Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Next from dreamangelx were some updates from Epcot.

The first is maybe from...

Fife & Drum

She said, "It took us the whole trip to find a Doofenslurper! It was frozen lemonade in a test tube souvenir mug. It was delicious and hit the spot on a very hot sunny day!"

And then a dinner update from...

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

"We did the Norway dinner and DH snapped a picture of his appetizer plate. This was the group favorite of the trip. They had numerous entrees and loved it. I liked the apple and pear salad at the buffet. My husband was more adventurous and tried some of the fish and got a mouth full of bones."

2 July Game Points Earned

Then dreamangelx sent this update from DHS'...

Mama Melrose

She said, "We did the Fantasmic package for Mama Melrose for the first time since we had kids (our oldest is 7). The package was great. We got a ton of food for the price."

"All the men ordered the appetizer sampler for 2. I sampled some and though I am a fan of cheese a huge wedge of blue cheese was too much. The rest was good. They had pickles and some meats."

"I had the pork chop which was cooked perfect and served with an odd potato salad that had a mix of pickled peppers. I liked the pork chop but the potato mix was a little strange. Those things taste good separate but not mixed together."

"My daughter had spaghetti and meatballs...she devoured it and hardly let me get a pic."

"My kids were served vanilla ice cream and a spaghetti and meatball cupcake. I thought it was weird the server brought out a huge cupcake to my 2 year old and a small dish of ice cream for my 7 year old. I ended up cutting both in half so they could both share. The cupcake was delicious! I wish I had it for myself. The "sauce" was a strawberry jam like sauce and went perfect with the chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream."

3 July Game Points Earned

Wait a minute! You can order the same wings from the Ohana dinner buffet at the Tambu lounge?! Mind. Blown. I feel so stupid for not realizing this earlier! Thanks, SwirlyGirl! (And Barb, of course!)

Yes they are the same! Have ordered them several times when traveling alone and not wanting to do the full dining thing. :)

We have several more updates from yesterday, starting with a few more from dreamangelx.

Her next update was from Downtown Disney's...

She said, "We made a special trip to downtown Disney to try out the new bowling alley! It was so much fun. We ordered pizzas as an appetizer to share. We are New Yorkers so we've never been impressed with Disney pizza but this was very close to normal pizza for us!"

5 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Then dreamangelx's last updates of her trip were all from the Boardwalk (Epcot Resort) area so I'm combining them into one post, starting with one from their room at the Boardwalk.

"We stocked our fridge with seltzer, water and soda from Garden Grocer."

"This was definitely the year of the souvenir cups for us!!"

Next was a snack update from the...

Boardwalk Bakery

"It was a routine for my uncle to rise earlier than all of us and get some pastries from the Boardwalk Bakery, so it was a fun surprise for him to return with a whole chocolate cake! I wish it had tasted better. It was pretty dry and it made my stomach hurt." :sad2:

Then we have a breakfast update from the Dolphin's...

"The Dolphin was big for us this trip. It had an awesome food court that was open late and there other restaurants were great options. We have been to Fresh in the past and have always enjoyed their healthy juice "shots" and their buffet is great. Pancakes and waffles, omelettes and eggs are all made to order. We had lots of fruit, pancakes, toast and homemade preserves, which were delicious. Also at all the buffets, the watermelon was great this year!"

"My husband ate a protein omelette that had broccoli and spinach with a side of sausage and loved it."

Then last is another breakfast update, this one from the Beach Club's...

Cape May Cafe

"Uncle Boo ate healthy at Cape May Cafe choosing oatmeal, fruit and quinoa salad."

She said, "Our trip was awesome and we are already planning next year! Boardwalk area is tough to beat!" :thumbsup2

10 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of Uncle Boo, Fresh sign, and misc. pic

Since that was dreamangelx's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

dreamangelx's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 90

Next in yesterday was DisneyFam09's update from their lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

Here is what they had...

Kids Pasta with meat sauce and broccoli

Braised Pork with Green beans Jardiniere

Kids Mickey Meatloaf served with fries and broccoli

And for dessert...

Triple Chocolate Cupcake

Lemon Meringue Cupcake

2 July Game Points Earned

Then we received the first update from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World yesterday, nicole0992.

She said, "We have arrived safely after flying the red eye from CA. First stop for us was..."

Here's a pic of nicole0992's DD...

"I had the Croque Monsieur..."

"It was not good at all. Very disappointing. I had it toasted yet the bread was still soft and cheese not really melted. Totally not worth the price." :sad2:

"My daughter chose correctly and had the always delicious ham cheese croissant..."

"We also split a Napoleon..."

"It was okay. I love the pastry cream but the topping is not good. Very soggy yet too crispy at the same time. Miss the old version."

"We both also had iced cappuccinos..."

"Very sweet but good on a hot day."

3 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, interior restaurant pic, and pics of DD

Next in yesterday was an update from SwirlyGirly.

She and her DDs had lunch yesterday at...

SwirlyGirly started with a glass of white wine...

"Ellie got the kids meatloaf, which is really just a giant meatball..."

"She ate it up!"

"And ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this is the moment I have been waiting for since last July...Gluten Free Fried Chicken!!!!!!!!!!"

"Anna and I split it and it was still huge!"

"For dessert Ellie again got the Toufutti ice cream..."

"And Anna and I split the cheesecake...

"The cheesecake was so good and it was gone in 60 seconds!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pics of SG and DDs

Then we received Cathy's (catho72) update from the...

Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

Cathy said, "We went to the Wishes Dessert Party in MK on Sunday. The IPO at BC booked it for us the day reservations opened and we had the best table there....right along the railing off to the side. No one stood in front of our table so we were able to watch Wishes sitting down."

And now for the desserts...

"There were plenty of delicious choices for us to enjoy! Ice cream, brownies, cheesecake, cookies, etc., plus drinks...milk, iced tea, lemonade, coffee. It was expensive and not something we would do each trip but it was great! It was nice to sit down and have a great view of the fireworks and not be jostled."

3 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for pics of kids, buffet pics, and misc. other pics

We SEARCHED for this and finally found it right next to the American adventure at the stand that sells the jalapeño cheese pretzels. You get a lot and it really stands up to the heat lol. We actually went and did the American adventure, left it on the stroller and it was still frozen!

Dreamangelx...did you get the frozen lemonade in the US? My son wants one so badly!

Next in was an update from SwirlyGirly of the Evening Offerings yesterday at the...

Polynesian CL Lounge

Pita bread with sun-dried tomato hummus

Conch fritters and vegetable cornucopias

Veggies

Fruit and Caramel dipping sauce

Selection of cheeses and fruit

"Chilled strawberry banana and coconut soup (this was totally yummy!!)"

"The special drink/punch is sweet but tasty."

Mini corn dogs

5 July Game Points Earned

Then we received another Epcot update from nicole0992.

She said, "Quick update from Liberty Inn...

"We are dining at Tutto tonight so wanted to save our appetites. We split a 1/3 lb angus bacon cheeseburger and fries. It was so good! I had this burger in February and had to have it again this trip."

"I ordered the lettuce and tomatoes on the side since DD likes hers plain."

3 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of DD and sign and menu pic

The last updates received yesterday were from SwirlyGirly.

The first was from their dinner at the Wilderness Lodge's...

Looks like SwirlyGirly got a Mickey straw! :thumbsup2

"Gluten free buns with butter and fennel infused olive oil. Super good!"

Pinot Noir Wine Flight

"Anna and I split the meal. We started with the amazing mussels!...

Kettle-steamed Coldwater Mussels with Summer Tomato Jus, Sourdough "Bruschetta" with Fennel Aioli

"They were so flavorful and so buttery, they were sinful."

"We also split the filet..."

Grilled Center-cut Filet Mignon with Celeriac Creamed Spinach, Roasted Roots, Cabernet Glaze, and Smokey Blue Crumb

"Pleased that the portions arrived already split. This was the perfect amount of food for us."

"Boring Ellie went with the Kids' Pasta..."

"She ate every bite and finished up my steak too."

And for dessert...

"Anna chose the Baked Alaska. She had to eat it alone because I'm allergic to the hazelnut bottom. She was very happy to chow it down singular." ;)

"And of course, Ellie had the Tofutti!"

5 July Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pics of SG and DDs

Then one more update from back at the Polynesian's poolside...

Barefoot Bar

She said, "I brought a glass of wine from the lounge and somehow forgot that glass was no-no!"

"No problem, because a Mai Tai is a yes-yes!" :thumbsup2

"And the kids were too busy swimming."

1 July Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DDs

Seeing the current Artist Point menu has me missing AP as usual. I'd love to try the Shellfish Gazpacho or the current Alaskan Halibut dish!

I'm also enjoying the gluten free updates - it seems that (most) WDW locations are excellent at handling food allergies and dietary requests. :goodvibes

Seeing the current Artist Point menu has me missing AP as usual. I'd love to try the Shellfish Gazpacho or the current Alaskan Halibut dish!

I'm also enjoying the gluten free updates - it seems that (most) WDW locations are excellent at handling food allergies and dietary requests. :goodvibes

Totally agree - the AP menu really does look great. I also like the sound of the halibut and the vegetarian dish looks really good to me as well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter