Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my! I don't think I've ever been a part of a thread that has been going on this long!

We are "this close" to booking a cruise next April. Perhaps 15 months is just enough time to read everything that has been suggested here? :-)

Anyone know more about the scavenger hunts on the cruises? Do those still happen?

The Dream and Fantasy have the detective game with special pictures frames all over the ship. And the Edge did one like it they had to take picture of anything Donald Duck I think and the team with them most won .

I had read on another post that the front desk won't accept items to sign (pillowcases etc) because of excessive demand. Has anyone been on a cruise lately to know if that's true?

I wish I remembered. I can try to look for it again. I was surfing and found it. It was dated the summer of 2013 sometime.

Can't find it. My error or someone else's? Anyway, has anyone been recently and given the desk items to sign?

We were on the Fantasy in October. We dropped off two pillow cases the first day. They were returned signed on the second day so we dropped off one more. You are only allowed two per room, but we got the third one back on the last night.

What kind of fabric markers did people use for their pillowcases to be signed. I really hope they are still doing this. We sail at the end of the month on the Dream.

What kind of fabric markers did people use for their pillowcases to be signed. I really hope they are still doing this. We sail at the end of the month on the Dream.

Crayola makes some that get great reviews. We are using them this month for our pillowcases.

I am a teacher and I have tried many different fabric type markers throughout the years on art projects, and I have always found that Sharpies work best and hold their color upon washing. That is what we used on our pillow cases and it did not bleed through. Our cases were good thick quality though. They would probably bleed through thinner cases. I have found markers labeled as "fabric markers" are generally very light and more difficult to see.

I am a teacher and I have tried many different fabric type markers throughout the years on art projects, and I have always found that Sharpies work best and hold their color upon washing. That is what we used on our pillow cases and it did not bleed through. Our cases were good thick quality though. They would probably bleed through thinner cases. I have found markers labeled as "fabric markers" are generally very light and more difficult to see.

You just used regular sharpies? I was afraid they would bleed and I thought I read they faded with wash.

A person on my cruise next week called and asked. You are allowed to do 1 item per person in your stateroom.

That's what they say....but we took two pillow cases for our two boys and had no problems. We had a friend with an embroidery machine stitch the boys' names in Waltograph font with the cruise dates and ship. They are asleep on them right now. So glad we did it.

One more thing I didn't see posted... If someone offers you a drink, it's free! I didn't know that one until after the Sail Away party. The drinks are complementary at the Sail Away party and at the Captain's reception.

We are going on the Dream for a 3 night cruise.. Can you get the pillowcase signed on the shorter cruises as well?

[QUOTE=" One more thing I didn't see posted... If someone offers you a drink, it's free! I didn't know that one until after the Sail Away party. The drinks are complementary at the Sail Away party and at the Captain's reception.[/QUOTE]
Wait!
Free drinks at the Sail Away party? Are you sure? How could I miss that?

They certainly were not free at our sail away party on the dream in November maybe it's a new thing?

Wow! That was my first time using the boards and what great responses! I'll ask another question to which I can't easily find an answer. If I join a fish extender (FE) group, what type of gifts would people suggest giving? What have you given and received?

These are all great tips and ideas for 1st timers. I have got a lot to do for our cruise this Feb. I can't wait! Thanks everyone! Love the pillowcases and matte ideas!

You just used regular sharpies? I was afraid they would bleed and I thought I read they faded with wash.

We have not had any problems with fading so far, but I have had issues with other fabric markers fading to the point of not being able to see what was on it. I suppose anything would begin to fade after enough washing. They will bleed through if your pillow case is thin. We had a fairly thick one that we used and it did not bleed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter