Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Next we have an update from our Disneyland reporter, Melissa (sock2you).

She said, "Breakfast on the second morning of our trip was again at Disneyland's...

Carnation Cafe

"It was mostly the same but I managed to get pictures of the full breakfast this time."

Mickey waffle with strawberries

Ham and cheese omelet - SIL2 subbed bacon for ham

Oscar's Choice x 3...

Oscar's Choice: All-American Breakfast - Two Eggs any Style accompanied by Cafe Breakfast Potatoes and Biscuit served with your choice of Hickory-smoked Bacon or Chicken-Apple Sausage

Apple Granola Pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs

3 July Game Points Earned

A few more updates received yesterday from our Disneyland reporter, Melissa (sock2you).

This one from their lunch at...

She said, "We started with some Pommes Frites, Gumbo, and a couple of French Onion Soups."

French Onion Soup with Sauteed Sweet Onion Medley in traditional Broth with Croutons and Melted Gruyere

Pommes Frites - Traditional French Fried Potatoes tossed with Parmesan, Garlic, and Parsley, served with Cajun Spice Remoulade

New Orleans Gumbo - A rich, flavorful Stew with Chicken, Andouille Sausage, and Tasso Ham served with Cajun-style "Dirty Rice"

"For our main meals a few of us split some Monte Cristo sandwiches..."

Monte Cristo Sandwich - Sliced Turkey, Ham and Swiss fried in a light batter and dusted with Powdered Sugar, served with Berry Puree

"MIL chose the Cajun Salad..."

"Crescent City" Salad with Blackened Chicken on top of fresh Spinach and Mixed Baby Greens, tossed with Caramelized Pecans, Red Grapes, Navel Orange Segments, Caramelized Onions, Chopped Green Onions, Roasted Sweet Corn, and Orange-Cilantro Vinaigrette

"SIL2 had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich." (picture missing)

"This place is a must do for us every time we come to the park."

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for name/menu pic

And another update from Melissa, this one from Disneyland's...

Carnation Cafe

She said, "Wanna guess where our breakfast was? ;) We got more of the same so I only took two pics."

"These are the Oatmeal Cakes..."

Steel-Cut Oatmeal Cakes - Hearty Oatmeal Cakes with Cranberries, Raisins, Honey, and Spices served with Fruit Compote

"DD sharing a water with DH." :goodvibes

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of DD & DH

Then one more update was received from our Disneyland reporter, Melissa, yesterday.

She said, "The group had split up by lunch time, with some going back to the room to nap or going their own way in the parks. My lunch was a..."

Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel

"I also had some ice cream (which was eaten in lightning speed before it melted, so no picture)." ;)

"FL decided on a turkey leg as we waited for the parade..."

"And earlier DH and I shared this from Fantasy Fair's...

Maurice's Treats

Frozen Boysenapple

3 July Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pics of FIL, Melissa & DH

Next in last night was the first update from one of our new reporters who arrived yesterday at Disney World, Kimmy2Disney.

Kim said, "We finally arrived at about noon on Saturday!!"

"Horray!!!!"

"Once we got checked in, our room wasn't ready so we decided walk around AKL and grab some lunch at Mara."

"I had the chicken pita, and strawberry tart for dessert..."

"Both very yummy, but if I got the pita again I'd probably ask for no hummus on it, since it was a little strong for my taste. Got the couscous as my side and I LOVED it, I probably could have just eaten a bowl of that! Strawberry tart was a good quick service dessert choice, and not too filling!"

"DH got the falafel pita with the couscous, and cheesecake sample for dessert. Of course my pic is it half eaten because he just couldn't wait!..."

"He really enjoyed the falafel and couscous, but he said next time he would order it without the pita as it was too filling. Cheesecakes were good, especially the lime."

"Just my two cousins (13 and 16) were with us at this point since my mom and aunts plane hadn't come in yet, and they both ordered chicken nuggets with fries, and a chocolate chip cookie."

"And my DD just snacked off of their plates. Both were happy with their choice!"

2 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for menu, pic of DD, and misc. pics

Kim also sent us an update from their dinner last night at DHS'...

Kim said, "We took a quick swim after being able to go into our rooms, then hustled through the rain to HS for the Mama Melrose Fantasmic package!"

"With the Fantasmic package you get app, entree, and dessert sampler.

For apps DH and I split the antipasto for 2 and the tomato/ mozzarella..."

Mama's Antipasto for Two - selection of Italian meats, cheeses, and marinated vegetables

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with marinated sweet onions, balsamic drizzle, basil-scented olive oil and fresh sweet basil

"Loved both of these!"

Mixed Greens Salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, artichoke hearts, shaved Sopressata, and red wine-oregano vinaigrette

"Mom and aunt had the mixed greens salad, which was HUGE for an app salad, but they both enjoyed!"

"And the cousins had the calamari, which they really enjoyed!! The dipping sauces were very good!"

Crispy Calamari topped with grilled peppers and onions, served with dipping sauces

"For entrees DH, cousin (16), and aunt got the charred strip steak..."

Charred Strip Steak with five-cheese baked macaroni, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction

"They all thought this was amazing, especially the shallot butter on top, but the star of their plates was that macaroni and cheese that comes with it. Here is a pic of DH anxious to dig in!"

"I got the pollo di forno which was unexpectedly on the bone....

Pollo Di Forno - brick oven-baked chicken, fingerling potatoes, fresh spinach, grilled peppers and lemoncello-caper butter sauce

"It was just alright, not terrible, but I wouldn't order again, because nothing about it stood out. Looks very pretty though!"

"My mom got the chicken parm which came with spaghetti that DD ate..."

"Mom really enjoyed this classic dish and would order again!"

"My other cousin (13) had the Italian flat bread with non spicy sauce..."

"He liked it, but this was gigantic! It could have been three people's entrees!"

"Then for dessert. Yum yum, the dessert sampler..."

"I don't recall exact flavors of some things, but we had tiramisu, raspberry Panna cotta, some kind of cheesecake, and some kind of tart with a Nutella tasting topping. We got 2 of these platters for a table of 7. So good!!!!

"And this is why we do Fantasmic packages..."

"It was a great show, haven't sat to see it for years!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. pic

Now for our First Update of the Day, sent to us by a new reporter who arrived at Disney World yesterday, ldnoggle.

She said, "We got in yesterday afternoon and packed in a couple rides in Epcot and Magic Kingdom during a monsoon before dinner at..."

Be Our Guest

Here's what she had...

French Onion Soup

Steak & Pommes Frites

And for dessert...

Then they attended the...

Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

And here is a pic of her dessert plate...

5 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for misc. pic and First Update of the Day

And since that was Stephanie's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Excellent Job!!! :thanks:

SRiley1985's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 125

I had so much fun doing this. Hopefully the thread will still be going during our trip next year. Maybe I will finally get the hang of taking sign pics haha!

Thanks so much for all your hard work Barb :)

We are now less than 2 weeks away from arrival. I *think* I have finalized our dining plans. It will be me (Dena), DH (Ed), DD18 (Logan), and DD11 (Payton - turns 12 on the trip). We are Disney vets, our last trip was DD18 HS graduation trip in June of this year. My family loves Disney food, so I'm hoping we will be able to send lots of updates. We will arrive early the morning of Saturday 7/27 and will be leaving late in the afternoon/evening of Saturday 8/3. Friday 8/2 is DD11's 12th birthday and she has requested 4 parks in one day on her birthday, so we will see if we actually accomplish that!

Below is what we are planning, but knowing my family, there will be lots of changes! If you would like specific pics of something, just let me know. We will be using our AP's and TiW, so no dining plan for us.

Oh and if anyone is interested, DH and DD11 have plans to parasail on 7/30. I'll send pics if DD11 goes through with it. She's not too sure about it right now.

Here are our dining plans:

7/27 (B) Whispering Canyon (new to us)
7/27 (L) Beaches & Cream - sides & kitchen sink (new to us)
7/27 (D) EP World Showcase/Board Walk Bakery
7/28 (L) Big River Grille 11:30am (new to us)
7/28 (D) BOG 8:00pm
7/29 (B/L) Tusker House 10:30am
7/29 (D) Sci Fi 8:25pm
7/30 (L) BOG QS (new to us for lunch)
7/30 (D) Tony's - 8:15pm
7/31 (L) AoA (new to us - checking out resort for future stay)
7/31 (D) Kona 9:00pm (new to us)
8/1 (L) Fairfax Fare
8/1 (D) EOS
8/2 (L) AK QS
8/2 (D) Ohana 5:00pm
8/3 (L) MK QS

Sorry for the LONG update!;) Any questions, just ask!

We received another update from ldnoggle from their breakfast this morning at...

BOMA

She said, "Boma is our must do breakfast each trip. I had the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives (creamy and delicious), French bread pudding with pecan caramel sauce (I'm glad I don't have this recipe- it would be trouble!), bacon, breakfast potatoes (crispy and well-seasoned), bacon, and carved ham."

"Not pictured is fresh strawberry banana yogurt - also one of my favorites!"

3 July Game Points Earned

Our next update was sent to us by our Disneyland reporter, Melissa (sock2you).

This was from California Adventure's...

Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe

1 July Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points for display case pics & pic of Melissa & DSIL

Next we received some updates from SwirlyGirly.

She said, "We had a nice lunch at...

"I had the Seafood Arrabbiata..."

Seafood Arrabbiata - Shrimp, mussels,calamari, Fish of the Day, and Whole Wheat Spaghetti tossed with a Spicy Seafood Sauce

"It was spicier than I thought it would be, but I am a fan of spicy so it was good for me. The calamari was a bit rubbery, but my daughter gladly stole it all from me."

"Both my girls wanted the Kids gluten free pasta with meat sauce..."

"They ate it up!"

"My parents went for flatbreads. My dad had the chicken and my mom had the margarita..."

Grilled Chicken Flatbread with House-made Ricotta Cheese, Spinach Oil, and Sweet Onion Relish

Margherita Flatbread with Vine-ripened Tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella Marinara Sauce, fresh Basil and drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil

"They enjoyed them, but weren't raving!"

"And of course, I had a Prosecco!"

3 July Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Then another update from SwirlyGirly, this one from the Beach Club's...

Beaches and Cream

She said, "We ate at Beaches and Cream two days ago. The kids chose GF (gluten free) kids' burgers and fries. I had a GF burger and my dad had the regular burger."

"My mom chose The Rachel..."

Beachess Rachel Sandwich - Griddled pastrami on marble rye with sauerkraut, arugula, Swiss and Peppercorn-Russian dressing

'We were all happy with our sandwiches. The kids finished the meal with ice cream. My youngest is dairy free, so she gets the toufutti."
(no pictures sent)

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DDad

Last night SwirlyGirly dined at a 10 point location... :banana:

Shula's

"The kids split a wedge salad and a filet."

"I had the 8 oz filet which is not on the menu but available by request. It was the perfect size for me. I got the garlic potatoes side and the tomato mozzarella salad for an app."

"The waitress told us that the salads and sides were large enough to share, so we did."

"Of course I left the photography to the 8 yr old, and my hand is covering the steak!" :laughing:

"My mom also had the filet and my dad chose the 24 oz cowboy and managed to eat it all..."

"His side was a double baked potato, which he said was excellent."

"For dessert, my mom chose the carrot cake..."

"And my daughter chose the trio of Creme brûlée..."

She added, "We had an awesome meal." :thumbsup2

10 July Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pics of SG, DDad, and DDs

One more update from SwirlyGirly, this one a two-part snack update from the Polynesian's...

She said, "My parents are leaving. We checked out of Yacht Club and into the Poly. First stop...pool! We grabbed some poolside refreshments."

"First up, kids' refreshments..."

"One Dole Whip and one Popsicle."

"Next up..."

"A Mai Tai for mom!'

2 July Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and pics of SG and DD's

Next we have the final update from our Disneyland reporter, Melissa (sock2you).

She said, "After walking around Downtown Disney after we checked out of the hotel, we had lunch at..."

"MIL/FIL and BIL1 had the tuna sandwich. One was cold and the other hot."

Tuna Sandwich with albacore tuna salad and Swiss cheese

"SIL2 had the Italian..."

Italian - salami, capicola, roasted ham, mortadella, mozzarella cheese, roma tomato and Zesty Italian dressing

"BIL2 had the Chicken Avocado again..."

"SIL1 had the Turkey..."

Holiday Turkey - turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry

"DH and I split the Caprese on wheat..."

3 July Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

And since that was Melissa's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!! :thanks:

sock2you's Total June/July Game Points Earned = 61

That's only about half of the updates which came in today, but it's time for me to call it a night. So check back tomorrow for more updates from ldnoggle and DisneyFam09, as well as the first updates from a new reporter, catho72, and the final updates from another reporter, keypooh90.

Good night everyone! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter