(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are renting points from a DVC member, we are staying in a
Disney's BoardWalk Villas-Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View
is that basically a preferred room? trying to do some research as to where our room maybe and what kind of view we may have, if these are good rooms. is there any difference in the rooms renting from dvc member vs booking thru Disney? besides the price you pay for the room? thanks I cant wait this is my dream hotel

we are renting points from a DVC member, we are staying in a
Disney's BoardWalk Villas-Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View
is that basically a preferred room? trying to do some research as to where our room maybe and what kind of view we may have, if these are good rooms. is there any difference in the rooms renting from dvc member vs booking thru Disney? besides the price you pay for the room? thanks I cant wait this is my dream hotel
Welcome! I can answer your booking question. When you book using points, either your own or rented, you will not receive daily housekeeping. When you book a "cash reservation" through the WDTC, you receive daily housekeeping and you can use applicable discounts such as a percentage off or Free Dining, for example.

When you book a cash reservation you can make changes at any time, as often as you'd like, without penalty. You can also cancel a room-only booking within 5 days of arrival without penalty. There are more restrictions and penalties for changing and canceling on points and you won't have any control over the reservation. The owner controls the reservation and DVC will only deal/speak with the owner, even though your name is on the reservation.

we are renting points from a DVC member, we are staying in a Disney's BoardWalk Villas-Deluxe Studio - Garden or Pool View is that basically a preferred room? trying to do some research as to where our room maybe and what kind of view we may have, if these are good rooms. is there any difference in the rooms renting from dvc member vs booking thru Disney? besides the price you pay for the room? thanks I cant wait this is my dream hotel

There are two booking categories for Boardwalk Villas when booking through DVC... Standard and preferred. Preferred is either a garden, pool or boardwalk view (I think.... I own there but still not 100%... Lol). Standard is parking area view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There are two booking categories for Boardwalk Villas when booking through DVC... Standard and preferred. Preferred is either a garden, pool or boardwalk view (I think.... I own there but still not 100%... Lol). Standard is parking area view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Nope, Boardwalk view is a booking category. If you have preferred view, then you'll either be looking at the pool of the Village Green.

Nope, Boardwalk view is a booking category. If you have preferred view, then you'll either be looking at the pool of the Village Green.

We stayed in October on rented points with preferred view...our first night we were in 4060 and it was a few of Luna Park Pool. We moved for the rest of our stay to 4053. It was a view of village green with partial Boardwalk. We could see the Boardwalk Bakery from the room, the boat dock, bike rental. It was above Wyland Gallery. Both rooms were close to the elevator. We LOVED 4053 and will likely request that room or 5053 next time we go...this was our first stay and we never want to stay anywhere else when we return :)

unfortunately, preferred could also be that courtyard area facing the canal and swan. as you are walking from DHS, first you pass the villa pool on your right, then the Luna pool on your right, then this courtyard, before you get to jelly rolls. (i believe on some maps it is called the "activity" lawn.)

A studio will only have four bath towels. You'll get clean towels every four days. If you have four people, you get one towel per person. You will need to pay for extra towels if you want clean towels every day or want more than one towel per person. The same occurs in the one bedroom villa since they also only sleep four.

see, to me it doesn't matter. you use the towels to dry off your clean body after bathing. once it dries, it is reusable.

and they have towels at the pool to dry off there before you come back to the room anyway . (no, you can't bring the pool towels to your room)

it's a "home away from home" because , in a way you do a little of your own housekeeping, in exchange for the break in price.

how hard is it to bring your garbage to the garbage room and make your own beds? splash around the sink to get the toothpaste off etc.

I know I asked this a few weeks back, but for those who have used magical express in the recent days, was Boardwalk still the second drop off? Arriving bright and early Friday morning and trying to figure out what time I may arrive at the resort! Thanks!

I know I asked this a few weeks back, but for those who have used magical express in the recent days, was Boardwalk still the second drop off? Arriving bright and early Friday morning and trying to figure out what time I may arrive at the resort! Thanks!

Last week it was 1st - BW, then AKL Jambo, then AKL Kidani. I'd never seen it do that route before (I was staying at Kidani this trip but have stayed at BWI/BWV before).

I wouldn't count on any past experience with DME to say what your future drop off order will be. In the times that I've stayed at BW, we've been the first, third, and fourth drop off. Expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised by anything better.

Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.
AllEars

A studio will only have four bath towels. You'll get clean towels every four days. If you have four people, you get one towel per person. You will need to pay for extra towels if you want clean towels every day or want more than one towel per person. The same occurs in the one bedroom villa since they also only sleep four.

But the one bedroom villa has a washer/dryer to wash your one towel if you wish. :thumbsup2

Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.
AllEars

UGH!!! This happened to us during our March 2012 trip and it was hassle!

But the one bedroom villa has a washer/dryer to wash your one towel if you wish. :thumbsup2

And anything else you want to wash. It's a great way start a vacation with no so much stuff and to go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.

The next time I post will be from WL! I will try to get some festive BWI photos soon. No fighting (or parties) while I'm gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter