(CLOSED) Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT and BAY LAKE TOWER INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessietheNCCowgirl

JessietheNCCowgirl Yeehaw!

Thanks for adding us to the Log, WDWKook.

As far as ADRs go, we have the following booked:
    Chef Mickey's Dinner (First Time)
    Be Our Guest Dinner (First Time)
    O'hana Dinner
    Whispering Canyon Dinner
    Garden Grill
    Crystal Palace Breakfast

I am really looking forward to trying the 2 new restaurants for us. Won't be too much longer now!
    Have a good weekend :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Christinaxo

Christinaxo Mouseketeer

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone can help me. If a garden view garden wing room was booked, what kind of requests should one make? :confused3 Traveling with young kids, want to be close to main tower (if that is what it is called lol). Originally was looking to stay at the POLY as a split stay with AKL but DH is loving the theming and ability to walk to MK, that comes with staying at CR. Thanks so much! :goodvibes

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Welcome and you're not simple minded at all.

One hundred words? Do I get extra credit if I go over or do I get marked down?

The primary theme of all Disney-owned resorts is all things Disney, but you already knew that. All Disney Resort names tell a story about the resort's theme and Disney's Contemporary Resort is no different. The Disney theme and the contemporary theme run throughout CR in both overt and more subtle ways.

As far as a secondary theme, I feel the iconic resort's mood is one that plays off of its proximity to Tomorrowland. Originally, the CR was to have a walkway right to Tomorrowland and is the reason it was positioned so closely. CR was to be an extension of sorts of Tomorrowland.

When you take Tomorrowland's WEDway PeopleMover, you'll notice "Progress City," a partial model/diorama of how Walt envisioned communities of the future and Epcot. Progress City includes a monorail and hotel. I always think of the CR when I pass by Progress City.

YAY! Both BLT and CR have bookable Bay Lake Views. You might want to consider CR since the rooms are actually larger than a Studio at BLT, unless of course you need the kitchenette.

Is that an oxymoron? I think you're right though. The CR has been described as "retro-futuristic."

Thank you for posting this.

The CG head chef, (I link to his Tweets in Post #1), posted recently that it should be open in September.

That's what I keep reading, too.

:wave:
    Yes, all the Tower rooms have been rehabbed, with the Atrium Club being the first completed, and the GW rooms are in-progress.

I haven't seen photos yet of the rehabbed lounge.

Yes, that's correct and thanks for posting.

WCC is so much fun and I hope you'll let us know what you thought of BoG.

There are three possible view requests with a GW/GV room:
    ~Facing Bay Lake
    ~Facing the canal
    ~Facing the pool

The first floors all have patios and none of the rooms have balconies. None of the rooms are far from the covered walkway to the Tower. We just loved our ground floor room that faced Bay Lake that we had once. It was fun for DD to walk out and feed the ducks or play in the grass or beach.

5. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

:cheer2::worship:

Thank you :wave2:

6. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

All I know is that when the 14th floor Tower Club is finished and I am able to book, I am on it !
    If you have been able to experience this level of concierge at the CR, well, you would know this CL is well known to have this best guest service on property, hands down. :thumbsup2
    I can not wait to go back to experience the Tower Club again. Even the RPC CMs could learn some service lessons from them.

Waiting patiently for them to finish....... :hyper: <<<<<<< lol

7. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Would love to hear about any experience with this. We have two suites booked for July 2014 on the 14th floor.

8. WDWKOOK

:worship:

:wave2: Welcome!

The Tower Club suites are due to be completed 24 June. I would love to book one of the STD rooms, but I didn't have luck in the past applying any discount. Have you or anyone else been able to apply a discount such as AP or military to a Tower Club level room?

I hope you get to book your room soon! Keep us posted:)

9. psac

psac DIS Veteran

I wish you could walk directly in through an entrance over there. The times we've stayed at CR/BLT, it was annoying to have to walk that extra distance, knowing how much even shorter it would be if there were an entrance by Space Mountain!

10. manicstreet

manicstreet Earning My Ears

This is my first stay at the contemporary/blt but not my first time in Disney. I have been going for as long as I remember. My first memories are of Donald's birthday in '84. I can not wait for this trip. My 3.5 daughter is super excited too. This thread is very informative. Keep up the great work.

11. WDWKOOK

The resort activity calendar links in post #1 have the JUNE schedule.

12. WsPrincess

WsPrincess DIS Veteran

You made my Sunday morning!! Thanks!

13. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 DIS Veteran

I can't seem to find the information on a laundry room. Does anyone know where it is located and how much it is?

14. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

So excited - just booked a night at MK view Atrium Club!! :cool1: Can't wait to check it out :banana:

15. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your posts! We are going to POR riverside/Poly GV CL in July and have booked CR for September....Now if only I can stop changing my mind and dialing that magical number.....:lmao:

16. Martini35

Martini35 Earning My Ears

Hi,

I have tried searching and can't find thing so am just going to ask for help.

We are checking to CR but coming from the beach. We will probably have some grocery items as we rented a condo with a kitchen. If we check in with our bags and our room is not ready, will they keep the grocery items, ie crackers, granola bars and maybe bottled water?

If so, should I put them in a box or cloth grocery bags?

Thanks!

17. WDWKOOK

Photos and information is located HERE under GUEST SERVICES.

I have to run, but I'll be back later with a multi-quote.

18. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I would just put the groceries in a some type of bag and leave with your other luggage. We brought a case of bottled water and some 12 packs of soda last time and just put them on the cart with all of our luggage as well. It all made it to the room no problem. Also if you need anything refrigerated, just let bell services know and they will take care of it.

19. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 DIS Veteran

Thank You!!! The $2.00 at the CR is much cheaper then the $3.50 on the cruise ship.

20. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Your Royal Highness Kookalicious :teeth:

The Pas family humbly requests to hop back onto the Mono-Log once again :flower3:

July 19th-21st Atrium Club~Standard View (In DHs opinion Bay Lake View is anything but standard....although he thinks we are GW ;))

pixiedust:We are going on vacation NEXT MONTH :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

21. WDWKOOK

You're welcome!

How exciting! You're going to love it.

Isn't it WONDERFUL that the WDTC doesn't charge for changes:worship:

You're welcome. I think everything costs more on a cruise:upsidedow

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! I proclaim that the dark deed you have requested is done and the royal magical erasing pen has been used:snooty:

Love the CL/snack room sneak-in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.