(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

The hubs and I will be staying at the CR Sept. 8-12 before going on the Dream for 3 days. This will be our 2nd stay at CR. The first was when we were first dating in 1994! It was my first time at WDW and we chose the CR. I loved staying right where the monorail was. This time we are there for his work conference so we won't be doing the parks. But no worries, we just did a family trip this past Dec. and spent 4 days in the parks. I get to bum around while he attends his "classes".

So, a heads up for those of you staying there Sept. 9-11. There is a large Project Management Conference during those days and the official accommodations are at the CR.

You got me seriously looking at that conference.

Timing is awful with us taking a cruise on the Fantasy a week and a half later. Would have to fly back and forth....

We are staying at BLT for Marathon weekend in January and I'm worried about getting to the parks for early breakfast reservations those 2 mornings? How do the busses (to AK and DHS) get out since the runners are on the road right there? Can you still walk to MK or do you have to take the monorail all the way around?

We are staying at BLT for Marathon weekend in January and I'm worried about getting to the parks for early breakfast reservations those 2 mornings? How do the busses (to AK and DHS) get out since the runners are on the road right there? Can you still walk to MK or do you have to take the monorail all the way around?

We were there for PHM in Feb and stayed at CR...roads do close during the race and believe the closings start early, early a.m. And last until I think 8ish (tried to find some info in the stuff I kept but nothing other than closures start as early as 11 p.m. Saturday night ) I will say DH and I ran past BLT/CR around 7:15 a.m. And the roads were closed to normal traffic.

You can walk to MK from BLT and take monorail. Be prepared for LOTS and LOTS of people as many runners have families that are cheering them on so more crowded than usual.

A little something from my vacation. I added the sombrero to make it more festive...

Thanks for answering questions and keeping the thread off page two a while longer:thumbsup2

Hi, Please add us to the BLT, trying a studio this time.. September 24-29, before the Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise (our first!). Deb and Jed
Will do, Deb and Jed:)

Hi all. My teen daughter and I are staying at the Grand Floridian this year, but next year we're travelling with 2 family members and we've decided on the Contemporary! Exciting! We will be reserving Garden Wing/garden view rooms to help budget a longer trip (12 days). I have a question. Well, two questions.

1. If we request adjoining rooms, do they also have adjoining patios? That would be very cool!
If they are connecting (with a connecting door) or adjoining (next to each other) and on the ground floor, the patios will be next to each other.

2. Is there any advantage to facing the pool, or facing Bay Lake? I know we'll have a blast in any situation, but I like to plan ahead... I'm a teacher... which means constant micro-manager. Any tips welcome.
In terms of patios, no. But in terms of view and easy access to the beach, yes. The view of Bay Lake is amazing and on the first page I have photos of a Bay Lake facing GW room (and patio). The rooms that face the pool and grassy area are slightly closer to the CR's entrance.

Have a great day!!!!!
Welcome to the thread! Answers are above in red.

Add me to the logorail, please! Blt tpv studio, 2/2/14- 2/7/14. Excited!
Welcome to the thread and I'd be happy to add you!

Have a wonderful vacation! :flower3:

Thanks for the link to Corey's video. Off to watch it now!

edited to add: LOVED the video. (And the music!) Can't wait to stay there next week! Thanks again for sharing.
Thank you, we're having a great vacation and I'm glad you enjoyed the video:)

Have a wonderful time kook!
Thanks, disneynanacat!

Welcome, Soccer Princess!

So we are booked at CR in a tower room bay lake view Sept 8-15.. Stayed in one back in Nov 2011 for a night. We were originally booked at POFQ then upgraded to BWI now moved to CR with a Room Only discount.
Im pretty excited about being back on the monorail line and in the MK area!

A little concerned now that I read there will be a conference at CR at the same time, but at least its only 3 days of our trip...

Questions:
1) Can you refill mugs at the pool bar (main pool)
2) have all the rooms been refurbed to the cheese wheel pillow themes? lol
3) How much more crowded do the conferences make the resort?
4) Is there a bay lake view tower room you would suggest asking for?

So we are booked at CR in a tower room bay lake view Sept 8-15.. Stayed in one back in Nov 2011. We were originally booked at POFQ then upgraded to BWI now moved to CR with a Room Only discount.
Im pretty excited about being back on the monorail line and in the MK area!

A little concerned now that I read there will be a conference at CR at the same time, but at least its only 3 days of our trip...

Questions:
1) what floor is the monorail access on again?
2) Can you refill mugs at the pool bar (main pool)
3) have all the rooms been refurbed to the cheese wheel pillow themes? lol
4) How much more crowded do the conferences make the resort?

1. To access the monorail you take escalator on the 4th floor (main concourse).
2. I believe so, but hopeful someone else will confirm.
3. All the tower rooms have been refurb'd. I believe the garden wing is still being completed.
4. I really did not notice the resort any busier with a conference going on (except at check in).

Congrats to being back on the monorail line!!!! We absolutely love CR!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anyone know if there are any Bay Lake Tower Rooms I should request?

Also the 4th floor deck how do you get to it and is it for any CR Guest?

Hey everyone! I'm just browsing through the post to see how Contemporary is. My boyfriend and I have stayed in Poly and AKL and LOVED AKL but I wanna try another resort next time. Does anyone just stay in the Contemporary every time they go? I'm just scared we'll pick a different resort and miss AKL. But I want a monorail resort since it's the Food and Wine festival and we wanna catch the Eat to the Beat concert while we are there in October!!!

I've only stayed at CR once & at first the lobby and rest of resort really reminded me of an airport but then we walked into the room and was blown away!

The rooms are huge! Granted I've only stayed in the tower so the view was also wonderful! Being on the monorail line is great!!

We were booked at BWI but yesterday I got a wild hair and checked prices for CR & it was only $352 more in a tower room for 7 nights so we switched, MK is our fave area to stay in ( stayed Poly & GF a couple times) the views in the MK area just can't be beat & the convenience of the monorail makes the whole trip so much more relaxed since we take afternoon breaks to swim & relax ( adult only trips)

Stayed AKL I love the lobby & the gift shop & the animals ( we had Arusha view) but I wasn't impressed with the room at all!

BC was horrible! Unless they do a rehab ill never go back, very worn dirty carpets, in hall & room, chipped furniture, dirty walls & unfriendly CMs! Oh not to mention trash left on balcony left by last occupants housekeeping never cleaned during our stay! This was CL too!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Is the 4th floor deck for anyone to go out on? Does it get pretty crowded?

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Does the pool at CR get a lot of shade from the tower or is it blazing hot out there in the sun??? It looks like it is pretty exposed. What are your experiences? Thanks! :goodvibes

Question about BLT....

When you use the crossway to go from BLT to CR do you end up on the floor where the monorail access is?
Thanks!

Question about BLT....

When you use the crossway to go from BLT to CR do you end up on the floor where the monorail access is?
Thanks!

You end up on the same floor as the shops and restaurants, you still have to go up the escalator to get to the monorail.

Thanks! I have a daughter who has had multiple brain and spinal surgeries and we are going to try to save her some steps every way we can. She has a wheelchair she can use , but hates to use it unless she absolultely has to . :)

Thanks! I have a daughter who has had multiple brain and spinal surgeries and we are going to try to save her some steps every way we can. She has a wheelchair she can use , but hates to use it unless she absolultely has to . :)

There is also a elevator to the monorail platform..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter