(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently sitting in WL lobby: no tree yet, and as it's past 10, probably not going up tonight either. I'll keep reporting back. I'm basically stalking this tree; I've always wanted to watch it go up and now that I live down here it's not so crazy to hang out in the lobby every night for a week waiting XD

I checked in today and the tree is not up. I was told maybe tomorrow night. I watched them put up the tree one time a few years back and it was very interesting! I can't wait to watch them decorate the lodge!

I took pictures of the pool and splash pad area this evening. I also took pics of the new fencing! Will try to get my husband to post them soon.

Ha ha...you two need to get together for coffee tonight while you wait for the tree. ;)

We have been here since 20th. Had a Crystal Palace ressie at 8:20 am today. I was mad when the opening changed from 9-8. Got to MK about 7:40 and asked a CM if i we could go in early for our ADR. She said no since everyone would be let in shortly. We watched the line of people waiting to be let in for ADRS. Once the were let in, about 7:50, we went to that CM who let us in no question. We got our pictures on a mainly empty main street. Checked into CP and was told we would be seated before 8:20. Goit in at 8:10 and was done by 8:40. Rode a few rides before crowds. It worked out very well. MK is packed!! (small world had a 65 minute wait at 3!)
Noticed the CMs are down right rude. Yelling at people. Speaking to each other or using their phones. Noticed a CM who drives the trolley walking with his hat on backwards carrying a water bottle and swinging a towel. My kids have even said how mean the CMS are!

The CMs at Lodge have been great though. I asked about tree and was told they couldn't tell me when it was going up but did say it would be during my trip and I'd have time to enjoy it. I'm thinking tonight. Didn't like decorations st Poky, Contemporary, Yacht/Beach Club or BWI. Very disappointing.

Pool- wood walls are down. Loits of work left to do. Can't imagine it will be finished on time. The weather is crummy So h
it hasn't been an issue for us. The fence surrounding pool is fine. Black metal 4ft tall with landscaping surrounding. Its pretty

We are back in room resting . We can here the construction. Lots of truck sounds and heavy equipment sound but its not terrible.

If you have questions I'll try to answer them.

Sitting on my balcony right now! Booked a standard and got a woods view north bunk bed. The kids love it. Hoping to see a few fireworks. Check in was a breeze, had a yummy lunch at WCC and took naps in the room. No Christmas tree yet, check in CM said Tomorrow night.

Anyone know what that smell is in the lobby? It's amazing!

Pool- wood walls are down. Loits of work left to do. Can't imagine it will be finished on time. The weather is crummy So h
it hasn't been an issue for us. The fence surrounding pool is fine. Black metal 4ft tall with landscaping surrounding. Its pretty

We are back in room resting . We can here the construction. Lots of truck sounds and heavy equipment sound but its not terrible.

If you have questions I'll try to answer them.

Thanks for the update. They must be getting close if they have taken down the walls. :confused3

I just came back from the lobby and none of the furniture is moved so I'm guessing we have to wait one more night in order to watch the Disney elves work their magic. My plans tomorrow night is to find a nice cozy spot in the lobby and watch the transformation! I will try to post pictures during the process. Let's hope it's tomorrow! I'll be here until Wednesday but I hope I'll see it sooner than later. I've been patiently waiting. Will keep you posted.....

Hello there! I have a Bunk Bed Courtyard view room reserved for a 2 week stay in June. Are these bunk beds big enough for 16 and 18 y/o teenaged girls? Or should I switch to a Courtyard Queen bed room? Thanks in advance for the advice :)

40 days out from our trip and I'm trying to nail down a few final details...would appreciate any help and/or advice from the experts! Does the boat that travels from the lodge to MK leave early enough to make rope-drop at the park? If there is morning EMH, does it leave early enough to make that rope-drop or would we be better off driving to the TTC and taking monorail over? TIA!! :)

40 days out from our trip and I'm trying to nail down a few final details...would appreciate any help and/or advice from the experts! Does the boat that travels from the lodge to MK leave early enough to make rope-drop at the park? If there is morning EMH, does it leave early enough to make that rope-drop or would we be better off driving to the TTC and taking monorail over? TIA!! :)

The boats should run in time for you to arrive for emh. You could also take the bus. You should not have to drive to the TTC to get there.

Hello there! I have a Bunk Bed Courtyard view room reserved for a 2 week stay in June. Are these bunk beds big enough for 16 and 18 y/o teenaged girls? Or should I switch to a Courtyard Queen bed room? Thanks in advance for the advice :)

They are the same size as a twin bed and your daughters should be fine. I would ask my daughters if they preferred to share a queen bed or have their own bunk bed.

There is a bus to the MK that is a 5 minute ride. Parking at the TTC and taking the monorail would probably take you a half hour. I don't even know how you would get into the MK parking lot from the WL, since you are already past the entrance to the parking lot.

The boats should run in time for you to arrive for emh. You could also take the bus. You should not have to drive to the TTC to get there.

There is a bus to the MK that is a 5 minute ride. Parking at the TTC and taking the monorail would probably take you a half hour. I don't even know how you would get into the MK parking lot from the WL, since you are already past the entrance to the parking lot.

This will be our first time staying at the WLV so I wasn't quite sure where the TTC was in relation to the lodge. :confused3 Does the bus run directly to/from MK or does it make other stops? And is it typically crowded early in the morning (pre-park opening)?

I just came back from the lobby and none of the furniture is moved so I'm guessing we have to wait one more night in order to watch the Disney elves work their magic. My plans tomorrow night is to find a nice cozy spot in the lobby and watch the transformation! I will try to post pictures during the process. Let's hope it's tomorrow! I'll be here until Wednesday but I hope I'll see it sooner than later. I've been patiently waiting. Will keep you posted.....

Yeah, nothing going on now. Better luck tomorrow I hope; I'll have my own cozy spot!

Oh my goodness i just have to say when i heard hey were redoing the pool i had hopesthey would be adding a splash area like they have at the GF. Saying that DD loved it would be an understatement. Thanks for all the pic updates it looks like thats what its going to be. That and the tree and staying CL I am about to loose my mind with excitement. Dec 12 cant get here soon enough!!!! :woohoo:

I posted this in my trip report (link below), but thought it may be useful here also as its mainly timings from and to the Wilderness Lodge

Something that was really hard for us to comprehend before we went to WDW was the size and traveling between parks and resorts. Our only previous experience was staying at Grand Californian at Disneyland and walking been CA, DL and DTD. We heard about the comparable sizes and the distance between them. The Disney Transport system, the walk from different part of the resorts to the bus stop. how often the buses came, how long took to travel between the parks, it was all a bit overwhelming. I kept a bit of a travel time record thinking it may help someone in the future who was in the same position I was. hopefully it gives some idea of how long it took us to get , mainly from wilderness Lodge, to other parks. You will note that there is no mention of Magic Kingdom. This is because we always caught the boat to MK. Such a great trip across the lake, picturesque and serene in my opinion.

Anyway, here are our timings.
ScreenShot2014-11-24at73134am_zpsea898290.png

Overall we had no issues with using the buses. They run very frequently. Some of our early ADR we did cab it across just because it was easier. A great system which takes alot of the worry about getting around completely away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter