(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you specifically see a black mug with the RapidFill logo on it? If so that's new news.

If they haven't switched the machines yet, the black mugs might be non-RFID ("old") still.

I think that is the case (the black ones not being RFID), as they don't have black mugs on the shelf anymore, but on Saturday they only had the old black mugs. The machines still are not turned on, and there are quite a few old mugs around but a few people have been able to trade them for the RFID mugs.

Did you specifically see a black mug with the RapidFill logo on it? If so that's new news.

If they haven't switched the machines yet, the black mugs might be non-RFID ("old") still.

I did not specifically see rapid refill on the black one. A family walked past with all the colors including black and I saw rapid refill on the ones that were facing me. Sorry!

I love getting a new design Disney mug every time I go. And you can them easily. look at it this way its a souvenier from Disney and you use it all week too. east to do the math its worth it

Is the new RFDI system in place at AoA or Kidani yet? We heading down in a week, and were just wondering.

Kidani (and all AKL) was expecting to be live about now... I asked 2 weeks ago and they said in 2 weeks or so.

Yes I meant 2 pre dispenser. One per screen. However most hotels only got 2-4 dispensers.. So at most 8 people can fill up at once. :-(

(Here is how we did our mugs in the past)
In my family two adults could up with 4 mugs. We could fill all mugs.. (We all like different drinks)
So if we didn't need ice, all 4 of the mugs could fill up at one time and within seconds..

This now means we will have to stand there, scan in each mug, and fill them one at a time..
So what use to take us seconds will now take us a min or two..

Which doesn't seem like a lot, but multiply that by 2/3 of families at the resorts.. Lines are bound to be really really long..

Ps.
I thought I would add my sister is down at the AOA resort.. (She was only staying the one night before their cruise)
She told me every time she walked by there was a line 4 people deep on each screen..
Even when they sat and had breakfast and lunch, The line never seem to die down

I'll let you know how POR is when they stay a few days after their cruise..

At meal time, in the bigger resorts, I can see a line 4 deep or so. At the Beach Club Marketplace, and Hurricane Hannah's, there was never a line, even at meal times. And it really does not take extra time to scan and fill. You set your cup down on a pad which has the sensor and push the button. A dedicated screen above each sensor tells you your expiration date as you fill. I can also swear I saw two people fill at once at a station if they had room to get in next to each other. I often stepped up with my family's 4 cups and it took about 60 seconds to do all 4. Some might step up behind me and wait a few seconds for me.

Looking at buying rapid fill mugs at WL tomorrow. Are the Poly and contemporary stocked with them yet? We often eat at those resorts and since these mugs can be used at other resorts, would like to use them there.

So is there a definitive list of the resorts that are actually LIVE? Like the Rapid Refill machines are on and actually working? Call me crazy, but I want to make sure that I stay at one of the resorts using Rapid Refill (dying to try it out!).

Simba's Mom just reported Kidani and AKL are live.

Hey CanadianGuy, can we help you get page 1 updated now? Looks like by next week everyone is live!

Simba's Mom just reported Kidani and AKL are live.

Hey CanadianGuy, can we help you get page 1 updated now? Looks like by next week everyone is live!

Maybe a mod needs to create a brand new mug thread, since the whole system has been overhauled. The old system has so many loopholes and rules that no longer apply. Seems like it would be less confusing to just close this one and create a new one. Just a thought.:goodvibes

Maybe a mod needs to create a brand new mug thread, since the whole system has been overhauled. The old system has so many loopholes andcrules that no longer apply. seems like it would be less confusing to just close this one and create a new one. Just a thought.:goodvibes

I tend to agree. The original need for the thread was to stop debate on the old system (re-using mugs, using mugs at other resorts, etc.). We could still use a single thread for regular questions on this new system.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with split stays and the new RFID mugs? We're arriving in just a couple of days, staying 1 night at AoA and then 5 days at Kidani. Trying to figure out if we can buy mugs when we arrive at AoA, or if we should wait till we get to Kidani.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with split stays and the new RFID mugs? We're arriving in just a couple of days, staying 1 night at AoA and then 5 days at Kidani. Trying to figure out if we can buy mugs when we arrive at AoA, or if we should wait till we get to Kidani.

Easy! The new system works across all resorts and it's not a loophole. Just buy the mugs at the first resort, for the full length of stay (I guess you need to go for length of stay 14 days or you'll be short a day.)

All resorts will now recognize the chip in your mug and the expiration date. You can carry it to another resort if you are having a meal there and fill up at any station.

(* almost all resorts are live now, still a few going live this week or next)

Looking at buying rapid fill mugs at WL tomorrow. Are the Poly and contemporary stocked with them yet? We often eat at those resorts and since these mugs can be used at other resorts, would like to use them there.

Yes, all three monorail resorts are live with RFID mugs. We did our version of "drinking around the monorail" with getting Diet Coke last night. WL has the mugs and the machines are on, but they aren't requiring the RFID to be active like the monorail resorts are.

FYI we got our mugs at AKL and are staying at WL. We have also used the RFID system at Beach Club marketplace and POR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter