(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a mod needs to create a brand new mug thread, since the whole system has been overhauled. The old system has so many loopholes and rules that no longer apply. Seems like it would be less confusing to just close this one and create a new one. Just a thought.:goodvibes

I certainly agree! In a way it's the end of an era with the "lifetime mug" camp, the "I reuse my mug until they change it" group, and the "I follow the rules to the letter" crew. I won't stir things up by saying which group I would fall into. ;)

I certainly agree! In a way it's the end of an era with the "lifetime mug" camp, the "I reuse my mug until they change it" group, and the "I follow the rules to the letter" crew. I won't stir things up by saying which group I would fall into. ;)

:thumbsup2

HI Quick question I got a refillable mug voucher for my stay with my free dining.

is this the RFID mugs or a gift mug???
If its the refillable mugs is it good for the lenght of my stay?

Thanks
Stef

HI Quick question I got a refillable mug voucher for my stay with my free dining.

is this the RFID mugs or a gift mug???
If its the refillable mugs is it good for the lenght of my stay?

Thanks
Stef

If the RFID mugs are in use at your resort then yes it will be an RFID mug. It will be good for the length of your stay if you're on the dining plan.

I was told because of the RFID the new mugs can not be microwaved. I was wondering if someone has done this by accident and what really happens

I was told because of the RFID the new mugs can not be microwaved. I was wondering if someone has done this by accident and what really happens

The RFID Chip gets fried and the machine won't allow anything to be dispensed into the mug. I read a post from a CM at BC/YC who stated that if you do microwave it, even if you have your receipt, you are out of luck and will have to purchase a new one.

Now, once you are home and don't need the RFID chip to work you'll probably be okay to microwave it.

The RFID Chip gets fried and the machine won't allow anything to be dispensed into the mug. I read a post from a CM at BC/YC who stated that if you do microwave it, even if you have your receipt, you are out of luck and will have to purchase a new one.

Now, once you are home and don't need the RFID chip to work you'll probably be okay to microwave it.
I figured it would fry the chip but wondered if it blew up or melted the cup or something :rotfl2:

aw.. you left a group out. the "I am doing a split stay, buying a mug, and following the rules by using that ONE mug for my entire ONE disney vacation!

which, disney has recognized! you can even use your mug when visiting another resort during your stay!!! gasp!!!

We have just got back today from WDW and yes we did buy the new mug :). We stayed at BLT for 8 nights and then AKL for 6 nights and purchased the mug for the whole lenght of our stay at The Contemporary. When we first used the mugs the machines had not been switched on but within 1 day of us arriving they were all working. You must remember to put your cup down on the stand otherwise it will not work. It was quite funny to watch people with old cups wondering why the machine was not working although there are plenty of signs around :rotfl2:

It was quite funny to watch people with old cups wondering why the machine was not working although there are plenty of signs around :rotfl2:

Many studies out there have found that in public places, most people do not read signs. If fact, the same studies found that at any given time in large airports, 85 per cent of the people are lost even though there is plenty of signage to help them. Seems to be true. :confused3

Don't forget the..."I'll just use my Universal Studios cup"; and the "I bought an orange juice yesterday, so, I'll just use the empty juice bottle" groups. (I saw them both on my last trip.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

FYI- Just wanted everyone to be aware that you can't bring back used rapidfill mugs and get a discount. I thought I had read somewhere that there would be a discount if you reused a mug. My visits were several weeks apart.

I was charged full price for the second visit and didn't receive a mug. I wrote guest communications and here is their reply.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the Walt Disney World® Resort refillable mug program.
I'm sorry for your disappointment with the new Rapid Fill refillable mug. As you are aware, this was introduced in August. It is intended to allow for greater flexibility in selecting number of activated days and can be used at any Walt Disney World Resort Hotel self-service beverage station. However, it is only valid during that particular stay on that reservation. As you know, the Rapid Fill mug has an embedded RFID chip that communicates with the fountain beverage drink tower to dispense your beverage. The Rapid Fill mug may be refilled every 2.5 minutes during the time for which the mug was purchased. For our Guests’ convenience, water is accessible at any time with no waiting period. At this time, there are no discounts given when previous mugs are used on consecutive reservations. However, careful consideration was given to ensure our Guests have the ability to receive a good value for their purchase while satisfying their refill needs. You may be assured that your comments have been taken seriously and share with the areas mentioned.
Our Guests’ feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to share your comments.

Many studies out there have found that in public places, most people do not read signs. If fact, the same studies found that at any given time in large airports, 85 per cent of the people are lost even though there is plenty of signage to help them. Seems to be true. :confused3

Oh that's so true. When I worked at a retail store, we had to lock one of our two doors because the wind kept blowing it open. We put up a sign saying "Please use other door" at eye level. And this young lady, tried opening the door and looked through the door window around the sign and she had this very confused look on her face. She stood at the door for a good minute or so before realizing to use the door. It was pretty funny to watch:laughing:

Is the coffee on the RFID and have they switch to new brand of coffee.

Forgot to ask is OKW up on the new RFID program. Can you use the new bands for payment at OKW.

If I buy a length of stay mug and I am doing a split stay (7 days at GF and 3 at POR) Will I have to buy 2 sets of mugs or will I be able to use them at both of my resorts? Clueless how will this work? I am paying OOP as not on any dining plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter