(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo Review and I am wondering how long it will take to get from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness? Are they in the same area? How do we get from place A to B.
Just adding that you can't take a bus to HDDR from the boat dock, but as was already posted, it is a very quick and pleasant walk. The walk to HDDR from WL/VWL is also very pleasant, but much longer. We like to walk there and then take the boat back when it's dark. There also is a bus if you don't want to boat or walk.

Kook, can't wait until June 2 when we get to try the deluxe club level room for the first time. Have stayed at WL several times (I have,but not my 4 granddaughters who are accompanying me), but never tried the OFC. We'll only be there a couple of nights before we move on to Boardwalk (my favorite), but am really looking forward to WL.
Welcome! I think your DGDs will love WL and you will love the OFC. I hope you'll be able to post a little TR for us. Your trip is coming up soon - have you started packing?

Hello Everyone... Staying at WL in dec... can't wait. I have a few questions...

1) What are good activities around the resort for younger children?
2) How long is the Bus ride to Hollywood Studio's
3) HOw do you get to the chip n' dale smores event?
4) how long does it take to get to the contemporary via boat.
5) do they ever stop running the boats?

Thanks... cant wait for our trip... first time staying at a disney property =)
:wave2:

Neat, you should have a great trip. I'll chime in with a few answers based upon our experiences at WL, and I am sure others will join in as well.

There are afternoon pool parties at the main pool every day. There is also a shallow kiddie pool right next to the main pool. There is also a hidden mickey hunt where you can go around the resort with a sheet to guide you in looking for them. You can get the sheet at the front desk or from here. There is also a small playground by the beach, and sand to play in at the beach, but swimming in the lake is not allowed. Finally there are bike rentals, and you can ride them on the trails that lead over toward Fort Wilderness.

In our experience it was about a 10-15 minute ride, with a stop at the Grand Floridian to pick up additional guests. From WL HS is one of the longer rides, but not terrible.

I believe this is the smores event at Fort Wilderness, and to get there you can either take a boat or bus from WL to FW (which is 5 minute trip on the bus or 5 or 10 minutes on a boat depending on whether it stops at CR first), or it is about a 15 minute walk through the woods between the resorts (so some people may not want to do it at night). Once you are at the Settlement area of FW (where the boat docks and Hoop De Doo are), you can ride any internal FW bus to the park in the middle of FW, and that is where the smores event is. The FW bus drivers will help make sure you get the right stop, and it is a pretty short ride (less than 5 min) but to walk it would be at least half a mile from the Settlement area.

If the boat is headed from WL to CR it is about a 4-5 minute ride, but the same boats also go the other direction, so if that's the case it could stop at FW first then go to CR, makining it about a 10 minute ride.

The Blue Flag boats, which run in a loop between WL, CR, and FW run from 6:55AM to 11:30 PM every day. The boat to MK has different hours that are based on MK park hours.

You should have a great time, and you picked an AWESOME resort. We love it.
Thanks for posting such thorough answers:thumbsup2

Hello!

For anyone that recently stayed at the WL - is the Shampoo and Conditioner combined, or separate bottles that they provide. We are staying in a standard room (NON club level). I also assume they provide bar soap for the shower.

Thanks.
All rooms have the same H2O toiletries: Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion and two bars of soap:

IMG_2396.jpg

Good thing the Presidential will be all spruced up just in time for us. :thumbsup2

:rotfl:
:rotfl2:...And the Vice-Presidential;)

Unless it has changed very recently, shampoo and conditioner in separate bottles. Mickey soap is waiting for you at the sinks and in the shower.

I would love it if anyone knows the wattage of the hair drier (I'm asking for DD cuz mean mom says we don't need to pack one!). :hyper:
Dear Mean Mom:

Tell DD that KOOK says they are 1875 watts of AWESOME DRYING POWER! And that her very own picky 14-year-old (and her 45-year-old mom) have long hair and find it works really well and we never bring our hair dryer to WDW. BTW, you aren't mean, you're practical;)

I'm sold, Kook!!!!!!:woohoo:
Phew, I didn't think YOU of all people would be convinced to stay at WL/CL:rotfl:

Hi All, we will be leaving on Saturday for WDW!!! It is a present to my niece, she is graduating HS tomorrow. It will also be her very first time at WDW. She is so excited. I have been countless times to WDW and always look forward to going back. I have also stayed at WL 6 times over the years and do love it. I was just wondering if we couple be added to the Lodge Log.

Thank you,

Laura
Welcome, Laura and what a fantastic gift to your niece:goodvibes. You will be the perfect tour guide for her and can show her WDW and WL like a pro. I hope you'll check back with us and let us know what her first impressions were and her favorite activities. I would be happy to add you to the Lodger's Log - do you want me to post your departure date?

:rotfl2:...And the Vice-Preseidential;)

:thumbsup2

Dear Mean Mom:

Tell DD that KOOK says they are 1875 watts of AWSOME DRYING POWER! And that her very own picky 14-year-old (and her 45-year-old mom) have long hair and find it works really well and we never bring our hair dryer to WDW. BTW, you aren't mean, you're practical;)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Phew, I didn't think YOU of all people would be convinced to stay at WL/CL:rotfl:

:p

:flower3:

Delurking for a moment to announce that we've hit the 40 day mark to our trip! Can't wait!

Good for you....come back and tell us all how you liked it! I'm not too far behind you and this will be my first visit to the WL, so I am very interested.:cool1:

Good for you....come back and tell us all how you liked it! I'm not too far behind you and this will be my first visit to the WL, so I am very interested.:cool1:

This is our first trip to WL and in fact our first ever trip to WDW. I'm so ready to put the planning and prep into action. I spend too much time looking at WL photos!

Welcome, Laura and what a fantastic gift to your niece:goodvibes. You will be the perfect tour guide for her and can show her WDW and WL like a pro. I hope you'll check back with us and let us know what her first impressions were and her favorite activities. I would be happy to add you to the Lodger's Log - do you want me to post your departure date?[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is a quick trip as we only planned it last week. So the dates are May 18-23. I will come back and tell you all what she thought.

Laura

This is such a silly question, but we booked a 1br villa. Do they still have the H20 products?

4 more Mondays until we're off!

Delurking for a moment to announce that we've hit the 40 day mark to our trip! Can't wait!

:cool1::thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2

And I seem to be right behind YOU! :cheer2:

This is our first trip to WL and in fact our first ever trip to WDW. I'm so ready to put the planning and prep into action. I spend too much time looking at WL photos!

Now THAT'S impossible. May be time to move into the videos tho! :thumbsup2

Have a Magical trip!!!! :flower3:

Kook - we have booked our airline tickets for our December trip, so you might want to update the lodger's log. Our dates are now Nov 30th to Dec 5th, 2013. :goodvibes

We are only going to make dinner reservations at three places, and then hit the Territory Lounge and some other places for more casual dinner choices. It was really hard for me not to book more reservations, since there are so many good places to eat. But the thing we hated last time we went was having too making ADR's. My DH is happier now that I stopped planning our meals. ;)

Is there a business center in the Lodge? I'd like to print out my touring plans on site if possible so that they are as up to date as possible.

:wave:
Your NEW and IMPROVED WL/VWL thread has been posted HERE. Please post to the new thread as this thread will close soon.

Notable changes: I've added a hyperlinked table of contents and re-organized the information. The Lodgers' Log and LODGE NEWS is in Post #1. There are also a few Vice Presidential Suite photos now.​

Yippee and it's nice to have you de-lurked.

Come check out the new thread!

This is such a silly question, but we booked a 1br villa. Do they still have the H20 products?

4 more Mondays until we're off!
Not silly and yes, they have the same toiletries.

Kook - we have booked our airline tickets for our December trip, so you might want to update the lodger's log. Our dates are now Nov 30th to Dec 5th, 2013. :goodvibes

We are only going to make dinner reservations at three places, and then hit the Territory Lounge and some other places for more casual dinner choices. It was really hard for me not to book more reservations, since there are so many good places to eat. But the thing we hated last time we went was having too making ADR's. My DH is happier now that I stopped planning our meals. ;)
I will update it:)

Is there a business center in the Lodge? I'd like to print out my touring plans on site if possible so that they are as up to date as possible.
There isn't a BC, but you can ask the lobby concierge for assistance and they should be able to print them for you.

Thanks so much for your increadible and huge effort you put into this thread. We will be at the Fort wilderness Lodge again from July 18 - 21, before we set sail on a cruise on the Dream.

Is it possible to select a certain resort area when we finalise the e-checkin on the website? We have booked a woods view room and hope to get a glimpse on MK.

Kook! Another amazing thread!

Almost embarrassed to admit that I'll be taking ANOTHER trip to the World this year....headed to WL 6/7-9th. Expiring air passes and the annual pass just cost me a beautiful weekend at the WL! Woohoo! Hope little Rapunzel likes it!

Now trying to find a place for 6/6 - WL was too pricey. So I guess it is a quick trip/split stay....

Your new and improved WL/VWL thread is located HERE. Please do not post to this thread as it will be closed soon.

Thank you,

Management:badpc:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts