(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just arrived at Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Roaring Forks quick service still has the regular system in place. Only saw black lid mugs (same old design) for sale but noticed lots of folks have pink and blue so they must have them somewhere.

I am at POR and I don't think the RFID cups were working properly. The drink button needed to be held to fill your cup. I stopped and started my diet lemonade several times, then poured some out and topped up with sprite without any waiting anytime. Yesterday It wouldn't let me have any drinks for the longest time. and it says mine expires sept 30--I wish!!

I believe the refill will be good until midnight or 11:59 pm on your last day...even tho check out time is 11 your flight may not leave until later..

Just home from por and you are correct refills are good until midnight .

In an effort to answer the question of what happens if you have a split stay with Free Dining to start your trip then room only or package without Free Dining after. This comes from TeenaS who is a greeter at Beach Club. She posted it in the YC/BC FAQ Thread because I had specifically asked her this question.

More refillable mug information.

OK, I talked to the merchandise manager about the question asked about a split stay where first part of stay is at a resort and the guest has dining plan and second half of stay is at a resort without the dining plan. Question was do you have to buy a second mug since dining plan mug is for length of dining plan.

Answer: No.

He said any "length of stay mug" whether it be purchased as length of stay or it is a free mug for length of dining plan is good for 14 days. So if your total trip between the two resorts is under 14 days, you are good to go with the first free mug you get at the first resort that comes with the dining plan. It can be used at the second resort even though you do not have a dining plan there.

Secondly, somebody said earlier that a CM in the market place said that the mug you get with the dining plan expires at 11 AM (check out time) on the last day of your dining plan. The manager said that is not true. It's good for 14 days.

I think with all the "different" information out there, that the only way to tell how it is definitely going to work is to live with it. Once it goes active, we'll all get reports and I'm sure there will be bugs to work out with this too.

But the above information was given to me by a merchandise manager from the Marketplace so I'm betting its right.

I hope this helps.

Makes sense because we checked in on 8/25 and the rapid refill station said we were good until 9/8 :)

They're selling the new mugs but haven't activated the machines yet. Likely they are waiting for those who purchased the old mugs to be done their stay (14 days or so).

There are two sets of mugs out ones that look exactly like the ones from summer of 2011 that were orange, green, purple that do not say rapid refill and disappeared rather fast ! And the new ones are the same exact color and say rapid refill on the mug ! All mugs whether they say rapid refill or not work on the RFID system . We have both and both were programmed trough RFID system at the resort. So my thoughts are these were the original RFID trial mugs which explained why those colors disappeared so fast and never came back until now;) because they all obviously have chips because ours were all working on the RFID system at POR ;) just thought I'd share .

This new system is not a good idea..

Problems:

1.mugs are not working right.

2. The syrup runs out, and then you lock out from getting a different drink for 2-3 min.

3. Only two people can use it

4. If you have ice in you drink, you may only get a 1/3 of the soda next time

5. Some people like to mix their drinks

6. And the worst of all.. THE LINES!!!

That's strange because when All Star Sports was testing it 2 years ago, someone posted a link to this video from the company that created the technology and it clearly states that you can do a mixed drink (they call it a suicide pour) and that up to six cups can be filled at one time. (I realize this company is called Valid Fill and Disney is calling their system Rapid Fill, but I would find it hard to believe that it's not the same system.)

That's strange because when All Star Sports was testing it 2 years ago, someone posted a link to this video from the company that created the technology and it clearly states that you can do a mixed drink (they call it a suicide pour) and that up to six cups can be filled at one time. (I realize this company is called Valid Fill and Disney is calling their system Rapid Fill, but I would find it hard to believe that it's not the same system.)

There is podcast on here that talks about this. Only 1 person is able to fill up at one time. Unfortunately I'm not able to link the video on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anyone know how long the refillable mug is good for when you are on the dining plan? I have read the mug is being activated for 14 days no matter how long your stay. Is that correct?

Does anyone know how long the refillable mug is good for when you are on the dining plan? I have read the mug is being activated for 14 days no matter how long your stay. Is that correct?
we arrived Sept 2 and for some reason ours says it expires sept 30-We leave on the 8th and we are on the dining plan

I would say thats true we were on the dining plan and arrived August 25th and our mug expired September 8th. The fourteen days also makes sense because I believe that is the MAX amount of days you can book Free Dining.

There is podcast on here that talks about this. Only 1 person is able to fill up at one time. Unfortunately I'm not able to link the video on my iPhone.

Yup! That's where I found it..

So instead of having 3-4 people on one dispenser...
Now you can ONLY have 2..

Yup! That's where I found it..

So instead of having 3-4 people on one dispenser...
Now you can ONLY have 2..

I thought they said 1 person at a time at each station? So station 1 on right side has 1 person & station on left has 1 person, not 2 per station. Due to there only being 1 screen at each station. I'll have to watch it again. :)

EDIT: I just watched the video again & it is only 1 person per station. :) So I guess altogether yes only 2 people at a time. I was initially thinking you meant at each station. :)

I thought they said 1 person at a time at each station? So station 1 on right side has 1 person & station on left has 1 person, not 2 per station. Due to there only being 1 screen at each station. I'll have to watch it again. :)

EDIT: I just watched the video again & it is only 1 person per station. :) So I guess altogether yes only 2 people at a time. I was initially thinking you meant at each station. :)

Yes I meant 2 pre dispenser. One per screen. However most hotels only got 2-4 dispensers.. So at most 8 people can fill up at once. :-(

(Here is how we did our mugs in the past)
In my family two adults could up with 4 mugs. We could fill all mugs.. (We all like different drinks)
So if we didn't need ice, all 4 of the mugs could fill up at one time and within seconds..

This now means we will have to stand there, scan in each mug, and fill them one at a time..
So what use to take us seconds will now take us a min or two..

Which doesn't seem like a lot, but multiply that by 2/3 of families at the resorts.. Lines are bound to be really really long..

Ps.
I thought I would add my sister is down at the AOA resort.. (She was only staying the one night before their cruise)
She told me every time she walked by there was a line 4 people deep on each screen..
Even when they sat and had breakfast and lunch, The line never seem to die down

I'll let you know how POR is when they stay a few days after their cruise..

Is the new RFDI system in place at AoA or Kidani yet? We heading down in a week, and were just wondering.

Okay, that's crazy. It is the first thing I've read about the new system that is enough to provoke strong feelings/reaction to it. The lines at the soda machines at Pop were 2-3 people deep on my last trip just about every time I stopped there (morning and night) and that was with the old machine and multiple people filling different flavors simultaneously. Now a resort with 2000+ rooms has enough capacity for 2 people at a time to fill mugs? :scared1: The line for a soda refill is going to look like TSMM at mid-day!

Wilderness Lodge just switched their mugs to the ones labeled Rapid Refill. Same design but with green, purple, black and orange lid options. No sign of the new machines yet.

Wilderness Lodge just switched their mugs to the ones labeled Rapid Refill. Same design but with green, purple, black and orange lid options. No sign of the new machines yet.

Did you specifically see a black mug with the RapidFill logo on it? If so that's new news.

If they haven't switched the machines yet, the black mugs might be non-RFID ("old") still.

Did you specifically see a black mug with the RapidFill logo on it? If so that's new news.

If they haven't switched the machines yet, the black mugs might be non-RFID ("old") still.

The WL still had the old black mugs last Friday. And then sometime during the weekend the new RFID ones came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter