Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by jabead, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Good morning! :wave2: Let's get started with our First Update of the Day from yesterday, brought to you by SwirlyGirly.

This was a two-part beverage snack update from Epcot, starting with one from American pavilion's...

Fife & Drum

[​IMG]

The Doofenslurper

And then an adult beverage from France's wine & slushie kiosk...

[​IMG]

Grand Marnier Orange Slush

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point fo First Update of the Day

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And then SwirlyGirly sent what started out as a dinner update but ended up being another adult beverage update. ;)

She said, "Last night we took my parents to Rose and Crown for dinner."

[​IMG]

"My dad headed straight for a pint..."

[​IMG]

"And apparently I had too much too because I forgot to photograph our meal!" :lmao:

"My mom had the fish and chips and loved it. Dad had cottage pie and also enjoyed it. I had the curry and thought it was good as well."

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of DDad

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next in were several updates from Stephanie (SRiley1985), starting with one from their dinner Thursday night at the Polynesian resort's...

[​IMG]

She said, "We didn't have a reservation, so we sat at the sushi bar."

Kona Island Sushi Bar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Bread with macadamia nut butter. We finished the loaf in about 2 seconds. It was tasty."

[​IMG]

"John had a little bread with his butter." :laughing:

[​IMG]

"For dinner we split the Teriyaki Strip Steak with sticky rice and broccolini. It was just alright. We ordered it medium and it came out well done but I was so hungry I just ate it anyway." :(

"No dessert because our waiter told me that you can't get the 'Ohana bread pudding at Kona. I was so sad but decided to seek my dessert elsewhere."

5 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name, menu, and pic of DH

5. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Stephanie continued with this update...

"We walked over to the TTC, where I took some pics since I had never been here before."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Finally after hopping a monorail to Epcot and walking a million miles, we reached our destination..."

[​IMG]

Drink menu

[​IMG]

"It was so crowded, I couldn't get many pics."

[​IMG]

"This is John's strawberry tart. He said it was good."

[​IMG]

"I got the Duo, which is mousse cake. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was not this mushiness. :laughing: Everything kind of blended together. Plus, it was TINY. I was still hungry after I finished it."

1 July Game Point Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and display case

6. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then a little later, Stephanie sent us a breakfast update from Epcot's...

Sunshine Seasons

She said, "This morning for breakfast, we stopped at Sunshine Seasons after riding Soarin'. We both had the breakfast panini with roasted potatoes."

[​IMG]

"And we split an order of Berry Croissant Bread Pudding..."

[​IMG]

"Our Verdict: Potatoes - awesome, Panini - gross, Bread Pudding - EPIC. That berry bread pudding is one of the best things I've ever eaten. The use of croissants is genius." :thumbsup2

2 July Game Points Earned

7. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then Stephanie sent us a few more updates from Magic Kingdom, starting with a snack update from...

[​IMG]

Stephanie said, "We hopped over to Magic Kingdom. Wow, it is hot already today and both Splash Mountain and Pirates are down." :(

"We stopped at Aloha Isle for a new to us snack."

[​IMG]

"John got a pineapple orange swirl but dug into it before I could take a pic." :laughing:

[​IMG]

"My orange and vanilla swirl. Sorry, my beloved citrus swirl...you have been replaced. This was like a creamsicle in a cup. Delicious and refreshing!"

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

8. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And then a lunch update from Stephanie (SRiley1985) from Magic Kingdom's...

Liberty Tree Tavern

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"We chose the Pilgrim's Feast. Unfortunately, it was not spectacular. The stuffing tasted like Stove Top and the potatoes were bland instant. But we were here for another reason, so it was going to be okay...right?" :confused3

[​IMG]

"The Ooey, Gooey Toffee Cake! It was neither ooey nor gooey or even slightly warm. Grr...my crappy food, coupled with the fact that everything came out even before our sodas and then the waiter came to clear our plates and said, "You don't like it?" When we said no, not really, he just picked the plates up and walked off. No apology, can I get you anything else, nothing. Not sure why he even bothered asking? :rolleyes: We left most of the toffee cake on the plate too but he didn't mention that when he brought the bill. We definitely will not be going back any time soon." :(

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

9. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we received our first update from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World on Thursday, DisneyFam09.

She and her family were at DHS yesterday and two of their group had lunch from...

Catalina Eddie's

[​IMG]

"DH had the Hot Italian Deli Sandwich."

[​IMG]

"I had Cheese Pizza without the side salad."

Then the other two had lunch from...

Starring Rolls Cafe

[​IMG]

"Mom had a Black Forest Ham Sandwich."

[​IMG]

"My sister had a California Roll."

7 July Game Points Earned

10. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we will check in with Melissa (sock2you), our Disneyland reporter.

She and her group had dinner at California Adventure's...

Flo's V8 Cafe
    Cars Land

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"DD and DSIL1 had the Kids Mac and Cheese Meal with carrots & peas and apples slices & grapes."

[​IMG]

"My choice was the Pork Loin with Coca Cola BBQ sauce, with cold pasta salad and corn medley. Everything was good but the pasta was a bit off."

[​IMG]

"DSIL2 had the Turkey with mashed potatoes and corn medley."

[​IMG]

"DBIL2 had the Roast Beef Plate,...

[​IMG]

...as well as a chocolate milkshake."

[​IMG]

"DH chose the Turkey with Vegetarian baked beans and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were the perfect consistency."

[​IMG]

"FIL chose the Pork Loin as well, but was disappointed in the corn medley as he's more of a straight corn kind of guy."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

11. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then back to DisneyFam09 at Disney World, but actually she and her family had dinner off-property last night in Lake Mary.

BurgerFi

[​IMG]

"They have huge orders of fries and awesome specialty burgers and hot dogs." :thumbsup2

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

B.A.D. (Breakfast All Day) Burger
    Natural Angus burger, American cheese, hickory bacon drizzled with maple syrup, fried egg, hash browns, grilled diced onions, and ketchup

[​IMG]

Texas Style Chili Cheese Dog -All-natural dog topped with BurgerFi chili, cheese sauce, and hot sauce

[​IMG]

BurgerFi Bacon and Mushroom Cheeseburger - Double Natural Angus burger, double American cheese, Hickory Bacon, lettuce, tomato, BurgerFi sauce and mushrooms (on the bottom)

[​IMG]

Small order of fries

2 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for name pic

12. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from SwirlyGirly, reporting on the breakfast offerings yesterday at the...

Yacht Club CL Lounge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 July Game Points Earned

13. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Then SwirlyGirly also sent us an update from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is what they had...

[​IMG]

Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables - Eggplant, Mushrooms, Onions, and Squash topped with Gnocchi, Arugula, Pesto, shaved Romano, and splash of Aged Balsamic

"My mom ordered the gnocchi. She said it was very flavorful."

[​IMG]

Pan-Seared Cod with Meyer Lemon Butter, Tomatoes, Quinoa, and Basil drizzled with Minus 8 Vinegar

"I had the cod. It was served with heirloom tomatoes and quinoa. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it. The quinoa was loose and floating in the juice of the tomatoes. I loved it. The juice had quite a bit of vinegar in it, which was to my taste."

[​IMG]

Kids Beef Tenderloin served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

"My daughter chose the tenderloin, which is not on the lunch menu but still available by request."

[​IMG]"

"For dessert we a had the cheesecake. It was gluten free and crust less. It was more like a pudding than cheesecake, but very tasty!"

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics and pic of DD and Jasmine

14. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And our last update from yesterday was a snack update from Stephanie (SRiley1985).

Picking up where her last report left off, in Magic Kingdom...

She said, "It was still raining after our lunch so we wandered around for a bit and then decided to go back to the resort and pack and get ready to leave in the morning."

[​IMG]

"We stopped at the Marketplace to get a snack on our way back from the concierge desk (our travel agent apparently neglected to book our DME. Grrr! My day has not been going well)." :sad2:

"I couldn't decide what I wanted but then John spotted these little beauties. He didn't know what they were, so we had to get them, obviously." ;)

[​IMG]

"Sweet, delicious Oreo Bon Bons. I will be getting a package of these to take home tomorrow. So good!" :thumbsup2

"Then in non-food related pics...I spotted new carpet in the BCV hallway downstairs. It doesn't really fit the shabby beach house chic theme, I think."

[​IMG]

"You can see the contrast with the old/new carpet. Does anyone know if the villas are supposed to be getting new carpet?
    I thought the refurb wasn't until next year?" :confused3

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pic

15. Kathymford

Kathymford A little obsessed is ok....right?

Oh my goodness! DisneyFam09 that burger place looks amazing!!!

16. nicole0992

nicole0992 I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Barb, you have outdone yourself the past few weeks with so many updates. Thank you for all your hard work maintaining my favorite thread on here! Also, thanks to all the awesome reporters we have had recently. You all have really stepped up and delivered so many fantastic pictures for us all to drool over. :cool1:

17. mupt02

mupt02 Mouseketeer

This has now made my "need to try" list.

18. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

What a nice surprise to see! I haven't heard anything about a carpet replacement project, but must say, I do like it! Maybe a sign of what is to come with the 2014 refurb!

19. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Thank God BC needs a refurb! Was so disappointed last Sept at the conditions of hallways & rooms..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

20. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

We have only received a few updates today, starting with our First Update of the Day from Stephanie (SRiley1985).

She said, "Unfortunately, it is time for my last set of updates. We will be headed to the airport here in just a few minutes." :(

"So last night for dinner DH wanted...

Pecos Bill's

...so we headed over there after a trip on Splash Mountain."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"They only had half of one side of the topping bar set up since it was almost 10:00 p.m."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I chose the Deluxe Cheeseburger, which includes cheese, BBQ sauce and onion rings. I also got fries with it so I could dip them in the condiment bar cheese sauce. I was pleasantly surprised. The cheeseburger was hot and juicy and the fries were crispy too. Definitely a win!" :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

"John had the Taco Salad, which he proceeded to load with almost everything from the condiment bar. He had the whole thing eaten in about 2 seconds so his only complaint was that it should have been bigger." :laughing:

"After a spin on the AstroOrbiter, we headed out of the park. I stopped at the ...

Main Street Confectionery

[​IMG]

"I grabbed this Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat to eat while waiting for the bus. It was pretty tasty."

"And then this morning after one last look at our balcony view, we are off to the airport!" :wave2:

[​IMG]

3 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menus and misc. other pics plus First Update of the Day

21. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

And since that was Stephanie's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Excellent Job!!! :thanks:

SRiley1985's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 125