Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone had kindly consolidated all of the great tips found on this thread, but I don't know how to search/find it. Any tips?
THANKS!

Well there are many tutorials that say if you place sharpie'd items in a cold oven and let it rise to temperature 350 and leave in for 30 minutes that the sharpie will become permanent. Just type 'baking sharpie on ceramic' into Google. Some people say it works perfectly and other say it doesn't.

Haven't tried this myself yet, but I've read on Lifehacker that this technique works best if you use oil-based Sharpies and an acrylic spray to seal the design.

How are the items given to be signed returned? I didn't know you could give items to be signed until just now. I thought it would be fun to get something signed for a Christmas gift but one of the people I would give it to is going with me in the same room. I'm guessing that they just drop them off in the room at some point near the end of the cruise.

I would waylay your stateroom host and remind him/her repeatedly that you want the item to be given to you personally, or wrapped up, or something to that effect.

I love this list and would love to send it to my family for our upcoming cruise.
But the amount of pages/tips I fear would be overwhelming for them and they wouldn't read it.
Has someone compiled a more bullet list that gets rids of the duplicates?
Thanks!:banana:

Yes but with magnets only. No adhesives. If you have a concierge room on a newer ship the magnets will not work as they are covered with a wood veneer.

Did they update the doors on the "new" Magic CL rooms?
:worried:
I just started compling a bunch of magnets to decorate our door...

My Eyes are burning but I have read every Post. Thanks for all the great information. I am a first time sailor so this is all valuable information.

My eyes are burning too but I can't stop reading!! :confused3
Love all the good ideas. Can't wait to sail the WBTA 2014 in Sept., will be our 3rd cruise :)

Finally made it through 5 years and 5 months worth of posts!! Thanks for all the amazing tips and the compilation with the Google doc!!!

My tip (which I saw elsewhere and plan to use on our first cruise....so excited) is to use a zip tie to secure your FE to the fish as there have been some thefts.

MY GOSH. I can't believe the nerve of some people. That's just WRONG.
The zip tie idea is great. I think I will do that with mine.

I love this list and would love to send it to my family for our upcoming cruise.
But the amount of pages/tips I fear would be overwhelming for them and they wouldn't read it.
Has someone compiled a more bullet list that gets rids of the duplicates?
Thanks!:banana:

There is a link in one of the posts on this page

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter