Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misseulalie, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ShellB8585

ShellB8585 Mouseketeer

I assumed it was to do with where they are. We were on the Magic in the Caribbean January 2012 and they had Banana, mango and Blueberry soft serve options on different days.

On the same ship in the med this year the options were Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. I was gutted as the Banana was amazing and I had been looking forward to it for weeks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimmiebr80

Kimmiebr80 Mouseketeer

On the Magic last year we had chocolate, vanilla as blueberry. I would've loved a banana/chocolate swirl!!

4. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

News to me...but I could've missed them as only DH was braving the soft serve on our last several cruises. I will say its a new development though as in 2010 I know there was only chocolate and vanilla on deck ever.

5. DannyDisneyFreak

DannyDisneyFreak Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I have to go back and read through all this pages! Most people probably know this but I didn't know you could order breakfast items from room service because it wasn't on the menu (unless I missed it). Every morning I took the kids down for breakfast while my fiancé got ready, she is not and early morning person, and then brought her back breakfast. We did order a coffee carafe the night before which was a good idea I learned here on the boards.

Any ideas specific to the Magic? I've only been on the Dream so didn't know if there were any small differences to know.

6. cruisecrasher

The cards to order breakfast are in the desk drawer

7. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

No, on the Magic's EBTA from Galveston to Barcelona in May we had a variety of flavors. Banana, Blueberry, Strawberry, Mango as well as the usual Chocolate and Vanilla.

8. cruisecrasher

As I said. News to me. In 2010, they didn't.

9. TheTexasGal

TheTexasGal Mouseketeer

On our Oct 2012 Magic cruise there were lots of choices of soft serve and they changed daily. They had little labels they would put out to tell you what type they had for that day. :-). We didn't eat it every day but we often walked by to see what they were offering - intending to go back later and would get wrapped up in something else... Lol. :-)

10. jaskie

jaskie Earning My Ears

We just booked our first Disney Cruise on the Magic for Christmas 2013, Get on the ship after the refurb.
    I've done multiple cruises on RCL and Carnival, but are "upgrading" for this one (it's my daughter's 18 bday and my son's 21 bday present).
    For anyone who has cruised on these other lines can you tell me some of the things that are different (besides obvious).
    I have read about the fish extenders, doors, etc. Does Disney have a limit on how many bottles of liquor can be brought by each person? Also are you allowed to bring in your own soda (I don't like Coke products).

Any help would be appreciated. My daughter is a huge fanatic so want to make this a magical birthday present.

Penny

11. GoofyLovingFamily

GoofyLovingFamily Mouseketeer

You can bring your own soda. I am not aware of a limit but all alcohol and soda need to be in your carryon bags. I would imagine the amount you can carry yourself onboard.

12. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

You can bring as much of your favorite soda and alcohol that you can comfortably carry on. You have to bring it in your carry on though it cannot be in your checked bags.

13. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

No biggie, I was referring to the following post by you which didn't say anything about 2010:

14. cruiselover914

cruiselover914 Mouseketeer

Are there any other secrets that are popular?

15. Mom on the run yyc

Mom on the run yyc Earning My Ears

I'm making a list of all the great ideas - thanks for sharing!

16. CdnDisLover

CdnDisLover Earning My Ears

Just got off the Magic and we had chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana soft serve

17. ShellB8585

ShellB8585 Mouseketeer

makes me a little sad :sad1: I LOVE the banana

18. WNK2013

WNK2013 Earning My Ears

When we were on the dream last june they had all the flavors. Some interchanged daily. Does anyone know about the fantasy? My dad will be heartbroken without banana!

19. js

js This is my Tag!

Hi. Do you know why DCL is asking not to use the over the door shoe holders any longer? I use them on every cruise including the Breakaway where we just got off the ship on Sunday. Its my cruising staple. Thanks.

20. ksloane

ksloane DIS Veteran

Damages the doors/frames.

21. Dawg91

Dawg91 Mouseketeer

I have read here that people have rigged them to hang on a hanger on the hook on the door as opposed to attaching them to the top of the door.