(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying in a standard view studio. I will try asking to be near an elevator or second floor?

In standard view, I prefer not to be near the elevator, there is too much noise coming from the trucks and luggage carts at the entrance.

When is your trip? It may be too early still...I think the window to customize starts somewhere around 60 days out. They may have upped it to 90 days, but if it's any farther away than that, that is likely the reason.

I noticed I had a link to customize Magic bands too, and the only option was gray...I am still 333 days out:rotfl:

It's only 177 days out and I am already making ADRs...

HOWEVER funny thing just happened, I checked one last time before coming out here to the boards, and it is working now. I was able to make my color selections. Not sure what happened there! pixiedust: Poof it's Magic pixiedust:

So I couldn't really tell you what the catalyst is for being able to customize your magic bands. When someone figures out the timing I would love to hear it.

PS 333 days out, how soon can you make reservations for Disney Resorts?!?!?!

This is only my second time using ME, how does the return trip work from BWI?

The reason I ask is my flight isn't even until 5:45 PM and I was hoping to get some last minute site seeing and yummy eating in at EPCOT before we go.

On that very :sad1: last day how soon before your flight does ME typically take you back to the airport?

This is only my second time using ME, how does the return trip work from BWI?

The reason I ask is my flight isn't even until 5:45 PM and I was hoping to get some last minute site seeing and yummy eating in at EPCOT before we go.

On that very :sad1: last day how soon before your flight does ME typically take you back to the airport?

Your pickup time is 3 hours before your flight on the quarter hour.

You'll be picked up at 2:30 or 2:45 that day.

Anyone have a suggestion to what to request for online check-in? Staying at bwv in studio standard room TIA

Anyone have a suggestion to what to request for online check-in? Staying at bwv in studio standard room TIA

You will be limited to what is available to check on the online check in. There aren't any free fields to enter.

Territory Lounge is my favorite little hiding place. I walked past it 5 times before finally going in. Been back a few hundred times since. :thumbsup2
I have MUCH catching-up to do;)

I just booked our return trip "Home" to BWV. We will be there from Oct 31-Nov. 4. I can't wait! Bringing my MIL this trip. Her Birthday is Nov 1:cool1:
What a great birthday and I'll post your dates.

That I don't know, but easywdw Josh posted they have virgin for $1.75 and spiked for $7.50 at the Osborne Lights. I wish I saw that when we were there!
I will BOLO the spiked nog:sail:…Thar she flows:rolleyes:

you wouldn't even want to see the equivalent forecast for where I live...
After having lived in ND, you're right. I hope you're at least not in Int'l Falls:cold:

For those of you there now or arriving this week…
Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

The weather has been fabulous! This is my last night at the Boardwalk (moving to my favorite, WL tomorrow) and I have loved every minute. The views are great and the ability to access two parks so easily is the best. I am looking forward to WL, but will surely stay here again. :goodvibes

The weather has been fabulous! This is my last night at the Boardwalk (moving to my favorite, WL tomorrow) and I have loved every minute. The views are great and the ability to access two parks so easily is the best. I am looking forward to WL, but will surely stay here again. :goodvibes
We've done that same split before and you're moving to our favorite, too. Hope to see you on the WL thread soon. Are you staying CL?

The options for room requests during online check-in were....
ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, pool view, near elevator and near lobby. I checked near elevator and near lobby. Hopefully those were the best options to pick?

Hi all!
My children & I will be @ BWI 2/5-2/11, does anyone know if the main pool has any scheduled rehabs during that time frame?
I checked Allears, couldn't find anything regarding resort pool renovations.

Hi All and KOOK, we will be staying here Dec.14 thru Dec. 19. :cool1: It will be my husband and I on this trip. Really looking forward to staying CL on our first trip to BW. I just cancelled our reservation at Beach Club. I was not reading very good reviews on their CL. So I thought I would try it here. KOOK, its great to talk to you again. I haven't talk to you since our CR CL stay in Sept.

Laura

We will be leaving Tuesday to go home and we have some leftover food. Free to anyone who wants it. Unopened half gallon on organic reducedfat milk, about 15 string cheeses and some beer. Anyone? Will meet tomorrow :-)

We will be leaving Tuesday to go home and we have some leftover food. Free to anyone who wants it. Unopened half gallon on organic reducedfat milk, about 15 string cheeses and some beer. Anyone? Will meet tomorrow :-)

not to try to disappoint anyone there right now able to benefit from your generosity (and that is very kind of you), do you know you can bring the beer in your checked bag? (as long as it doesn't put you over the weight limit)
string cheese, too. cheese stays good unrefrigerated for quite a while.
but it is very nice to pass stuff on, too!:cool1:

not to try to disappoint anyone there right now able to benefit from your generosity (and that is very kind of you), do you know you can bring the beer in your checked bag? :

oh my :surfweb:

I have a feeling they didn't know me when they made that rule. :cool1:

The options for room requests during online check-in were....
ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, pool view, near elevator and near lobby. I checked near elevator and near lobby. Hopefully those were the best options to pick?
Just reminding everyone that OCI limits you to pre-set options that may not even be possible or relevant to your specific booking. Always call the WDTC to have any requests added to your reservation that may not be included with OCI.

Hi all!
My children & I will be @ BWI 2/5-2/11, does anyone know if the main pool has any scheduled rehabs during that time frame?
I checked Allears, couldn't find anything regarding resort pool renovations.
If you haven't found it online, then it's either not happening during your stay or it hasn't been scheduled yet. It's more likely that there won't be any rehab at that time.

Hi All and KOOK, we will be staying here Dec.14 thru Dec. 19. :cool1: It will be my husband and I on this trip. Really looking forward to staying CL on our first trip to BW. I just cancelled our reservation at Beach Club. I was not reading very good reviews on their CL. So I thought I would try it here. KOOK, its great to talk to you again. I haven't talk to you since our CR CL stay in Sept.

Laura
Welcome, Laura! It looks like we miss each other by a few days, though we'll be over on Bay Lake. It's great that you're trying out the Innkeeper's Club and we can't wait to hear about your stay. Safe travels to you and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin:)

That's very kind of you to offer your goodies:)

oh my :surfweb:

I have a feeling they didn't know me when they made that rule. :cool1:
:rotfl:

I believe you are limited a 5 litres per checked bag of alcohol. (depends on the airline, and the weight, of course.)
we bring a 1.75 bottle of vodka and a 1.75 bottle of whiskey in our 2 bags. we don't bring beer becausea 12 pack is heavier than a bottle of booze. and you get the
"mixers" with your refillable mug.

early in the trip, we go to DTD and use that planet hollywood voucher. then walk across the street to the Hess and buy an 18 pack of miller lite. very reasonable. they let you bring it on the bus. (if you have any left, it won't be that much to be too heavy to bring home)

BUT!!! at Boardwalk!!! it was a 6 minute walk for me from the lobby entrance of BW to another hess gas station. (I walk fast). I grabbed a 12 pack , a bottle of wine, and a bag of chips. you could probably buy more stuff if you bring your rolling luggage bag. we did this on harbor blvd. in Annaheim. (they have other groceries like bread, etc.)

I'm thinking they also had small sub sandwiches. a great thing to grab for a quick lunch or late dinner of you had a nice lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter