Coming from the Great White North in August WE'RE BACK.2nd DAY PTs1&2POSTED PAGE 23

Queenofallthings

DIS Veteran
I debated whether or not to do a pre-trippie with my sis Purplepeg and as I sit here on a beautiful sunny Winnipeg morning I decided why wouldn't I?

We are all heading back down in August, I think we're just suckers for heat and humidity or we're completely insane which is probably more accurate:eek:

The cast of characters will read like this....

Me - Queen of all things
Jasmine - my wonderful 16 year old daughter, my partner in this Dis obsession
Purplepeg - my much older and wiser sister
Geodoc - my BIL
Snow White - my gorgeous 8 year old niece who turns 9 in June
Mini Montana - my adorable 4 year old niece who is more like me than her mother would like....I think she's perfect!!!

If you followed us last year you know we went for 2 weeks and had a ball inspite of Fay trying to rain on our parade. This year Purplepeg and her family are going for 13 days on their very first DVC vacation and Jasmine and I are tagging along ( I have the best sister and BIL in the world) how lucky are we?? They depart on August 8 we leave on August 10. They are returning home on August 21 and Jasmine and I aren't returning until August 30!!! Here are the details......

Purplepeg and her family arrive on Aug 8 staying at SSR until Aug 15, moving to AKV on the 15th to the 21st then they depart for home sweet home. :worried:

Jasmine and I arrive on Aug 10 and will be staying with them until the 21st, then we'll be moving over to ASMu on the 21st until the 30th. Couldn't pass up free dining and hey we're already there!!!!:cloud9:

We are all travelling down on Westjet on that godforsaken 6am flight....oh who am I kidding we don't sleep the night before anyways, might as well be on a flight!!! We arrive in Orlando just after 1pm....of course on 2 different days but same flight times etc.

Jas and I both needed new passports this year so they are supposed to be here this Tuesday so we're patiently waiting for those, along with the August hours.....:confused3 Peg and I have already decided which ADR's we're doing everyday, however, if it's EMH we may need to change some things:rolleyes1

I have a few surprises up my sleeve for my beautiful Jasmine while we're there, but I won't be able to share them until we're home, because she's on here as much as I am....:hug:

Hmmm, trying to think if there's anything else I can share right now.....give me a minute, talking is my specialty. Oh yeah, Peg and I will be double teaming on this adventure for look for her comments too, she's always good for a laugh:laughing:

Oh yeah, one more thing,.....if you followed us last year you know Jas and I aren't the best flyers in the world so that's always good for some laughs.....last year we had to abort landing coming into Orlando, let's just say there were tears and upset tummies (mine).:sick: I honestly think that's why Peg and her family are flying out 2 days before us, apparently we scarred Snow from flying, well, she wanted to sit with us......:scared1:

I think that's it for now, we can make our ADR's on May 10 so will fill you in on those once they're done!!!!!

Well, well, well....I see I have to clear up a few misconceptions.
#1....I may be older but I LOOK younger than you:rotfl2:
#2....My poor baby Snow White doesn't like to fly anymore (completely your fault!) even though on her first flight she kept saying "up, up die!" because she couldn't say sky:lmao::lmao::rotfl2:
#3...acuurate, we are the best sister and BIL you have;) (the only ones you have but besides that little detail!)

Looking forward to reading along with your perceptions and then adding the real details for everyone:banana:

We'll have such a great time.

Hop on, I promise you it'll be a ride you won't forget:woohoo:

Oh Peg, isn't it how funny people perceive things so differentl??!!

Anyhoodle, Jasmine's passport arrived today:cool1: Not sure what happened to mine, maybe it will arrive tomorrow:confused3 Mine was the condensed application and Jas's was the long one, oh well, that's the government for ya.

Other than that nothing else to report, than it is 19 degrees and beautiful and sunny. I have all the windows open and housework doesn't seem such a chore when you have nice warm air coming through!!:thumbsup2

here's some photos so you know who we are.
Queen and Jasmine
DSC03415-1.jpg

Geodoc and Mini Montana
DSC03418.jpg

Snow White
DSC03284.jpg

Geodoc doing his favorite past time..geocaching
DSC03285.jpg

Mini Montana 4 going on 5 and Snow White 8 going on 9
DSC03308.jpg

Jasmine, Snow White and Mini Montana
DSC03217.jpg

everyone but me outside of chefs de france
DSC03192.jpg

Finally me Purplepeg, I do most of the phototaking so there aren't too many photos of me.
DSC03195.jpg

The hours are out, the hours are out:banana::banana::banana::dance3::dance3::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: Can you say excited? We had to move a few things around 'cause I get to call this weekend to book ADR's:woohoo: Looking good, we'll fill you in on the details soon! Or maybe we'll wait until someone else besides us posts:confused::lmao:

All is good....my passport arrived yesterday.....YIPPEE:cool1:

I was just getting ready to leave the house to go grocery shopping and the mailman was at the door...perfect timing:thumbsup2

Sunday we can make our first 10 days of ADR's.....yup, have to get up at the crack of dawn on Mother's Day.....not me though, Peg's doing it:worship:

I believe it's the 23rd that I can make the rest for the 9 days Jas and I are there by ourselves:hug:

Lurkers, please come out and talk to us we would love to chat:yay:

All is good....my passport arrived yesterday.....YIPPEE:cool1:

I was just getting ready to leave the house to go grocery shopping and the mailman was at the door...perfect timing:thumbsup2

Sunday we can make our first 10 days of ADR's.....yup, have to get up at the crack of dawn on Mother's Day.....not me though, Peg's doing it:worship:

I believe it's the 23rd that I can make the rest for the 9 days Jas and I are there by ourselves:hug:

Lurkers, please come out and talk to us we would love to chat:yay:

I just realized you had this pre-trip report going. Cool! Our new passports arrived last week so we're ready to go. Do you think we need to wait until August? Come on 649!!!

I just realized you had this pre-trip report going. Cool! Our new passports arrived last week so we're ready to go. Do you think we need to wait until August? Come on 649!!!

So glad you found us!!! I found yours yesterday I believe, it's like finding an old friend!!!:thumbsup2

Yeah for 649....I just said that exact thing to Jasmine, "if we win 16 million dollars tomorrow, we're outta here on Monday after we get the check":rotfl:

We are making our first batch of ADR's on Sunday so will post those once their confirmed!:banana:

I'm reporting for duty as official understudy in case anyone backs out!

You should have PM'd me I would have been here sooner.

Let's see if you're doing down from the 8th to the 30th (combined) then I figure according to how long it took you to finish the other reports (or not finish them) we'll be celebrating mini M's high school graduation when you finish this one.

I'm in anyway.

I'm reporting for duty as official understudy in case anyone backs out!

You should have PM'd me I would have been here sooner.

Let's see if you're doing down from the 8th to the 30th (combined) then I figure according to how long it took you to finish the other reports (or not finish them) we'll be celebrating mini M's high school graduation when you finish this one.

I'm in anyway.

YIPEE, I'm so glad you're here!!! I knew I could count on you as my understudy....I just had a feeling:banana:

See the difference this year is....I have the internet, so I can post everyday!! The only thing I don't know how to do is post pictures, which I'm sure can't be rocket science:confused:hang on, I have a 16 year old daughter.....I'll just get her to figure it out. She may have had to program my Blackberry for me:rolleyes1

Too bad there's no chance we'll run into you in MK again this year:sad1:

I ordered our last 7 day pass from airmiles today:cool1:

I was short about 30 when I ordered the first 3 so had to wait....thank goodness for 7X your airmiles when buying prescriptions;)

The other 3 arrived within 5 days of ordering them, I was actually shocked when they came that quickly:)

Once we get there I am going to add on the park hopper and two of them I will add on 3 days to make them 10 day apsses, shouldn't be very much money is my understanding,:woohoo:

As I am typing this I am looking out the front winter to big fluffy snowflakes falling....IT'S MAY.....ok I'm ok now I think:rotfl2:

It's raining cats and dogs here. Better than snow though.

We ordered our seaworld passes from airmiles last year. They came really quickly too. Dh used to put all his business expenses through the credit card so it was easy to rack up the miles.

I ordered our last 7 day pass from airmiles today:cool1:

I was short about 30 when I ordered the first 3 so had to wait....thank goodness for 7X your airmiles when buying prescriptions;)

The other 3 arrived within 5 days of ordering them, I was actually shocked when they came that quickly:)

Once we get there I am going to add on the park hopper and two of them I will add on 3 days to make them 10 day apsses, shouldn't be very much money is my understanding,:woohoo:

As I am typing this I am looking out the front winter to big fluffy snowflakes falling....IT'S MAY.....ok I'm ok now I think:rotfl2:

Snowflakes!! only in Winnipeg. Haven't the mosquitos carried them away yet?

Snowflakes!! only in Winnipeg. Haven't the mosquitos carried them away yet?

You'd think so wouldn't you....but no!!!:confused3 Only in Winnipeg is right, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes, well I waited all day and it didn't change anything:laughing:

With all the flood waters I can't imagine what the mosquitos will be like this year.....I don't even want to think about it:eek:

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes:worship:
I sit here on hold for the last 49 minutes waiting to get through for dining ADR's:scared1:At this rate we won't be eating anywhere:rolleyes1
Cross your fingers for us, I can't believe I've had to wait for so long. When I was first connected they said it would be 30 minutes:confused:Anyway....Thanks again for the wishes.
I was holding a garage sale in the snow yesterday:sad2:I did well considering there weren't as many people as I think there would have been if it had been sunny. I had to crawl in the tub when I was done I was so cold, any way I have warmed up and am really enjoying getting up so early on Mother's Day to sit on hold for an hour!

Good wishes to all the other Mother's out there:love:

So we made our ADR's for the first 10 days.....Peg, bless her heart was up bright and early on Mother's Day to call!!! :love:

So here is how the first 10 days look, just a quick reminder, Peg and family are there the 8th and 9th, we arrive on the 10th......;)

Aug 8 T-Rex for dinner, unpack get settled
Aug 9 - Yachtsman Steakhouse
Aug 10 - the party really starts when we arrive.....:rotfl: Raglin Road for dinner unpack and get settled:banana:
Aug 11 - DHS - 50's Prime Time for dinner then Fantasmic
Aug 12 - Magic Kingdom - Coral Reef for dinner then Illuminations
Aug 13 - Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti for lunch - Magic Kingdom for Wishes
Spectromagic
Aug 14 - Epcot - Tutto Italia for dinner
Aug 15 - Move to AKL, unpack get settled, swim, Boma for dinner
Aug 16 - Magic Kingdom - Le Cellier for dinner
Aug 17 - Epcot - Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner
Aug 18 - Pool Day/Downtown Disney - Boma for breakfast
Aug 19 - Magic Kingdom - hoping for Whispering Canyon for dinner
Aug 20 - DHS - O'Hana's for dinner
Aug 21 - Peg and family leave for home sweet home:sad1:Jasmine and I move to ASMu unpack and have a pool day, Downtown Disney evening

I haven't completely finalized our last 9 days....:rolleyes1 When Peg and I were looking at the park hours calendar, I noticed that it actually changed the last week of August, so I need to sit down and make sure everything still works. I can call on May 23 for our ADR's for those final days, so I am looking forward to that!!!!:yay:

I got Jasmine all hooked up on here, so you'll be hearing her 2 cents worth in the near future....she may have a dry sense of humour like her mother...:confused3

Well, it's time to change the :laundy: best get at that......

It's been a few days since a update.....Jasmine and I headed down to the good US of A for a shopping trip, we do this probably half a dozen times a year. Jasmine loves loves loves Abercrombie and Hollister....me not so much, good lord those stores are expensive. She gets frustrated when I head straight for the sales racks.....hey, when she's paying she can go to the front of the store and pay full price:rotfl2:

We went with my friend and her daughter, it was supposed to be just Brenda and I but I am still not sure about leaving Jas alone at home for 2 nights. I know, everyone keeps telling me "she's 16 and a half" stop babying her.....these people don't have children I might add:confused3

I hit Target, my fav store. Love getting all my toiletries here and food products we can't get at home. :cloud9: We did a considerable amount of damage this trip, taking a teenage girl is always expensive:eek:

She is all set now for cloths for our trip so I am happy about that. The only thing she still needs....err...wants is another bathing suit. I personally thing 2 is sufficient, but she thinks she needs 3:scared1: I told her she can go to the mall here with her friends, try stuff on (what I like isn't what she likes) then call me and I'll come down once the choices have been narrowed down:rolleyes1

We can call for our last 9 days on dining on Saturday morning, so I will be up bright and early doing that....wish me luck:wizard:

I got up this morning and made ADR's for the 19th and 20th. We were successful in getting Whispering Canyon on the 19th and O'hana's on the 20th. :lovestruc

I am going to try....err....I mean I am going to finish my planning for the 21st to the 30th tomorrow, considering I have to call on Saturday morning.:rotfl: Gotta love getting up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday.....:banana: Who am I kidding, I LOVE IT!!!

When Jasmine and I were in Fargo shopping this past weekend, she made fun of me everytime I said something about her cloths, she thinks I have planning problems, or obsessions as she calls them.....I personally don't think it's a problem:thumbsup2

I ordered the Heys Packing Cubes from the shopping channel last week and they were waiting for us when we arrived home:love: Jas just shook her head:cutie:

I laid out all her shorts and tops this morning to try and get my list started for packing....we have laundry facilities, but I don't know how I feel about doing :laundy: while I'm on vacation. I know you may find this hard to believe but she does have enough cloths for the 3 weeks were gone....I on the other hand do not......surprised?????

I will let you know how my ADR call goes on Saturday morning......:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter