1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budafam

budafam DIS Veteran

We just booked this morning :) October 25th-31st at Boardwalk. It will be our first time staying there.. very excited! On the 31st we leave for our first Disney cruise. As excited as I am for that trip, I leave in 8 days for AKV so I'm a little preoccupied for the moment. It's always nice to know I WILL be back :cheer2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. The Sunrise Student

The Sunrise Student aka Sunshine

Ahhhh, ok... My trip isn't till end of May so we'll see if I get the flash drive too. I am sure they will not send any magic bands nor the flash drive until the trip is totally paid off. And I am cheating and waiting until the last minute to see if any discounts come out that I can get Disney to apply to my current reservations :)

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

What BWV-type did you book? I can't offer BWV location advice, (but I could for BLT). I can tell you that OCI is very limiting, so make sure whatever you do request, call the WDTC and have your request(s) added to your reservation.

Between the RFID mugs, TragicBands with both long and short range chips and now flash drives, maybe we'll just be taking virtual-'Holodeck' Disney vacations soon:sad2:

And a big gobble, gobble to you and yours! I shall add you to the BWB and I will wait patiently until 2015 for your FWC review.

Welcome to the thread and the DIS!

Congratulations and I'll add you, too. All of your vacations sound wonderful! Have a great time at AKV and don't eat too many Zebra Domes.

5. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

Would that be so bad? I'm imaging holodeck a la Star Trek. Whenever you need an escape, you just program in the Disney park of your choice and step inside. No airfare to deal with, no crowds and no bill at the end of your stay ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

6. WDWKOOK

All Disney Vacation Club members staying at a Walt Disney World resort -- on a reservation booked using either points or cash -- can access the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower nightly through December 29, 2014. The perk extends to members and others in their traveling party. At least one member must accompany the group and provide a Key to the World card or blue Disney Vacation Club member ID card to gain entrance. Walt Disney World transportation must be used to reach Bay Lake Tower. Parking is only permitted to guests staying at Disney's Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower. Lounge access is not available on select blockout dates which currently includes December 30-31, 2013, and July 3-4, 2014. Top of the World Lounge features a full bar, limited menu of appetizers and seating for approximately 77 guests. An outdoor deck is also available to view the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks. Lounge access and seating are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Admission begins at approximately 5:00pm nightly.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...p-of-the-world-lounge-access-extended-to-2014

~AllEars

7. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

Got our Magic Band flash drive this week :banana:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

8. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Where do I get one and how much does it cost? :lmao:

The view from the top of BLT is amazing and a wonderful place to watch Wishes or Hallowishes. Then, a short wait for the elevator to get to the ground floor, walk to MK, and bus back to BWV. There is a terrace to stand outside with a guard wall. I have enjoyed a nice beer out there, fireworks, and the music piped in numerous times.

Not so thrilled about the lounge. We've been twice. There aren't many great views of Wishes given the seating. The service was abysmal. The glowing ice cubes were fun for the dds, but that was about it for inside the lounge.

9. smidgy

smidgy dimples

the hallways are pretty long. you could either request close to the elevators, or 2nd floor, so you wouldn't need an elevator to get to the lobby,

"tragic bands" !!!!!:rotfl::rotfl2:

the lounge itself is so-so. we only went in and ordered a drink to help keep it running. and tip the poor workers stuck there. we went outonto the observation deck for the fireworks.

a lot of people just go up to the observation deck for the fireworks, which is well within your rights. since we have no kids with us we thought we would go up a bit early and sit at the bar for a cocktail , just to support it.

10. WDWKOOK

11. toolmanjan

toolmanjan Never enough Disney

Sign me up!
    Will be staying at the BWVs 12/22 to 12/30. Our first Christmas in WDW!
    DVC members since '00

12. WDWKOOK

We are at WL the same dates and it will be DH's first Christmas at WDW:santa:

13. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Have some egg nog in my honor while you're there! :thumbsup2

Enjoy both of you!

14. WDWKOOK

I love egg nog - do they offer it at Territory Lounge this time of year? Then I can toast all the DISers who couldn't be there;)

15. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

Territory Lounge is my favorite little hiding place. I walked past it 5 times before finally going in. Been back a few hundred times since. :thumbsup2

16. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

I just booked our return trip "Home" to BWV. We will be there from Oct 31-Nov. 4. I can't wait! Bringing my MIL this trip. Her Birthday is Nov 1:cool1:

17. The Sunrise Student

The Sunrise Student aka Sunshine

Anyone else having this issue?

I am getting messages that I can customize my Magic Bands, but when I go to customize all I get for a choice of colors is gray, has this happened to anyone else? (I have tried on two of my home computers, my laptop, my smart phone within the Magic Experience App and all are the same result).

:confused: Is there something that has to happen before I can choose a color? It's got a count down date for when the last day I can customize is and a warning stating that if I don't choose a color they will choose one for me :confused:

Any help would be most appreciated!

18. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

When is your trip? It may be too early still...I think the window to customize starts somewhere around 60 days out. They may have upped it to 90 days, but if it's any farther away than that, that is likely the reason.

I noticed I had a link to customize Magic bands too, and the only option was gray...I am still 333 days out:rotfl:

19. psac

psac DIS Veteran

That I don't know, but easywdw Josh posted they have virgin for $1.75 and spiked for $7.50 at the Osborne Lights. I wish I saw that when we were there!

20. WDWKOOK

For those of you there now or arriving this week…
    Your current (gorgeous) weather report…

[​IMG]

21. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

you wouldn't even want to see the equivalent forecast for where I live...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.