(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

:blush: WELL!!! The whole trip is very very!!! SPECIAL!! didnt go into every detail.. Looking foward to New Fantsyland. Its always great to be there... No I'm not a fishing person like my husband.. I'd rather be shopping or doing something else.. Were JUST two big kids when were there... and Staying in Wilderness Lodge is gonna be a Special Treat in itself...:goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

Is anyone else having trouble getting into the Disney website to look at their reservations. Their asking me questions and when its time to go to the next page it wont go...:confused3

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

There's probably a dozen or so threads on the DIS with people complaining about all the trouble they're having with the new site.

5. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

It's not letting me do online check in and I can only pull up some of my room reservations. I can pull up all my dining reservations and also book/cancel them. :confused3

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:love:
    You'll be in only one of four rooms. Did you make a request for South or North Wing? There are two in each and the North faces toward the MK, castle, CR (I would request it) and the two South rooms face toward VWL and the bus stop area.

Remember that time you stayed in one?!:goodvibes

It's must be so dissatisfying to not be able to see your reservations and make reservations, changes, etc... I'm sorry so many are having trouble:furious::badpc:

7. Dr Ken

Dr Ken Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!

We'll be staying at a WL Honeymoon Room in April, looking forward to hearing what u think of it.

8. sunset714

sunset714 Earning My Ears

Hi, Thank you for all the information about the WL. It is our favorite hotel in the world. We are planning a summer trip with 3 adults, a six year old and a 2 year old. Can we still stay in 1 br villa? I thought you could have 5 in a room if the child was under 3, but it will not let me book it online. Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times, I looked but didn't find it.:)

Kristen

9. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

The site is wonky at the moment, its new and FULL of bugs. Try calling instead.

10. CDolacki2003

CDolacki2003 DIS Veteran

We just changed our reservation from PORFQ to here for our October stay. We are coming 10/26 -11/3 and cannot wait. We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary with our good friend who will be celebrating their 30th. We are not telling our hubbies about the change and its going to be a great surprise!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. WDWKOOK

Welcome to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread! pas130 stayed last year and hopefully she will offer her opinion:listen:

:welcome: Kristen to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread!

The maximum capacity of the one bedroom villa is 4 adults and one child under 3 in a crib. Your group will just fit:)

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Congratulations on your change. It sure will be a wonderful surprise! Do you think you can keep it a secret that long?

12. disnmooner2013

disnmooner2013 DIS Veteran

WDWKOOK thanks I will request a honeymoon room on the North Wing. Should I do that with the regular Disney phone number (where I booked the reservation) or call the club level phone number? Dr Ken let me know what you think of the room when you come back in April

13. crznut

crznut Mouseketeer

Checking in monday. Wohoo! Very excited! Celebrating 25th anniversary. Stayed at Old faithful Inn on honeymoon. The lodge is remarkably similar!

Question, does the Roaring Forks cafe have a microwave for guests to use?

Hoping the weather will be warm enough for swimming. Thanks for al the information shared here! :)

Crznut

14. disnmooner2013

yes they have a microwave you can use

15. WDWKOOK

The quickest and easiest way to make a CL request is to email the IPO. You'll receive a robo response almost immediately, then a human response usually the same day. Just include you reservation # and last name in the subject heading or you can just reply to the welcome ("Howdy") email you should have received from them after booking.

The pool takes some getting used to in colder weather (but, kids don't seem to mind), but I never got used to getting out of even the hot tub:cold:. Just have some warm clothes waiting nearby that you can throw on to head back to your room and having a sunny spot for your lounge chair helps, too.

:thumbsup2
    Yes, it's right by the condiments in the seating area.

16. crznut

crznut Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies!

Crznut

17. WDWKOOK

Anytime!

18. disnmooner2013

WDWKOOK I sent an e-mail to IPO about wanting a honeymoon room in the North Wing with Magic Kingdom View. However, I did not get back an automatic response. Should I resend the e-mail? What is their e-mail address?

19. coconutprincess

coconutprincess DIS Veteran

Hello.

We are getting ready to book our Sept trip at WL again. I remember after my last trip in 2011, I heard all the rooms were being renovated. Did that ever happen, and is there a link to the new pictures anywhere?

20. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

DH still misses "our room" Me too!!!

I stayed in a honeymoon room in August..it was incredible! So much so we cancelled our gf king room!! The cl cms are fantastic! It very relaxed and its secluded sharing the hall with one other suite. One warning..getting in and out of the tub was a pain...I'm vertically challenged and you have to step over the side. I loved the lodge and the 7th floor. Congrats!!

21. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

Only 9 more days until we leave
    I wish we were there now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.