(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing a split-stay with FD during the first portion only. Will they let me use the RFID mug on my second half? All consecutive days, 10 days total.

Doing a split-stay with FD during the first portion only. Will they let me use the RFID mug on my second half? All consecutive days, 10 days total.

I would doubt it. FD is not really free, but something you pay for by paying full price for your resort room. The mug you get with FD is part of the money you paid for that package. Your second stay, if it doesn't come with dining plan, has no inclusion of a mug. IMO, after your FD ends, you must purchase a new mug, or purchase additional time on your first mug. If you check-out of the first resort and check-in at the second resort on the same day, your mug is good for that day. It's the next day of your second stay that you would need to start buying time on a mug (mug-share?).

look at post 2375.. just a couple above yours.

it hasn't been tested yet.

most people around this thread know me as the poster child for split stays. and using the mug you paid for (even if you "paid" for it in your DDP) for your ENTIRE SINGLE Disney vacation. if they give you a problem , SAVE and BRING all your reciepts and reservations. proving you are on one single disney vacation. and don't let up.

look at post 2375.. just a couple above yours.

it hasn't been tested yet.

most people around this thread know me as the poster child for split stays. and using the mug you paid for (even if you "paid" for it in your DDP) for your ENTIRE SINGLE Disney vacation. if they give you a problem , SAVE and BRING all your reciepts and reservations. proving you are on one single disney vacation. and don't let up.

But the mug is only good for the length of the dining plan since it is part of the plan. Once the plan is no longer good, you have to activate the mug by paying for it. You didn't pay for it at the second resort unless you also have the dining plan there.

In an effort to answer the question of what happens if you have a split stay with Free Dining to start your trip then room only or package without Free Dining after. This comes from TeenaS who is a greeter at Beach Club. She posted it in the YC/BC FAQ Thread because I had specifically asked her this question.

More refillable mug information.

OK, I talked to the merchandise manager about the question asked about a split stay where first part of stay is at a resort and the guest has dining plan and second half of stay is at a resort without the dining plan. Question was do you have to buy a second mug since dining plan mug is for length of dining plan.

Answer: No.

He said any "length of stay mug" whether it be purchased as length of stay or it is a free mug for length of dining plan is good for 14 days. So if your total trip between the two resorts is under 14 days, you are good to go with the first free mug you get at the first resort that comes with the dining plan. It can be used at the second resort even though you do not have a dining plan there.

Secondly, somebody said earlier that a CM in the market place said that the mug you get with the dining plan expires at 11 AM (check out time) on the last day of your dining plan. The manager said that is not true. It's good for 14 days.

I think with all the "different" information out there, that the only way to tell how it is definitely going to work is to live with it. Once it goes active, we'll all get reports and I'm sure there will be bugs to work out with this too.

But the above information was given to me by a merchandise manager from the Marketplace so I'm betting its right.

I hope this helps.

I recently found 4 old mugs from Dixie Landings in the back of the cupboard.
We were sure they were purchased as lifetime refills for the one resort but after trawling the Internet for clarification we thought we must have miss understood.

So emailed Disney and thought I would let everyone know the official response incase they have the same mugs. I'm now going to take mine on future trips and benefit from my original deal... I'm not being a cheapskate just making the most of what was offered way back.

Here's the email below

Thank you for contacting us at Walt Disney World Guest Services.

My sincere apologies in misunderstanding the type of mug you were
referencing. The larger mugs that were sold approximately 10 years and
back, are indeed lifetime mugs. They have a red top, and handle and I
believe have Briar Fox, Briar Rabbit and Bear on them. I confirmed with
the Food and Beverage Team at Port Orleans Riverside Resort and they
were very enthusiastic that yes indeed you will be able to use these in
your future visit.
If for any reason you encounter any challenges while at the resort
please do not hesitate to contact my offices.

We look forward to your future visit and hope you have a magical time.)

This is an old post from a few years ago.. I assume Disney will still honor their mugs, but does anyone know how?
I have two of these and not sure what to do with them now?
Should I bring them on our next trip?
I really don't like the new ones, I always drop mine and the next thing you know it's broken!

My old ones have lasted me, my husband, and even my children throwing them!

This is an old post from a few years ago.. I assume Disney will still honor their mugs, but does anyone know how?
I have two of these and not sure what to do with them now?
Should I bring them on our next trip?
I really don't like the new ones, I always drop mine and the next thing you know it's broken!

My old ones have lasted me, my husband, and even my children throwing them!

You will likely be given a new mug for free to use for that stay only, but there is no guarantee. Even if they give you a mug, you will have to use THAT mug because the old mug will not activate the machine. They discussed this very thing in the video a few pages back. Here is the link...

http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/08/24/rapid-fill-mugs-at-wdw-resorts-faq/

I'm going to chime in with my guess on the old forever mug topic...

1. I agree I think Disney will honour them and issue a RFID mug for the use of your stay.

2. that being said I would expect there is a fine print says that Disney has the right to make changes to it's policy at any given time...

We're also wondering if WL has implemented the new system yet. If not, we were wondering if we could redeem our vouchers for dining plan mugs at a resort that has implemented the system (instead of our resort) so that we could use them at the RFID resorts?
It won't matter if all the resorts transfer over to the new system, but I wonder if we'll be still in the transition period next week. :scratchin

I believe the refill will be good until midnight or 11:59 pm on your last day...even tho check out time is 11 your flight may not leave until later..

dansdad said:
In an effort to answer the question of what happens if you have a split stay with Free Dining to start your trip then room only or package without Free Dining after. This comes from TeenaS who is a greeter at Beach Club. She posted it in the YC/BC FAQ Thread because I had specifically asked her this question.

OK, I talked to the merchandise manager about the question asked about a split stay where first part of stay is at a resort and the guest has dining plan and second half of stay is at a resort without the dining plan. Question was do you have to buy a second mug since dining plan mug is for length of dining plan.

He said any "length of stay mug" whether it be purchased as length of stay or it is a free mug for length of dining plan is good for 14 days. So if your total trip between the two resorts is under 14 days, you are good to go with the first free mug you get at the first resort that comes with the dining plan. It can be used at the second resort even though you do not have a dining plan there.

Secondly, somebody said earlier that a CM in the market place said that the mug you get with the dining plan expires at 11 AM (check out time) on the last day of your dining plan. The manager said that is not true. It's good for 14 days.

I think with all the "different" information out there, that the only way to tell how it is definitely going to work is to live with it. Once it goes active, we'll all get reports and I'm sure there will be bugs to work out with this too.

But the above information was given to me by a merchandise manager from the Marketplace so I'm betting its right.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I will try this.

But the mug is only good for the length of the dining plan since it is part of the plan. Once the plan is no longer good, you have to activate the mug by paying for it. You didn't pay for it at the second resort unless you also have the dining plan there.

we have gone round and round about split stays. before the RFID mugs. some people are of the belief that a family of 4, staying at 3 different resorts on their single Disney vacation, should have purchased 12 mugs on that single trip.

and other people didn't. and were proven right.

I hope this helps.

and the voice of reason.!! a "length of stay mug" is given for free with the purchase of a DDP. it stands to reason that if the length of say exceeds the DDP package, the mug would still be good.

I will even venture beyond that.!!if I stay 15 nights, or 17! I am sure that will be taken into account. right now they have opted for 14 days. I'm sure there are those who stay longer. it might be a slight pain to have to go to a manager to straighten it out. lots of kinks in a new system. and always a kink or two in something out of the ordinary....

anyone in any of these situation.. I strongly encourage you to go to a manger, if necessary, to prove that you have purchased a mug for your disney vacation (either out of pocket of as part of your DDP) and then show your reservations/receipts for your entire Disney vacation (doesn't count if you are taking a Universal break in between:rolleyes:).

do not take no for an answer. I no I won't. Split stay fans unite!!!!!!

Hello, wondering if anyone can help.
Does anyone have a list of the resorts where this is live now?? My sister checks into coronado springs on Monday but was hoping to use the mug in other resorts obviously won't be able to do this if some resorts haven't switched to the new mugs yet.

Also, anyone know how it works for visitors who stay longer than 14 nights? My DDP and resort stay is for 21 nights and I'm hoping I can use my mugs for my whole holiday.

Thank you.

Hello, wondering if anyone can help.
Does anyone have a list of the resorts where this is live now?? My sister checks into coronado springs on Monday but was hoping to use the mug in other resorts obviously won't be able to do this if some resorts haven't switched to the new mugs yet.

Also, anyone know how it works for visitors who stay longer than 14 nights? My DDP and resort stay is for 21 nights and I'm hoping I can use my mugs for my whole holiday.

Thank you.

I would think you could just refill the mugs at the other resorts the old-fashioned way.

I'm willing to bet after the 14 days you just go to concierge , have them check on your reservation, see that it is a 21 days stay, and have them reprogram the rfid chips in the mug or issue you new ones. (see my post above) have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter