*** Official September 2024 Thread ***

Super excited! We usually go in October but wanted to rent DVC points this trip and september was cheaper. We're a multiple hotel type of family. Like to experience it all.

Sept 18th thru the 20th we will be at old key west
20th thru the 25th we will be at AKL kidani
25th thru 29th we will be at Riviera

3 new hotels for us, so excited. Not sure yet on how many park days. We have never been in september so I know more rain will be involved but we did go in July last year, so I feel like we can at least handle the HEAT.

Damn So glad to see this post! this is exactly what I need!
We will be going from Sept 28 - Oct 5
Sep 28 - 30 (ASM), Oct 1st - Oct 5th (OKW)

Super excited! We usually go in October but wanted to rent DVC points this trip and september was cheaper. We're a multiple hotel type of family. Like to experience it all.

Sept 18th thru the 20th we will be at old key west
20th thru the 25th we will be at AKL kidani
25th thru 29th we will be at Riviera

3 new hotels for us, so excited. Not sure yet on how many park days. We have never been in september so I know more rain will be involved but we did go in July last year, so I feel like we can at least handle the HEAT.

:welcome: Just added you both to the Roll Call!

Damn So glad to see this post! this is exactly what I need!
We will be going from Sept 28 - Oct 5
Sep 28 - 30 (ASM), Oct 1st - Oct 5th (OKW)

We will be at OKW from Sept 29-Oct 5th for our 20th wedding anniversary. I love OKW it’s so quiet and beautiful. 😊 However we will be offsite Sept 22-29.

Hello All! I book my first September trip 9/4-9/8 at ASMu. Going solo, as I usually do, and loving the suggestions about when to visit MK and the weather.
:welcome: So happy to have you along, thanks for joining in! September will be my first(ish) solo trip, too ::yes::

I have a slight correction to our dates. We are at the YC from 9/29 to Oct 3rd,
not Oct 2nd. :)

Just updated the roll call!

We are still arriving on Sept 26 but our flight changed so now we land in Orlando at 10:45 AM instead of 6:50 PM. I basically gained a whole day :) I know both my kids will want to hit the pool at soon as we arrive, so they can swim all afternoon and then I think we will head to Disney Springs for dinner.

MICKEY'S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY RETURNS AUGUST 9 AT MAGIC KINGDOM

Excited to let you all know that Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, a fan-favorite hard ticket event at Magic Kingdom, will be returning officially on August 9, 2024 with some brand new offerings!

Tickets go on sale for guests with existing resort reservations on May 8. All other guests are welcome to purchase starting May 15.

The official September party evenings are: 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29

Post #1 has been updated with more information. You can also read more about the party on Disney's official website here, and don't forget to visit the
"Official" Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Thread for more fun!

Super excited to finally have concrete dates for the Halloween party! We are most likely going to the 9/22 party, it will be a fantastic way to end the land portion of our trip with a bang before getting on the Wish 9/23 for Halloween on the High Seas. And now I can finally plan our park days. Thinking Friday 9/20 we will probably rope drop MK and finish up whatever if anything we missed on arrival night's EEH. Will likely pick up G+ and stack LLs for HS that evening after our midday break. So probably looking at:

Wed 9/18 - arrival, MK EEH
Thurs 9/19 - Epcot
Fri 9/20 - MK/HS
Sat 9/21 - AK
Sun 9/22 - resort day, MNSSHP
Mon 9/23 - 9/27 - cruise
Fri 9/27 - resort day at Poly, maybe go to Epcot for F&W stuff? idk
Saturday - ???, fly home

The only bummer is we won't be able to see HEA from the Poly lounge when we come back after debarkation...we get back on Friday 9/27, which is a party day, and leave on Saturday night. Still debating just watching it from the room during the first part of the trip since we have TPV. Idk if we're doing a dessert party again, I have to discuss it with my partner.

The only bummer is we won't be able to see HEA from the Poly lounge when we come back after debarkation...we get back on Friday 9/27, which is a party day, and leave on Saturday night. Still debating just watching it from the room during the first part of the trip since we have TPV. Idk if we're doing a dessert party again, I have to discuss it with my partner.
You would be able to watch the Halloween party fireworks from your resort.
I love those fireworks. :)

Now that party dates are released I can start to make a plan!

We will be at the BCV from 9/9 - 9/14. This is an adults only trip, celebrating my 60th birthday (a year late - life happens!)
This is what I'm thinking:

9/9 Arrival day - should arrive to the resort around lunchtime (haven't booked flights yet) It should be EEH at Epcot so lunch at the resort, get settled in the room then head to Epcot for dinner and EEH

9/10 this is a party day we are not planning to do the party but I have heard that the park is practically empty early on party days so MK it is in the morning, no set plan for lunch but head back to the resort in the afternoon, dinner possibly at one of the boardwalk restaurants then HS (may buy G+ and stack)

9/11 AK in the morning, back to resort in the afternoon, try for O'hana dinner reservation then MK for EEH

9/12 HS in the morning, back to the resort, Epcot for F&W

9/13 Back to which ever park we feel like we need more time at, back to resort to start packing, probably finish up at Epcot.

9/14 fly home - probably early - when the trip's over DH is done and wants to be home.

What do you think? I'm open to suggestions! I love planning and will probably come up with several versions before ADR day!

I really have not done a whole lot of extensive planning into which days are going to be which park for the most part, but I'm soooooo thrilled with the dates that were released because I know I definitely want to do the party twice -- I'm thinking I'll keep my ticket package at a 3-Day hopper, head to Disney Springs on my arrival day, and do the Tuesday and Friday parties during my week and leave Mon/Wed/Thur for park hopping!

I really have not done a whole lot of extensive planning into which days are going to be which park for the most part, but I'm soooooo thrilled with the dates that were released because I know I definitely want to do the party twice -- I'm thinking I'll keep my ticket package at a 3-Day hopper, head to Disney Springs on my arrival day, and do the Tuesday and Friday parties during my week and leave Mon/Wed/Thur for park hopping!
Sounds like a solid plan

We briefly thought about also doing the party when we get back to property but I really don’t think we’ll be able to handle it after having gotten up so early for debarkation that morning. I want that to be a chill out evening tbh

Partner shocked me with saying she wants to upgrade to an AP though. We were having issues adding days onto her existing ticket since the timeframe wouldn’t cover the 2 days when we get back from the cruise, and instead of paying an exorbitant price for ab additional 2 day ticket, she said she just wants an AP. It will work out better in the long run since we are going back in May and she will need a ticket then anyway. But now this will open up her being able to come with me for my solo weekend trips. 🥰 She actually said she’d been thinking about it for a long time, and has been a bit wistful about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter