(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm just browsing through the post to see how Contemporary is. My boyfriend and I have stayed in Poly and AKL and LOVED AKL but I wanna try another resort next time. Does anyone just stay in the Contemporary every time they go? I'm just scared we'll pick a different resort and miss AKL. But I want a monorail resort since it's the Food and Wine festival and we wanna catch the Eat to the Beat concert while we are there in October!!!
We bought at Bay Lake Tower in 2011 since we tend to go at wine and food festival time and found that being on a monorail resort is great so we can ENJOY wine and food and not have to worry about driving. The conveinence of being at CR/BLT will help make you not miss AKL !

I have a question regarding Atrium CL MKV. Looking at a few different resorts for a few nights in December, with the CR being one of the possibilities. I was wondering if Atrium CL MKV rooms are usually offered with a discount? I was originally looking at a regular TPV, but then starting researching CL. I thought the difference between CL BLV and CL MKV would be more than it is, but the difference is really minimal. I know getting BLV and having the view from the lounge is the best of both worlds, but I would really love a MKV room :cloud9:. For those that have stayed CL MKV, were you able to snag it with a discount? And would you book it again or would you opt to save the money and book BLV CL next time? TIA :flower3:.

We have seen the CL BLV with a discount. Not sure about the CL MKV.

We prefer BLV. It is so beautiful all the time. No parking lot view like MKV has. When the fireworks comes on we just go on the fire escape (put a tray to leave the door open) like everyone else does and go back to our room and enjoy the water view again.

We have seen the CL BLV with a discount. Not sure about the CL MKV.

We prefer BLV. It is so beautiful all the time. No parking lot view like MKV has. When the fireworks comes on we just go on the fire escape (put a tray to leave the door open) like everyone else does and go back to our room and enjoy the water view again.

What fire escape?

Just wanted to provide a mini report on our stay at BLT. We stayed 5 nights at the Swan followed by 4 nights at BLT (1 BR – standard view). I had rented points 11 months ago through a DIS member on the rent/trade sub-forum.

We checked in around noon not expecting the room to be ready (I debated doing online check-in, but decided against it). I told the CM at the front desk that my only request was not to be on the first floor (I had read about the lack of sheer curtains and I really didn't want the first floor for that reason). Much to our surprise, our room was ready!!

First of all, I love the décor and the artwork – totally up my alley. I was really impressed even walking down the hallways. Then we entered the room. It was even nicer than I imagined. Absolutely loved it! It was clean, spacious, and just beautiful.

I had asked the CM who had walked us in about the observation deck at CR and that I had heard (read here on this thread) that only part of it was opened right now. She confirmed that but said that we could watch fireworks from TOTWL as long as we were staying on points (even if not DVC members). The check-in CM overheard that and said we would need to check just to make sure, BUT, our cards do say “DVC” on them, so she felt pretty confident that they would allow us up. I still wasn't counting on it. After we returned from HDDR and a quick tour of WL, we headed to the desk to see about TOTWL. I explained that we weren't members and no worries if we couldn't access it, but she looked at my card and said it was okay because “DVC” was on my card. Woo hoo!!! So excited!! I didn't go into the lounge at all since it was so close to Wishes time (sent DH in to get drinks), but it was awesome watching the fireworks from up there. So grateful we got to experience it.

We were in room 7335 (south/inner C) and this was the view from our balcony (which was gorgeous to me and more than I expected to get):

I really, really loved everything about this resort, however, I don’t think I can pull off paying for 9 nights there (which is how long we stay) unless we stayed in a studio and I think it will just be too small for our family of 4. I don’t want to do a split-stay next time – I want to settle in. We normally stay in the Epcot resorts area (which I love just a little more than the MK resorts area) and will try to rent points at BWV next trip – I’m not stoked about the look/décor, though.

Anyhow, for anyone on the fence about BLT, it’s wonderful. We all loved it so much!

Total opposite end of Chef Mickeys, there is out door fire escapes at the end of every floor. You could see them from the 4th floor viewing deck. Lost of people are on them during the fire works.

Oh cool! Thanks!!! Ill have to check it out!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

We were in room 7335 (south/inner C) and this was the view from our balcony (which was gorgeous to me and more than I expected to get):

Ahh, I see you got the much sought after cloud view room :lmao: :thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed it, since the inner rooms can be a bit weird sometimes, since you generally are able to look into the rooms on the opposite side. :bitelip: Crazy people stay at Disney, sometimes. :joker:

I'm also glad you were able to see Wishes from the Top of the World! :thumbsup2 It is a great way to see the fireworks.

Ahh, I see you got the much sought after cloud view room :lmao: :thumbsup2 Glad you enjoyed it, since the inner rooms can be a bit weird sometimes, since you generally are able to look into the rooms on the opposite side. :bitelip: Crazy people stay at Disney, sometimes. :joker:

Aren't you just a little breath of sweetened up ridicule. I think you might just be one of those crazy people at Disney sometimes looking into others rooms. :lmao:

I'm back from vacation and of course, I'm way behind on all my favorite threads, but I'll be back to multi-quote later:flower3:. Thanks to all who answered questions and kept the thread off page 2:surfweb:

Made a change while on vacation:rolleyes1. DH had me calling daily for Atrium Club (happy to oblige), but it still isn't available with the AP or military rate. But, I was able to book WL-CL with the military discount:worship:. Six weeks from today we arrive at our favorite Lodge. We're still on Bay Lake and just a Sea Raycer ride away from CR/BLT and the CC:thumbsup2

I'm back from vacation and of course, I'm way behind on all my favorite threads, but I'll be back to multi-quote later:flower3:. Thanks to all who answered questions and kept the thread off page 2:surfweb:

Made a change while on vacation:rolleyes1. DH had me calling daily for Atrium Club (happy to oblige), but it still isn't available with the AP or military rate. But, I was able to book WL-CL with the military discount:worship:. Six weeks from today we arrive at our favorite Lodge. We're still on Bay Lake and just a Sea Raycer ride away from CR/BLT and the CC:thumbsup2

Hi KOOK :wave2:.....hope you had a great vacation. I'm sorry you weren't able to get Atrium Club, but congrats on getting WL CL :goodvibes. Six weeks will go by quick and you will be relaxing at the lodge before you know it :cloud9:.

I had asked the CM who had walked us in about the observation deck at CR and that I had heard (read here on this thread) that only part of it was opened right now. She confirmed that but said that we could watch fireworks from TOTWL as long as we were staying on points (even if not DVC members). The check-in CM overheard that and said we would need to check just to make sure, BUT, our cards do say “DVC” on them, so she felt pretty confident that they would allow us up. I still wasn't counting on it. After we returned from HDDR and a quick tour of WL, we headed to the desk to see about TOTWL. I explained that we weren't members and no worries if we couldn't access it, but she looked at my card and said it was okay because “DVC” was on my card. Woo hoo!!! So excited!! I didn't go into the lounge at all since it was so close to Wishes time (sent DH in to get drinks), but it was awesome watching the fireworks from up there. So grateful we got to experience it.

That's awesome! I was asking about this very thing a while back, and no one really knew about the policies for renting points. I just want to double check, but your KTW card, even though you had rented someone's points, still showed your name and what not on a DVC KTW card? Just want to make sure since DGF and I will be staying there on my boss's points Jan 31st.

Also, thanks for the update! The view DOES look awesome!

That's awesome! I was asking about this very thing a while back, and no one really knew about the policies for renting points. I just want to double check, but your KTW card, even though you had rented someone's points, still showed your name and what not on a DVC KTW card? Just want to make sure since DGF and I will be staying there on my boss's points Jan 31st.

Anytime someone stays on points, whether they're their own points or now, the code on the KTTW card will read room-only A02 (or whatever the DVC code is).

Doing a split stay in January '14. January 3-12 at CSR and January 13-18 in a CR BL view tower room. My parents think we are staying in the Garden Wing.. I love secrets :goodvibes

I am looking to rent points for BLT in October, 2014. It's difficult to find DVC BLT owners interested in renting points so I may have to go with another resort owner and try to get reservations 7 months out. We'll need a 2 bedroom villa with no view preference.

Has anyone here had experience booking at the 7 month mark? Your input would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking to rent points for BLT in October, 2014. It's difficult to find DVC BLT owners interested in renting points so I may have to go with another resort owner and try to get reservations 7 months out. We'll need a 2 bedroom villa with no view preference.

Has anyone here had experience booking at the 7 month mark? Your input would be greatly appreciated!

We've never rented points, but a friend of mine has rented from the same person for probably 6 or 7 years and was able to get a 1 bedroom at BLT in May by booking right at the 7 month mark (owner does not own at BLT). I don't know how hard/easy it is to rent for Oct as we've never done it, but I think if you find someone early enough and they get on it right at the 7 month mark, your chances are probably pretty good. This is just speculation, of course, so hopefully someone with better insight/actual experience can give further insight ;).

If you don't have the blue member card, you might not be allowed up to the TOTWL.
Anytime someone stays on points, whether they're their own points or now, the code on the KTTW card will read room-only A02 (or whatever the DVC code is).
A02 stands for two adults. It may say DVC room on the KTTW.

You are much too early to purchase a reservation from a member for October 2014. The earliest an owner at BLT could reserve a villa is 11 months out. You might want to find a BLT owner who is considering "renting" their points.
We've never rented points, but a friend of mine has rented from the same person for probably 6 or 7 years and was able to get a 1 bedroom at BLT in May by booking right at the 7 month mark (owner does not own at BLT). I don't know how hard/easy it is to rent for Oct as we've never done it, but I think if you find someone early enough and they get on it right at the 7 month mark, your chances are probably pretty good. This is just speculation, of course, so hopefully someone with better insight/actual experience can give further insight ;).
October for DVC is getting harder all the time with all the events at WDW. So you really need to book something before seven months out. May is much easier than October.

I'm also glad you were able to see Wishes from the Top of the World! :thumbsup2 It is a great way to see the fireworks.

I made sure to always close the curtains when it started getting dark. I could see people in their rooms (not that I could make out faces), so I knew they could see me. And I always kept the bathroom/tub door closed, just in case!

Our KTTW cards showed our names and then stated "DVC Room Only". The check-in CM did point out to me, though, that for whatever reason, one of our cards only stated "Room Only" not "DVC Room Only", so she said to be sure to show the "DVC Room Only" one.

If you don't have the blue member card, you might not be allowed up to the TOTWL.

A02 stands for two adults. It may say DVC room on the KTTW.

I thought they would ask to see a DVC member card, so I really wasn't expecting it, and I was very upfront with them about the fact that I wasn't a member (but staying on points, not a cash reservation). I don't know if they were just sprinkling pixie dust on us because we were so unassuming or if the "DVC" on the card is really all they want to see. Then again, it's also probably dependent on each individual CM, too. If I stayed there again, I wouldn't assume that we'd get up there a second time. Just happy we got to experience it. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter