Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Thanks to Swirlygirly for the Shula's update!!! I'm glad to hear about the 8oz filet. We'll be there next month so this was a great surprise to see.

Definitely Earl of Sandwich will be a place that Em and I will be picking up sandwiches this week.

Barb: Not sure you know but we'll be at Disney's Grand Californian for 5 nites/6 days this coming week! :banana: I have a work conference there but we'll be staying over and enjoying the special 58th DL birthday celebration. :)

I'd love to know how much the Mai tai was at the barefoot bar that swirlygirly had?!

Also was it sweet or sour, had them both ways prefer sweet myself!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate are...

:cheer2: nicole0992 :cheer2:

- and -

:cheer2: frankieeeyre :cheer2:

nicole0992 and her DD will be at Disney World from 7/16 - 7/23 and has volunteered to again do live updates for us!

frankieeyre will be at Disney World from 7/16 - 8/1 and has also volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, nicole0992 & frankieeyre!!! :cool1:

Barb: Not sure you know but we'll be at Disney's Grand Californian for 5 nites/6 days this coming week! :banana: I have a work conference there but we'll be staying over and enjoying the special 58th DL birthday celebration. :)

No, I didn't know that. Any DL updates that you and Em would like to send our way would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup2

We received another update yesterday from ldnoggle, this one from her lunch at the Beach Club's...

Beaches and Cream

She said, "We split the Bacon Burger for lunch and as you can see, our server
was nice enough to cut it in half and serve it with fries on separate
plates. We were grateful, especially since this was messy! The burger
is topped with barbecue sauce, blue cheese, an onion ring, and lettuce
and tomato. The bun was nicely toasted too! As a side note - this is
the first time we're doing Disney without the deluxe dining plan, and
while we loved that, it has been nice to not be tied to nightly ADRs
and to have the ability to share, etc..."

"My conference starts tomorrow :( and our only other ADR is Yachtsman
on Tuesday, so posts may be a little sporadic over the next couple of
days."

3 July Game Points Earned

This thread just keeps getting better and better. Love all the reports that are coming in lately!

Thanks everyone, and especially Barb, for the very enjoyable thread! :goodvibes

Next in yesterday were some updates from a new reporter who arrived at the Beach Club on Saturday, catho72.

Then Cathy's first food update was of the Breakfast Offerings yesterday morning at the...

Beach Club CL Lounge

She said, "I am such a horrible live reporter. I keep forgetting to take pictures of our food before we begin eating! This first picture was my breakfast this morning from the BC - CL Lounge. Oatmeal, hard boiled egg, Danish, fruit and muffins. It was a perfect start to our day!"

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for misc. BC pics

Then Cathy (catho72) spent some time at the Yacht & Beach Club pool and sent us these updates...

Cathy said, "We spent the morning at Stormalong Bay. Here was the view from my seat..."

And a couple more pool area pics...

"After going down the slide and soaking in the hot tub, I decided a Sunken Treasure was needed. It was absolutely delicious! :thumbsup2 The items pictured below are what's needed for a day at SAB....a refillable mug, sunscreen and a Sunken Treasure!"

Sunken Treasure - Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao

Then they had lunch poolside at...

Cathy said, "I had the Shrimp and Lobster Roll...

"It was delicious! The Parker House Roll bun was light and fluffy...the perfect complement to the tangy seafood salad."

"My husband had the salad..."

Chopped Field Greens Salad with chicken, blue cheese, craisins, and orange vinaigrette

"It was gone in about 3 minutes so it must've been good." ;)

"The girls shared a cheeseburger...

"They had the same burger yesterday so it must be good. The fries were hot and fresh."

"For dessert, we had the strawberry daiquiri and piña colada (both sans booze)..."

"The frozen drinks counted as a dessert on the dining plan. They hit the spot."

"Joel tried my Sunken Treasure and loved it so he ordered one for himself..."

"Here he is enjoying it.....notice there's not much left. This was his third swig if it." ;)

6 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for pic of DH, sign and menu, and misc. pool area pics

DisneyFam09 was at Epcot and sent us these updates.

First a snack update from...

Karamell Kuche

Dark Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Stick

Caramel-filled Chocolate cookie topped with caramel drizzle

Then later she sent this update from their dinner at...

Rose & Crown

Here's what they had...

Kids Fish & Chips

Adult Fish & Chips

Roasted Rack Pork with Colcannon Potatoes, Roasted Apples,
and Whole-Grain Mustard Jus

Bass Ale

DH with Bass Ale

And then the best part of her update...

"My mom's birthday cake, chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, buttercream under fondant. Gorgeous!!"

The Birthday Girl and her granddaughter! :bday:

6 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pic of DH, DMom & DD, and birthday cake

I just wanted to say how much I love this thread I check it like twice a day lol and have signed up to report in september. I have always wanted to do a dining review but don't this is the best of both worlds we have the fun and you do the work i am glad this is something you enjoy to do and just wanted to say thanks!

And here's another update from Cathy (catho72), this one of the Afternoon Offerings at the...

Beach Club CL Lounge

5 July Game Points Earned

Then last night we received the final updates from keypooh90, who's trip ended last Friday.

Her first one was from their lunch on Thursday at AoA's...

Landscape of Flavors

She said, "I had the chicken burger with fries...

"I loved the chicken burger. It was spicy, fresh and had a nice texture. I love the honey almond gelato!"

"My mom had the surf and surf with fries...

"My mom had her second surf and surf burger of the trip. She said this is one of her favorite meals on property and she loves the creaminess of the gelato."

"My sister had the create your own salad with Caesar dressing, romaine, chicken, bacon bits, cucumber, tomato, mushrooms and olives...

"My sister said the salad was fresh and delicious and a huge portion. She really enjoyed the Nutella gelato."

"Desserts were two torrone gelatos and one Nutella."

2 July Game Points Earned

Next was keypoo90's update from their dinner Thursday night at...

Riverside Mill

She said, "I had the muffalta with pasta salad and red velvet cake...

"I loved the muffalta. The red velvet cake was a little dry and too sweet."

"My mom had create your own pasta with angel hair, marinara, mushrooms and onions and the cherry cobbler..."

"My mom says "This was disgusting. It was inedible. Five pounds of pasta, and two tablespoons of marinara. It was tasteless. The cobbler was okay."

"My sister had penne, marinara sauce, shrimp and mushrooms. Her dessert was an apple blossom with ice cream..."

"My sister said her pasta was disgusting. She barely ate any of it but said the apple blossom was okay."

Then keypooh90's final update of her trip was from their breakfast Friday morning at the Polynesian's...

She said, "My mom had the tonga toast with sausage, I had tonga toast and my sister had a Mickey waffle with bacon. Tonga toast is delicious, the only problem is no strawberry sauce when you order it at Captain Cook's. Mickey waffles just taste better than regular ones!" :thumbsup2

I want to eat here and order every single thing you guys did! Yum. We intend to move to Arizona next year...hopefully we will be making frequent DL pilgrimages!

We were all waddling after eating here, we just couldn't stop ourselves for over indulging. That was only my second time eating there but now it's a must stop, i'm not quite sure what i'll do though if I don't have people to share with as I can't possibly eat it all by myself.

And since that was keypooh90's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Excellent Job!!! :thanks:

keypooh90's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 123

And since that was Melissa's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

sock2you's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 61

Did the BBQ and character breakfast not send? I was having trouble getting posts out towards the end.

I'd love to know how much the Mai tai was at the barefoot bar that swirlygirly had?!

Also was it sweet or sour, had them both ways prefer sweet myself!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Oh, and more sweet than sour, but not too sweet so that the alcohol is masked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter