beautiful!!

I think I am sold on the 3rd Bridesmaids dress!! It is so pretty!! Number 2 is a close second though!

Sorry about your bridesmaids drama! :hug: Maybe she is just jealous or misses being the bride? I think it sounds like an awesome idea to get all your girls together in one place for the night! I am sure her husband wouldn't mind not seeing her for one night?

Nice to see all the wedding plans coming along! We need to catch up for sure!! Can you believe you are less than one year out now!? :woohoo:

Thanks lady! When you come to the wedding you'll get to see it up close and personal! haha. I'm going to have a special table for all my DIS girls (as long as they can make it). So don't you worry. I cannot wait to go to my sample meeting with my florist!

The bridesmaid drama is just so overrated. I don't want to throw her out because I don't want to make it awkward for any of us, I have to live with this girl for the rest of our lives. It's Dave's best friend's wife to be! Idk. I'm going to try and talk to her and just be like listen if you're too stressed for money/time/etc now with your wedding being 3 weeks prior to mine, I'm fine if you don't think you have the time to dedicate to my wedding. But we'll see. I just don't want to cause a war, yet she seems like she wants to? It sucks. You need to fly up here and save me!

I can't believe it's past the year mark! After the holidays wedding craze is going to kick in hardcore!!! :scared1: :scared1: :yay: :yay:

I'm going to have a special table for all my DIS girls (as long as they can make it). So don't you worry.

:thumbsup2

Sooo frustrating about the BM drama! It might make things awkward if you kicked her out... but didn't she already kick you out of her wedding party? Seems only fair for you to do the same :lmao: Seriously though, I hope she doesn't cause too much drama for you as things go on.

By the way, which dress is it that everyone is liking the most? I'm curious to know which one you're (probably) going with!

:thumbsup2

Sooo frustrating about the BM drama! It might make things awkward if you kicked her out... but didn't she already kick you out of her wedding party? Seems only fair for you to do the same :lmao: Seriously though, I hope she doesn't cause too much drama for you as things go on.

By the way, which dress is it that everyone is liking the most? I'm curious to know which one you're (probably) going with!

It's honestly ridiculous. I didn't want to be one to go tit for tat. Especially because I'm just thinking about the big picture and she obviously wasn't. This is someone I know is going to be involved in our lives forever. It's Dave's best friend since elementary school's future wife. So I feel really strange kicking her out.

A little bit more drama went down this past weekend so now the 4 of us need to have a sit down.. yes this is number 3 for us since she got engaged in September. One a month seems like the going rate and it's always around my monthly. lol. Girl really knows how to time it! Aoy. It's ridiculous. I don't want to kick her out.. but I'm going to bring up the fact that now that she's planning hers if it's 'too much' for her to handle being in mine as well I totally understand and I don't want her to feel pressured or obligated to stay in my wedding because there will be no harsh feelings. (I mean after all she did kick me out of her wedding for the stupidest reasons ever and I'm still tolerating her haha). It's crazy.

She just thinks about herself and nobody else involved. She is the drama-nator. No wonder she has ONE friend.

Honestly... since day 1 I've been leaning towards the second dress. :love: The one strap one. It's just gorgeous. And totally something that they could cut down and reuse.

I am so there!

I'm not kidding. :rolleyes1 Regardless book some flights and get your pretty booty up to Jersey!

So glad to hear you booked a florist!! :woohoo: I love all your inspiration pictures-- so gorgeous!

I love the one shoulder bridesmaid dress but they're all so pretty!

Sorry to hear about the bridesmaid drama.. :( sometimes I don't think a bridal party is even worth it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your floral pictures! Your flowers are going to be amazing! :goodvibes

I'm sorry that your BM is giving you a hard time. That really irritates ME so I can just imagine how much it hurts YOU! :sad1:

So glad to hear you booked a florist!! :woohoo: I love all your inspiration pictures-- so gorgeous!

I love the one shoulder bridesmaid dress but they're all so pretty!

Sorry to hear about the bridesmaid drama.. :( sometimes I don't think a bridal party is even worth it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your floral pictures! Your flowers are going to be amazing! :goodvibes

I'm sorry that your BM is giving you a hard time. That really irritates ME so I can just imagine how much it hurts YOU! :sad1:

Thanks ladies! The drama definitely does stink. But we'll see. I'm hoping it all works out in the end. I'm really hurt, irritated, and just annoyed. At this point I could care less about the girl.

Thanks! I cannot wait to see how my florals turn out! I'm so excited! I love love love my florist!

Read what I posted on facebook. The drama stinks but you listen to me and take a step back! Don't make me come to Jersey!! haha
Oh how I've missed these boards

Read what I posted on facebook. The drama stinks but you listen to me and take a step back! Don't make me come to Jersey!! haha
Oh how I've missed these boards

Haha, I already did. But however... if I don't calm down dooes that mean that you will come to Jersey? Cause I can totally make the miserableness escalate. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hey hey ladies! So I'm here to check back in. I've had nothing but drama.. wedding and non-wedding related. It really, really bites.

As I had mentioned earlier, regarding my bridesmaid drama. It's so so sad that all the drama is rooting from this girl being miserable and planning her own wedding. I don't want to get too into it because I'm just sick of the situation. But I'm over her and over trying to make amends. I'm doing what I think is right and the respectful thing for David and Jason's relationship. She can talk to me until she is blue in her face because it's all the same.. it's always my fault, it's always me doing this or me doing that, and it's always me that's the bad guy. Even though stander-byers and people not involved (not just David) see that I'm not the bad guy and in reality she's just misconstruing and over-exaggerating and looking way too into things that aren't there.

The worst part? It's making me so fed up with the bridesmaid dress situation that I'm about to say *beep* it and just pick out some cheap-o generic looking bridesmaid dress and not caring what the heck they look like. As long as they look somewhat presentable for pictures.. it is what it is. ha.

I thought I had the situation figured out for the dresses.. giving them 2 options.. one being the one we're all set on (but the 1 is claiming all of a sudden she doesn't want to pay for it when I told her not to try it on if she didn't want to pay it) and another being from the same designer/fabric/color. But David said he doesn't like the 2 different dress idea? So now I'm at a loss. Should I even consider what he says?

Oh how I just wish I can start everything over! Blah.

I'm having issues again with my wedding gown.. it's a gorgeous dress but I'm just not sure that it's mine?? I keep having second guesses about it and horror dreams regarding when it comes in.. so I don't know what to do. I want to be 100% about it yanno? Not 90-95%. I came up with an idea of something I can do to the dress.. but I have to find a seamstress that can do such a thing to my gown.. which I'm scared I won't be able to.
There's been another dress I've been oogling online.. it's another Maggie. I found out that Kleinfeld's actually has it in the shop to try on.. so my week off during the holidays I may be dragging my MOH to the city. I'd honestly love to take the bottom of this dress and plop it on my dress. haha. Which is actually what I kinda want to do? Then I'd totally love my gown. ha.

So aside from that .. I've come to the conclusion I hate my job.

And I've been working on Christmas shopping. Men are so so so hard to shop for! :scared1:

Hey hey ladies! So I'm here to check back in. I've had nothing but drama.. wedding and non-wedding related. It really, really bites.

As I had mentioned earlier, regarding my bridesmaid drama. It's so so sad that all the drama is rooting from this girl being miserable and planning her own wedding. I don't want to get too into it because I'm just sick of the situation. But I'm over her and over trying to make amends. I'm doing what I think is right and the respectful thing for David and Jason's relationship. She can talk to me until she is blue in her face because it's all the same.. it's always my fault, it's always me doing this or me doing that, and it's always me that's the bad guy. Even though stander-byers and people not involved (not just David) see that I'm not the bad guy and in reality she's just misconstruing and over-exaggerating and looking way too into things that aren't there.

The worst part? It's making me so fed up with the bridesmaid dress situation that I'm about to say *beep* it and just pick out some cheap-o generic looking bridesmaid dress and not caring what the heck they look like. As long as they look somewhat presentable for pictures.. it is what it is. ha.

I thought I had the situation figured out for the dresses.. giving them 2 options.. one being the one we're all set on (but the 1 is claiming all of a sudden she doesn't want to pay for it when I told her not to try it on if she didn't want to pay it) and another being from the same designer/fabric/color. But David said he doesn't like the 2 different dress idea? So now I'm at a loss. Should I even consider what he says?

Oh how I just wish I can start everything over! Blah.

I'm having issues again with my wedding gown.. it's a gorgeous dress but I'm just not sure that it's mine?? I keep having second guesses about it and horror dreams regarding when it comes in.. so I don't know what to do. I want to be 100% about it yanno? Not 90-95%. I came up with an idea of something I can do to the dress.. but I have to find a seamstress that can do such a thing to my gown.. which I'm scared I won't be able to.
There's been another dress I've been oogling online.. it's another Maggie. I found out that Kleinfeld's actually has it in the shop to try on.. so my week off during the holidays I may be dragging my MOH to the city. I'd honestly love to take the bottom of this dress and plop it on my dress. haha. Which is actually what I kinda want to do? Then I'd totally love my gown. ha.

So aside from that .. I've come to the conclusion I hate my job.

And I've been working on Christmas shopping. Men are so so so hard to shop for! :scared1:

Sorry about the drama!! :hug: Wish I could offer some more advice but I am horrible at confrontation especially with girls... :headache:

Awww why is your job bad??? :sad2:

Hang in there girl!!! At least Christmas is coming up soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter