Coming from the Great White North in August WE'RE BACK.2nd DAY PTs1&2POSTED PAGE 23

I'm a huge fan of doing laundry at Disney. Of course it involves a good book, an alcoholic drink and lying by the pool. It seems all the Disney laundry facilities seem to be by the pools anyway. But each to his own.

I don't think you were wrong to take your 16.5 year old with you. Two nights is a long time. I can imagine the danger I could have gotten into at 16 if I was left alone for two nights.

Isn't it a great feeling to get those ADRs under your belt?

I'm a huge fan of doing laundry at Disney. Of course it involves a good book, an alcoholic drink and lying by the pool. It seems all the Disney laundry facilities seem to be by the pools anyway. But each to his own.

I don't think you were wrong to take your 16.5 year old with you. Two nights is a long time. I can imagine the danger I could have gotten into at 16 if I was left alone for two nights.

Isn't it a great feeling to get those ADRs under your belt?

Thanks for sharing the laundry secret with me.....nothing like a good cocktail by the pool:cloud9:

It's not so much Jasmine that I worry about as it is her friends and acqaintances finding out she was home alone, party time at our house I am thinking:rolleyes1 She is at cheerleading practice right now, so I was working on her packing list.....she just makes fun of me as I previously said, she doesn't understand getting things organized this early:headache:

Yes, having the ADR's done is huge, now I just have to finish up the last nine days, but I will work on that tomorrow!!!

I affectionately refer to her as a freak:lmao: She's already got her index cards done for the first part. Seriously, she has too, too much time on her hands.:scared1:I actually called member services today to do Whispering Canyon and O'Hanas and got terrible times only to find out Queen had already done it. Should have known she'd be on top of it:rotfl2: So guess I'll be cancelling my times.

I had a friend who has a daughter who works for Disney offer to have a playdate with the kids so dh and I can go out to dinner with no kids! I'm seriously considering it but concerned too. What if they misbehave, or she doesn't watch them as closely as I would? I know, mother paranoia but all viable concerns.

Thanks for all those who are posting.:worship: We sure appreciate it. :woohoo:

Couple of new and exciting things to tell you all about!!! First off, my BFF, Brenda, and her daughter Kayla will be flying down to WDW on Aug 22 to join Jasmine and I for our last nine days of vacation:cool1:

For those of you that read our report from last August, Brenda is my friend that comes to my house, irons my cloths, and packs us for our trip. She is a genius when it comes to packing.....she is going to go and pack Purplepeg and her family too.:thumbsup2 I told her, if she's offering, accept!!!! It really does make it easier to get last minute things done, especially when you have to work right up until departure day:rolleyes1 that would be me not Purplepeg.....I always tell her she's a kept woman (only because I'm totally jealous)

The next exciting thing to tell you is we made our last 9 days of ADR's today:cool1::banana: We are not having all our meals with Brenda and Kayla as Kayla is a vegetarian and Shanleigh loves her beef!!!! So we decided to keep everyone happy we would go where everyone wants to go and if that means splitting up, that's what we would do. So here is the last nine days!!!;)

Aug 21 Purplepeg and her fam leave us:sad1:and Jas and I go to Raglan Road

Aug 22 B and Kayla arrive and we all go together to Planet Hollywood

Aug 23 Jas and I go to Sci Fi --B and Kayla go to Cap'n Jacks

Aug 24 Jas and I go to Coral Reef -- B and Kayla go to Rose and Crown

Aug 25 all of us to Les Chefs du France

Aug 26 all of us to Kona Cafe

Aug 27 Jas and I to Wolfgang Pucks -- B and Kayla to Yak and Yeti

Aug 28 Jas and I to Tutto Italia -- B and Kayla to Whispering Canyon Cafe

Aug 29 All of us to Big River Grille and Brewing

Aug 30 we fly home:sad1: to :laundy: for me and :teacher: for Jasmine

I will post our daytime schedules tomorrow - hopefully - we're heading over to Brendas to sit by the pool and have dinner :cloud9: I love when someone else makes dinner on Sunday:worship:

It's wonderful that you can agree not to agree. That's the best kind of friend.

Glad the early morning call proved itself to be worth the break in sleep after all. Your ADR's look great. Are they all for dinner? Specifically I was thinking Kona and Tonga toast for breakfast.

Dinner by the pool sounds fab. Not quite that warm out here yet but getting there. It's just all these darn mosquitos you have to put up with.

Glad the early morning call proved itself to be worth the break in sleep after all. Your ADR's look great. Are they all for dinner? Specifically I was thinking Kona and Tonga toast for breakfast.

Dinner by the pool sounds fab. Not quite that warm out here yet but getting there. It's just all these darn mosquitos you have to put up with.

Ahem, she forgot to tell you it was her fabulous sister who got all the ADR's done:woohoo:

They are all for dinner, she doesn't like to waste time for breakfast in the morning and gets more out of dinner for her money.

Yesterday and today were the first nice days we've had here since last summer. It's been so flipping cold here they been able to larvacide more of the standing water because it hasn't been warm enough for the darn things to hatch yet:woohoo:

Yes all for dinner, I wanted to do Kona for breakfast but that was one of the compromises I had to make:eek: I have never had tonga toast....maybe someday:rolleyes1

I was a beautiful day here today, had the best time!!! Jasmine got quite a lot of color today, I kept harping about the sunscreen so she is a very nice brown!!!! No mosquitos yet.....but let me tell you when they hit, it is not enjoyable!!!!:mad:

No mosquitos yet.....but let me tell you when they hit, it is not enjoyable!!!!

Well, they've hit here in Ontario. It was beautiful out this weekend too. Supposed to rain just in time for me to take my kindergarten class on an outdoor field trip to the Outdoor Education Centre. I'm trying to convince Dh to come and help out with my class but he already went went twice last week with Cindy's (DD8) and Jedi's (DS6) classes. He's covered in bites on his ankles and wrists. He wore a bug hat and long sleeves but his work gloves left some wrist exposed and he should have choosen his boots over his hiking shoes. He thought socks would stop the mosquitos. Silly man.

It's been so flipping cold here they been able to larvacide more of the standing water because it hasn't been warm enough for the darn things to hatch yet

I thought this was outlawed now. Our municipality used to spray for mosquitos but the chemical backlash was considered too high to downplay the risks of diesease.

I have never had tonga toast....maybe someday

You know it's not that expensive and Kona is not that busy in the mornings. You should head over there some morning around 10 after you've done a few rides in the park and get one. Just be ready for the sugar high.

Nope, not outlawed here.....you can call the city and they will not spray around your house but I can't remember the exact specs on that.

I never thought to run there in the morning.....great idea. I checked out the prices of Kona, and even paying OOP, not bad at all!!!!

Ok, I just got off the phone with Purplepeg, she walked me through photobucket:yay: I had no clue:rolleyes1

I wanted to post some pictures to get used to this so here goes......

DSC01725.jpg

Jasmine at the fountain outside Les Chefs du France Aug 08, isn't she purdy:lovestruc

DSC02201.jpg

Jasmine, Brenda (my friend who is meeting us there) and Jasmine's friend Sarah in Oct 08 shopping in Fargo ND, don't they look happy, the girls have their new cloths on

DSC02587.jpg

Jasmine and Kayla (Brenda's daughter also meeting us there) at our Christmas gift exchange at our house Dec 23 08

DSC02703.jpg

Jasmine and Mini Montana at Purplepeg's on Christmas morning 08

DSC02733.jpg

Kayla, Jasmine, Brenda, and Queen at their house Christmas Day 08

I thought you would all like to see who else will be joining us on our adventure this summer:banana: I am going to go through the pictures on the computer and see what else we have,,...maybe I'll post more:rolleyes1

I thought I would add some of Jasmine from this year....this is her and her two friends going to spring fling....I forced them to go.....Jasmine's best friend Jocelyn had lost her brother in a car accident the week before and the girls had all been to the funeral that day.....I told them life goes on.....get dressed and pretty yourselves up, you're going to the dance!!! There is just something wrong when your child has lost 2 friends in high school......so sad!

355.jpg

Jasmine, Breezy, and Sarah getting ready for their spring fling Mar 19, 08
360.jpg

Sarah, Jasmine, and Breezy...aren't they beautful
363.jpg

365.jpg

398.jpg

So as you can see I have the photobucket thingy mastered now!! I just need to get some new pictures on the computer which hopefully Jasmine will do for me tonight:hug:

I have had an "exciting" couple of days:scared1:

I took Jasmine and her friend driving on Tuesday after school as they are both booked to take their test on Tuesday morning Jun 2. Jasmine did her parallel parking perfect everytime:love:so great!!! Jocelyn....not so much and you would think this would be a clue to me about her driving ability wouldn't you...but nope doesn't register:eek:

So now we're done the parking we move on to the driving....good god was I terrified! Again, you would think I would clue in to her lack of experience when she asked me which way to turn the wheel to go right:rolleyes: To make a long story short she almost killed us:mad: Now normally I wouldn't be angry but when you have to scream and grab the wheel to avoid a head on collision, I don't know....made me a little angry....but only because she said "I'm not as dumb as you think I am.....I may have lost it at this point. It's not about being dumb, it's about common sense...you don't steer into oncoming traffic, or is it just me????/:rolleyes1 So when i reach over to grab and steer away from certain death, I feel a horrible pain in my hand!!! I make Jasmine take over the driving, drop her friend off at home, and tell Jas, I think I did something to my hand.

When I got up yesterday it was purple and really swollen, I'm thinkin,....this can't be good:sick: Drop Jasmine off at school and off I go to the minor injury clinic......

I wait for 6.5 hours, 3 x-rays to confirm what I thought all along....yup broke 2 bones in my hand!!!!!:rolleyes1 I have a cast!! Never had a broken bone in my life....well today I'm finding it ain't easy having one of these things!!!!! The doctor said to come back for a follow up next week, so here I m thinking, that will be to get the cast off:rolleyes: My BIL informs me, nope, they will be putting a permanent one once the swelling has stopped:confused3 It comes in very handy having a Doc in the family.

So, it has taken me a while to type this installment.....this hunt and peck typing style is hard:headache:

I will keep you updated, I want to get our full itinerary on here, it may take awhile. Maybe Jasmine can do the typing and I'll do the dictating!!!:rotfl2: Wait until she realizes she has to do most of the housework now:thumbsup2

So as you can see I have the photobucket thingy mastered now!! I just need to get some new pictures on the computer which hopefully Jasmine will do for me tonight:hug:

I have had an "exciting" couple of days:scared1:

I took Jasmine and her friend driving on Tuesday after school as they are both booked to take their test on Tuesday morning Jun 2. Jasmine did her parallel parking perfect everytime:love:so great!!! Jocelyn....not so much and you would think this would be a clue to me about her driving ability wouldn't you...but nope doesn't register:eek:

So now we're done the parking we move on to the driving....good god was I terrified! Again, you would think I would clue in to her lack of experience when she asked me which way to turn the wheel to go right:rolleyes: To make a long story short she almost killed us:mad: Now normally I wouldn't be angry but when you have to scream and grab the wheel to avoid a head on collision, I don't know....made me a little angry....but only because she said "I'm not as dumb as you think I am.....I may have lost it at this point. It's not about being dumb, it's about common sense...you don't steer into oncoming traffic, or is it just me????/:rolleyes1 So when i reach over to grab and steer away from certain death, I feel a horrible pain in my hand!!! I make Jasmine take over the driving, drop her friend off at home, and tell Jas, I think I did something to my hand.

When I got up yesterday it was purple and really swollen, I'm thinkin,....this can't be good:sick: Drop Jasmine off at school and off I go to the minor injury clinic......

I wait for 6.5 hours, 3 x-rays to confirm what I thought all along....yup broke 2 bones in my hand!!!!!:rolleyes1 I have a cast!! Never had a broken bone in my life....well today I'm finding it ain't easy having one of these things!!!!! The doctor said to come back for a follow up next week, so here I m thinking, that will be to get the cast off:rolleyes: My BIL informs me, nope, they will be putting a permanent one once the swelling has stopped:confused3 It comes in very handy having a Doc in the family.

So, it has taken me a while to type this installment.....this hunt and peck typing style is hard:headache:

I will keep you updated, I want to get our full itinerary on here, it may take awhile. Maybe Jasmine can do the typing and I'll do the dictating!!!:rotfl2: Wait until she realizes she has to do most of the housework now:thumbsup2

Can I sign your cast?

Oh poor Queen, don't you all feel sorry for her?:confused3Well guess what....she broke my finger when we were much younger because I wouldn't let her wear a pair of my pants:scared1:So I just say, all good things come to those who wait:rolleyes1

Jasmine driving, how can that be, it seems like yesterday she was standing by mom and dad's pool buck naked asking if geodoc and I wanted a gummy worm:rotfl2:I politely pointed out that she was naked (because she was in the middle of getting ready to put her bathing suit on and was only 4 at the time) and she replied "I KNOW, but do you want a gummy worm?":lmao::rotfl2:Gosh she was cute.

Oh poor Queen, don't you all feel sorry for her?:confused3Well guess what....she broke my finger when we were much younger because I wouldn't let her wear a pair of my pants:scared1:So I just say, all good things come to those who wait:rolleyes1

Jasmine driving, how can that be, it seems like yesterday she was standing by mom and dad's pool buck naked asking if geodoc and I wanted a gummy worm:rotfl2:I politely pointed out that she was naked (because she was in the middle of getting ready to put her bathing suit on and was only 4 at the time) and she replied "I KNOW, but do you want a gummy worm?":lmao::rotfl2:Gosh she was cute.

LOL - that sounds like story to be told at a wedding reception. :rotfl2:

OMG get over it, it was your own fault...if u weren't such a mean sister to begin with.....:rolleyes1

Jas is going to love you for this one, I'll make sure she's on the boards this weekend......:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter