Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Thanks to Swirlygirly for the Shula's update!!! I'm glad to hear about the 8oz filet. We'll be there next month so this was a great surprise to see.

Definitely Earl of Sandwich will be a place that Em and I will be picking up sandwiches this week.

Barb: Not sure you know but we'll be at Disney's Grand Californian for 5 nites/6 days this coming week! :banana: I have a work conference there but we'll be staying over and enjoying the special 58th DL birthday celebration. :)

Just ask for the 8oz. It was the perfect size for me,

Hi everyone!!!

I'll be reporting from 16th July (TOMORROW!!!) to Aug 1st!!!

I'm staying at the Poly for the first time so i'm super excited!!

I'm on the dining plan so i've got 15 ADRs planned:

Kona (Dinner)
Be Our Guest (Dinner)
Sci-Fi (Lunch)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Raglan Road (Dinner)
'Ohana (Breakfast and Dinner)
Le Cellier (Dinner)
Chef Mickey (Breakfast)
Yak and Yeti (Dinner)
San Angel Inn (Lunch)
Tony's (Dinner)
50's Prime Time (Lunch)
Teppan Edo (Lunch)

Can't wait to also try the carrot cake cookie, create your own snack from Goofy's and cinnamon roll!!

Hope you all enjoy!! :)

Our First Update of the Day yesterday was sent to us by Kimmy2Disney.

On Sunday, four of her group had lunch at Animal Kingdom's...

Here is what they had...

"DH's Smoked Chicken Salad - he said it was very good and the chicken was sliced nice and thin. He would order it again!"

"One cousin (13) and myself got chicken and rib combos, one with baked beans and coleslaw one with double beans. I feel like I got a triple portion of ribs, but it was so good! Something to note - you cannot substitute fries here for the beans and coleslaw, which the cousins weren't too thrilled about!"

"Other cousin (16) got the half chicken with double beans."

"The meats were really tasty! I love the rub here! My DH and I enjoyed the beans and coleslaw too, while the boys did not, but they really didn't know why!?!"

"Our desserts - two key lime mousses and two chocolate mousses. Both very good!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu and First Update of the Day

That Tink birthday cake was lovely! What a great job they did!

And I can now say that I have seen a "Sunken Treasure" cocktail.... heard about them but never seen one. :)

Thanks for offering to post any updates from DLR. I don't think I'll have that many since I will be at the conference for 2 1/2 days but we'll see. ;)

Next we have Part II of Kimmy2Disney's lunch update from Animal Kingdom on Sunday.

She said, "This is what the rest of our group chose for lunch yesterday (7/14). Mom and aunt had Yak and yeti quick service...

"They both had the sweet and sour chicken over white rice and chocolate mousse.
They both liked it very much, but wish they served on plates because you have to dig to get to your rice in the Chinese take out containers." :laughing:

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Our next update in yesterday was from SwirlyGirly.

She said, "After ice cream, the girls decided to just snack for lunch. We brought some gluten free and dairy free snacks with us. I ran to Captain Cook's and got the chicken skewer..."

"It was edible, but so chaotic in there and it took over 15 min. for my order to come up since it was swamped!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

Next received yesterday was Kimmy2Disney's update from their dinner on Sunday at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

She said, "Boma was fantastic! We have eaten breakfast here before, but this was out first dinner here--- we will definitely be back!"

"Here are pics of my plates- I samples a bit of almost everything and saved extra room for dessert!!"

"White bean Hummus, olive hummus and pita with a little green salad- the apple dressing was awesome!"

"Soup- tonight they had butternut squash, a seafood stew, chicken corn chowder, and something tomato. All were tried by someone in my group and all got rave reviews! Here is the chowder..."

"Some of the salads - I really thought I'd love the watermelon rind salad, but I really did not! Don't know what I was expecting but this was not it!"

"Some Of the hot offerings, it was all very good!"

"My dessert sampler- yum yum yum yum!!"

"Then our waiter surprised us with two special desserts, since my birthday is next week and DD's is Friday..."

Chocolate raspberry tart

And some truffles

"DD enjoying a sugar cookie!"

"We will definitely be back here for dinner!!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menus, misc. pic and pic of DD

Next we received several more updates from SwirlyGirly yesterday.

First one was from their dinner on Sunday at the Polynesian's...

"Ellie had yet another cheeseburger!...

"I think that makes more than she's had all year in a single week."

"Anna chose the duck..."

Pan Seared Duck Breast served with Mung, Adzuki and Cranberry Beans with Chorizo Sausage and Spinach in a Tamarind Gastrique

"She said the duck was moist and tasty, but the lentils were dry. Because of her condition, she shouldn't eat beans and legumes anyway, so she didn't mind."

"I had the scallops..."

"They looked overcooked, but were actually really nice!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and pic of DD

Then next was SwirlyGirly's breakfast update from yesterday.

She said, This was supposed to be a report from the Poly club lounge, but it didn't turn out that way. Before arriving, I arranged for soy milk and gluten free muffins to be available every morning for our stay. Last night, we confirmed it and the nice girl working the evening shift checked and assured us they were both in the cooler with our name on them."

"This morning, we asked for them and were told that our muffins were given to another guest since she had a child who needed it. Instead, they gave us a frozen gluten free bagel, still frozen. I explained that we couldn't put the GF bagel in the regular toaster. The man said, "Well, I explained to you the situation. What do you expect me to do?" I told him to just get my daughter something she can eat. He said, "It's not my problem, ma'am."
I
"I went down to the concierge desk, they advised me to eat at Captain Cook's. So, let me tell you how thrilled I was to pay for club level and have breakfast at the quick service. They offered to comp the cost of breakfast, but I declined. It wasn't the cost I was upset about. It was the attitude of the cast member. We've stayed club level in 5 Disney hotels, some repeatedly, and we've never had anything but wonderful service until today."

Here is what they had from Captain Cook's...

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of DD

Then some snack updates were received from SwirlyGirly, the first from Magic Kingdom's...

Here is what they had...

Citrus Swirl

Pina Colada Slush

"And for Ellie I ordered a vanilla soy milk, a cup of ice and an espresso and made her a soy iced coffee."

Another stop was made at...

Where they chose...

"My poor allergy kids were eyeing all the other goodies, but had to leave with just these." :worried:

"Then we returned to our room in the Poly to find..."

"They were probably there when we checked in yesterday, but we are clueless."

2 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, pics of DDs, and misc. pics

Also while they were at Magic Kingdom yesterday, SwirlyGirly and her DDs had lunch at the...

Plaza Restaurant

She said, "We had a wonderful meal at the Plaza today. Since it's basically a sandwich shop and we are a family with allergies, including gluten, we've always avoided eating here. Well I heard they were actually good with allergies, so we decided to give it a go. We are so glad we did!" :thumbsup2

"Ellie chose the allergy chicken strips with grapes..."

"And Anna chose a gluten free turkey sandwich with homemade chips. The sandwich was Mickey-shaped..."

"I wanted a Reuben, and thought for sure it couldn't be made gluten free, but they did it! Of course a traditional Reuben is served on rye bread, but mine was on a typical gluten free bun. But who cares, it was awesome!!"

3 July Game Points Earned

Next was SwirlyGirly's update of the Evening Offerings last night at the...

Polynesian CL Lounge

She said, "We returned back to the club lounge and spoke to the chef about what happened in the morning. He was so nice and apologetic. He was really upset to hear about it all. He went through the cooler and set aside breakfasts for us for the rest of the week. He even had a special allergy plate ready for us for evening apps. I really didn't expect anything, but the kids were thrilled!" :thumbsup2

5 July Game Points Earned

Then one last update was received from SwirlyGirly yesterday.

She said, "We were too tired and too full from all the great snacking at the lounge, we decided to cancel our Ohana reservation and just relax at...

"We ordered the honey-coriander wings and the Spicy wings..."

"I usually like spicy food, but these were at my limit. My 8yo, however, loved them!"

"And of course we had drinks!"

"Ellie had a glowing Shirley Temple..."

"Anna took a glowing strawberry lemonade..."

"And I had the Lapu Lapu..."

5 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pics of DDs, sign and menu pics

Last update in yesterday was sent to us by Cathy (catho72).

She and her family had dinner Sunday night at Magic Kingdom's...

"Our dinner was fantastic. We were seated in the West Wing where the rose is. The room was dark but much more quiet than the ballroom."

Here is what they had...

"My son and husband ordered the strip steak and thoroughly enjoyed them."

"My daughter ordered the Chicken Breast Provencal and loved it. She said it tasted like chicken Parmesan."

"I ordered the seafood a la king [Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops]. It was really good! We all would definitely order everything again. Our youngest daughter shared our meals with us. She preferred the steak over the chicken and wouldn't touch my seafood. More for me!" ;)

And for their dessert...

"Our youngest daughter ordered the strawberry cupcake, other daughter ordered the cream puff and the boys each ordered the chocolate chocolate chocolate cupcake."

"Not one crumb of dessert was left on anyone's plate! My son asked for the grey stuff and our waitress was reluctant to bring it out. She did and we all tried it...it's delicious!" :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for name and menu pics and pic of DD

Now for our First Update of the Day sent to us this morning by DisneyFam09.

Sleepy Hollow

Nutella and Fruit Waffle

1 July Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Wait a minute! You can order the same wings from the Ohana dinner buffet at the Tambu lounge?! Mind. Blown. I feel so stupid for not realizing this earlier! Thanks, SwirlyGirl! (And Barb, of course!)

Wait a minute! You can order the same wings from the Ohana dinner buffet at the Tambu lounge?! Mind. Blown. I feel so stupid for not realizing this earlier! Thanks, SwirlyGirl! (And Barb, of course!)

I don't know if they are the same. I've never actually eaten at Ohana. It always seems to get cancelled.

Next we received the final updates from dreamangelx, who was at Disney World last week.

First were a couple of updates from Magic Kingdom, starting with one from...

Cosmic Ray's

This is my Vegetable Sandwich. I ordered this because I was over all the French fries and burgers. It was hard to veer away from my usual Greek salad but I wanted something sandwichy. It was really good! I would definitely order this again. It was lightly marinated and the veggies were soft but not mushy."

Then next was a beverage update from...

Main Street Bakery

"We also had iced teas from the new Main Street bakery Starbucks. It was the best iced tea I've ever had in Disney and I wish I'd discovered it before my last day!"

3 July Game Points Earned

Then dreamangelx also sent a dinner update from Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

"We got into Be our Guest and were pretty disappointed with the dinner. We thought the desserts were just awful and didn't even take pics. My husband had the meat and cheese sampler thing and enjoyed it. He shared with us and I didn't think it was that special. My son enjoyed the deli meats from it though."

"Uncle Boo ordered the all natural lemonade and unknowingly agreed to have it in the souvenir cup. He thought it was the best lemonade in Disney. I regret not tasting it."

"DD ordered the Kids macaroni and broccoli. It was a smaller portion than other places. which I appreciated only because for children I think they give ridiculous portions sometimes and I get afraid about them overeating and getting sick especially in the heat. I also liked that it came with some broccoli."

Chicken Breast Provençal - Pan-seared and simmered in a rustic blend of Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives, White Wine, and fresh Herbs with Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

"I ordered the chicken which was very salty. I love salty potatoes and fries but there was so much salt it was not edible. The rest of our party said the same thing."

Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic and herb butter and Pomme Frites

"My mother had the steak and said it was more like minute steak and was not a fan at all."

"Be our Guest, for us, was definitely more about the experience. I loved the scenery and meeting the Beast but the food unfortunately was terrible."

2 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Uncle Boo and pic of Beast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter