(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your times to/from AK surprise me, was there anything unusual about those rides? Trying to determine if renting a car is a better option to save some time. My patience for longer bus rides is minimal, especially when heading TO the parks! ;)

Edit: referring to your second trip to AK. Thanks

I think that their AK time is average. When we took the bus to AK from WL it stopped at GF and then at Blizzard Beach before going to AK. It is a long ride since going to the GF adds some time. I have only gone to AK from WL once and it took more than a half hour.

Interesting data. What strikes me is the difference in travel times to AK. You were there quickly one day and the other the trip was so slow. What were the dates of these trips? Do you remember what caused it to be so slow the second day? It just seems crazy to me that the trip took 20ish minutes one day, but over double the time the other.

AK was for sure our longest ride. I didn't recall what had happened to make this one se long but I asked my other traveling partners and they reminded me that on that trip we had a driver who was under instruction from another driver on the bus.

Honestly the time isn't an issue and for us it was good to taken home not having to get to the car, drive park etc. I guess for us being from Australia I try and avoid driving in the US as much as I can so I may be biased

The times were taken in the first half of November 2013. I edited my original post to include this info no - thanks.

Very nice! Can I post your chart to the TRANSPORTATION chapter of the thread?

Sure no problems! hope it helps out some people

The lobby stake-out is tonight, right? One can bring the marshmallows, one bring the chocolate, and one bring the graham crackers. The three of you can have a s'mores party while you wait. Does anyone there now know what the scaffolding is all about?
Hahaha, does a s'mores cupcake from Roaring Fork count? Cause those looked mighty tempting just now. Stake out begins now for me; I've got my spot, got my cocoa, now all I need if for something to happen! The furniture's still in place like yesterday, so I hope that's not an indicator.

To all of you staking out the lobby tonight: please post some pics! I so wish we could be there this time of year! Can't wait to see how amazing it all looks!pixiedust:

To all of you staking out the lobby tonight: please post some pics! I so wish we could be there this time of year! Can't wait to see how amazing it all looks!pixiedust:

Capttigger is working on that as I'm typing this. We will try to get some pics posted soon. Stay tuned....

You guys are too cute! Did you meet up?

Thanks for doing the recon for all of us "holiday season" guests who can't wait to see the WL all done up right!

11pm on Sunday the 23rd and the tree is going up as I type this. Looking forward to tomorrow morning :)

Hahaha, does a s'mores cupcake from Roaring Fork count? Cause those looked mighty tempting just now. Stake out begins now for me; I've got my spot, got my cocoa, now all I need if for something to happen! The furniture's still in place like yesterday, so I hope that's not an indicator.

Truck in the driveway full of Christmas decorations

We are in front of whispering canyon in the high back chairs

You guys are all definitely awesomely amazing!!!:goodvibes

What fun!!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing the pics too!!!!:grouphug:

Just posted by Touring Plans on Twitter...

Four tractor trailer's in the driveway of the lodge filled with decorations, Christmas arrives at WL tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter