(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something so nostalgic to me about the MK Resorts Area - it's the original resort area and you can hear the MK train whistling through the air and see Bay Lake and the monorail running through the CR - nothing better:thumbsup2

And the whistle of the boats!!! :rolleyes1

We leave 1 week from Today! I cannot wait. i think time is going slower...yet I know once we are there it will fly by!

Great TR, CaliKT! Glad you had such a great time.

I just made a deposit for a Thanksgiving trip for this year. We'll be staying five days in a deluxe room. I'm not even going to worry about it being eleven months away. Time seems to fly for me anymore.
Yippee! What's there to worry about:confused3. Plenty of time for anticipating, but no worries.

We are almost exactly 6 months away from our 25th Anniversary celebration at our beloved WL Old Faithful Club!:cool1:

Will IPO email us automatically or do we need to email them? If we email them, what do we say.... Hi, get ready here we come??? :goodvibes

I seem to remember last time they never emailed us so we did a few weeks before we arrived.

Thanks!!!!:cloud9:
Some will and some won't, there seems to be no rhyme or reason, so it's best to just email them and let them know if you have any requests or need any help or just to warn them:laughing:

Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH WDWKOOK I THINK I HAD THE WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS BECAUSE I RE-SENT TO THE ONE YOU GAVE ME AND GOT BACK AN AUTOMATIC RESPONSE THIS TIME.
You're welcome and I hope you've heard back from them by now.

And the whistle of the boats!!! :rolleyes1
I love your boat whistle smiley;)

We leave 1 week from Today! I cannot wait. i think time is going slower...yet I know once we are there it will fly by!
:yay: Soon you won't even be able to sleep you'll be so excited:goodvibes

I am so excited to be on this thread since we officially moved our reservation to WL. We are going to be there for Halloween, October 26th to November 3rd. I cannot wait to stay here as I have always stayed at CBR. We had breakfast at Whispering Canyon in June and my DH and I fell in love with it:love:. He thinks we are trying POR-FQ, wont he be suprised. I am hoping he does not pay attention to the luggage tags, I am usually the keeper of the paperwork and chief vacation planner:rolleyes1, and would love to keep him out of the loop until we pull up. I think it might be blown at ME though.

I am so excited to be on this thread since we officially moved our reservation to WL. We are going to be there for Halloween, October 26th to November 3rd. I cannot wait to stay here as I have always stayed at CBR. We had breakfast at Whispering Canyon in June and my DH and I fell in love with it:love:. He thinks we are trying POR-FQ, wont he be suprised. I am hoping he does not pay attention to the luggage tags, I am usually the keeper of the paperwork and chief vacation planner:rolleyes1, and would love to keep him out of the loop until we pull up. I think it might be blown at ME though.
If your DH is anything like mine, he won't notice a thing until you tell him it's time to get off the bus. He'll probably just think ME is stopping at WL for some other guests. Won't he be surprised:goodvibes. You'll have to make a WCC ADR for him;)

Hi! We have never stayed club level before. We are actually in a deluxe room but will have access to it. I have seen the menus for it but wanted to know if they are the exact same or if they change from time to time. And is the breakfast the same everyday?
Also, can you bring food from Roaring Forks and sit at the tables on club level? I have 5 kids and some may want a waffle or eggs sometimes or a burger in the evening. And some may want what is offered at the Old Faithful Club.

Thanks!

lsumommaof4 said:
Hi! We have never stayed club level before. We are actually in a deluxe room but will have access to it. I have seen the menus for it but wanted to know if they are the exact same or if they change from time to time. And is the breakfast the same everyday?
Also, can you bring food from Roaring Forks and sit at the tables on club level? I have 5 kids and some may want a waffle or eggs sometimes or a burger in the evening. And some may want what is offered at the Old Faithful Club.

Thanks!

I found that the breakfast was the same in Aug and Dec. the evening offerings were also about the same. They occasionally will have something new that they test but I would expect what you have seen.

I've tried reading all the posts, but they are starting to look alike:rotfl2: and since I am new to this forum, I thought I would just ask. Can you request a microwave for your regular room? :confused3

thanks so much

I've tried reading all the posts, but they are starting to look alike:rotfl2: and since I am new to this forum, I thought I would just ask. Can you request a microwave for your regular room? :confused3

thanks so much
:welcome: to the WL/VWL thread. All the DVC rooms have a microwave, but not the WL rooms. I haven't heard anyone mention for a long time that they were able to request a microwave. There is a microwave at Roaring Fork near the condiments in the dining area.

I hope you have a wonderful stay!

Thanks for the reply, we are debating right now where to stay (because of the new "sale" prices) so this is one of our possibilities.

Thanks for the reply, we are debating right now where to stay (because of the new "sale" prices) so this is one of our possibilities.
Oooo, resort pickin':hyper:. What's in contention and where have you stayed?

In 2007, Old Key West, we were originally supposed to stay at Animal Kingdom but that was when the construction had started on the new stuff there and we didn't want all that.

1995, Dixie Landings, now Port Orleans - Riverside.

Before that we've stayed offsite.

There are a lot of mitigating factors on where we choose, our choices right now are:

Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club
Animal Kingdom

We should decide by the end of Feb after my hubby schedules his vacation at work, can't make any definate plans until then.

In 2007, Old Key West, we were originally supposed to stay at Animal Kingdom but that was when the construction had started on the new stuff there and we didn't want all that.

1995, Dixie Landings, now Port Orleans - Riverside.

Before that we've stayed offsite.

There are a lot of mitigating factors on where we choose, our choices right now are:

Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club
Animal Kingdom

We should decide by the end of Feb after my hubby schedules his vacation at work, can't make any definate plans until then.
Out of those options, I would choose either WL or POR (Dixie Landings;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter