• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can someone tell me what floor in WL has that sitting area with the fireplace? And there are some rooms opening out to it? I think it was 6th or 5th Floor but not sure. We have booked Courtyard View, and I would like to request that floor.

I am pretty sure it is the fifth if you are referring to the one above the front doors. The fourth has the exit balcony to the back.

Thanks ;)
One more question .... could you tell what the supposed fence that's supposed to go around the pool area looks like?

So, is that similar to playground equipment on the splash pad? My boys are in their 20s, so don't really know what splash pads look like.

So, is that similar to playground equipment on the splash pad? My boys are in their 20s, so don't really know what splash pads look like.

I think it looks like this ...
maxresdefault.jpg

Grand Floridian

Thanks ;)
One more question .... could you tell what the supposed fence that's supposed to go around the pool area looks like?

It was strange. Unlike poly you could see the construction. I could not see a permanent fence. Then again I didn't have a lot of time either.

It appears that a lot of the concrete has been poured. They were cutting it just now. The fence is a black metal material. The actual wall is still standing but all the trim between the pieces of wall and the top were removed today. The cast member that checked us in last weekend said that the pool will open before the play area.

Fireplaces:

Above the entrance doors (as referenced in prior posts) is a walkup area that has a largish sitting area, fireplace, working desks, and also the doorways to the patio that faces parking. This is on the 4th floor and looks to be the one in the photos above. It has a low ceiling, is quite cozy, and overlooks the lobby (and reindeer during Christmas).

Then if you go around to either side of the lobby, there is an additional staircase from 4th to 5th floor (and I believe again from 5th to 6th if you have CL access). When you get to the top of the staircase, go back toward the entrance side of the building and you are again at a different fireplace, just above the other. It is smaller and only has maybe 2 chairs. But there are lots of large windows up there to let in the light, and you are higher up, so the atmosphere is quite different from the 4th floor.

Of course, there is the very large fireplace in the lobby, and I believe one in the WCC. I don't know of any others.

If I'm thinking of the same fireplace you are describing, I believe it's above the main entrance doors. I think it's the 5th floor. We usually just take the stairs right outside Whispering Canyon.

6034bb5f.jpg

If so, (In the picture) it's the area above the lighted reindeers and smaller Christmas trees ... above the entrance doors where the two people are sitting.

I love this photo!!

The 2 people in this photo sitting behind the lighted garland are by the 5th floor fireplace. The stones and wood railing by the reindeer are where the stairs come up from the WCC to the 4th floor fireplace. It is much darker in that area.

There are at least two fireplaces in the villas. One is in the lobby and one in the Carolwood Pacific room

crookedfireplacemantel_zps814a9dcb.jpg

I found the fireplace in the lobby empty, so I quickly snapped a few pictures.

WLlobby_zps0f312b4b.jpg

and a close up of the fire screen
WLlobbyfireplace_zps842e0853.jpg

I have been obsessed with them because they are so unique.

I had been told last summer that they were going to put a fence up exactly like the one at the AK lodge.

Have you been bothered by people talking loudly while waiting for the elevator? That is the only reason I wouldn't like a room close to the elevator. But other than that, the view sounds great. :thumbsup2
I've seen pictures of the Poly decorations and I've heard that the train at the YC is up now. But it does make sense that the construction at some of the resorts would push back dates.

I agree with you about the location of the smoking area. They need to move it around the corner. Sometimes the smoke is really bad. :faint:

Thanks for the reports. :goodvibes

We were in room 5032 last year and I loved the location. There was only one time that we had a family of very loud talkers waiting for the elevator and the noise was irritating. Other than that, we didn't hear anyone else and the elevator itself wasn't loud.

I had been told last summer that they were going to put a fence up exactly like the one at the AK lodge.

Around the pool at AKL? I was there in August and for the life of me can't remember a fence around the pool.

I just asked DH and he said there is a fence but it's not obvious. I guess it's not. I sure don't remember walking through a gate to get to the pool. Shows how tired I was I guess

Thanks to all who replied. I am thinking of the area with the desks. So that is the 4th Floor? Do you think that a room next to this area (4th or 5th Floor) will get too much noise from WCC? I guess these are called the north and southside lobby woods view rooms. I booked the courtyard view, and now there are no more woods view available, sigh.

Fireplaces:

Above the entrance doors (as referenced in prior posts) is a walkup area that has a largish sitting area, fireplace, working desks, and also the doorways to the patio that faces parking. This is on the 4th floor and looks to be the one in the photos above. It has a low ceiling, is quite cozy, and overlooks the lobby (and reindeer during Christmas).

Then if you go around to either side of the lobby, there is an additional staircase from 4th to 5th floor (and I believe again from 5th to 6th if you have CL access). When you get to the top of the staircase, go back toward the entrance side of the building and you are again at a different fireplace, just above the other. It is smaller and only has maybe 2 chairs. But there are lots of large windows up there to let in the light, and you are higher up, so the atmosphere is quite different from the 4th floor.

Of course, there is the very large fireplace in the lobby, and I believe one in the WCC. I don't know of any others.

Hi all,

We're going to WL (our first visit!) in little over a week. Can't wait!! I've been reading the posts and they're a wealth of useful info. However, maybe it's just me but I'm confused what room to request. We're staying in a Courtyard Room with bunk beds and ideally don't want too much noise but recognize it may be unavoidable. Originally was thinking upper floor but then read somewhere that the balconies are closed in which my little one may not like. In looking at Touring Plans was thinking either NW or NE spots but am open to suggestions. Any recommendations including why you liked a particular spot? I'm sure every room is great but as it's a big trip for us I'd like it to be extra special. Many thanks in advance!

Hi all,

We're going to WL (our first visit!) in little over a week. Can't wait!! I've been reading the posts and they're a wealth of useful info. However, maybe it's just me but I'm confused what room to request. We're staying in a Courtyard Room with bunk beds and ideally don't want too much noise but recognize it may be unavoidable. Originally was thinking upper floor but then read somewhere that the balconies are closed in which my little one may not like. In looking at Touring Plans was thinking either NW or NE spots but am open to suggestions. Any recommendations including why you liked a particular spot? I'm sure every room is great but as it's a big trip for us I'd like it to be extra special. Many thanks in advance!

My daughter had room 3113 which was a courtyard view bunk bed room and really liked it. The room was close to the lobby and faced the upper springs of the inner courtyard. The third floor is nice because there are stairs nearby that take you right down to the walkway to Roaring Forks, the pools and the boat dock. It was a nice, quiet room. But you couldn't see Bay Lake from there, there were too many trees. A higher floor might have a better view.

We've had four rooms and the two that were close to the lobby were my favorite location. It seemed like we could get anywhere quickly from there. They didn't have great views, though, but they were quiet.

Make sure that one of your requests is an open balcony and that would help to avoid the enclosed balconies. :)

Thanks to all who replied. I am thinking of the area with the desks. So that is the 4th Floor? Do you think that a room next to this area (4th or 5th Floor) will get too much noise from WCC? I guess these are called the north and southside lobby woods view rooms. I booked the courtyard view, and now there are no more woods view available, sigh.

Yes. the desks are on 4.

As for the rooms, we had a south side lobby room on 5, second from the corner. Then you must turn the corner and get to the middle of the west side before you come to the sitting areas. There are no rooms on the west side. The sitting areas are small. Traffic may be more on the 4th floor, but the 5th floor traffic was quiet. The noise from the lobby, ambient music and WCC far outweigh any from people enjoying the view. But even that wasn't really a problem for us. It may be for a light sleeper or napping children.

There are a few standard rooms, many woods view (north and south lobby) and then some courtyard rooms ("Bear Face" which are East lobby). Request a bear face room (lobby view, upper inner courtyard) if you want the best chances of lobby and courtyard. Rooms are quite limited there, so I understand chances are slim. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter