(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:wave:

Your new 2014 WL/VWL information thread has been posted HERE.

I've expanded it to 21 posts on two pages and every post has been revised. There are some new photos and updated information throughout. All the posts are hyperlinked in Post #1.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

I'm so excited!!! I just booked a last minute weekend trip to the world for Christmas!!

4. jpdeg99

jpdeg99 Mouseketeer

yay! Just booked a standard room for March 1-8. We've never stayed at BWI.

I have a question though, maybe y'all can help me with - Should I get the counter service plan or the dining plan? I feel like, at BWI, with the Boardwalk and World Showcase so close, we'd do better with the CS plan so that we can roam around and have more fast options, split meals from multiple countries, etc. Does that make sense?

5. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Usually we go the week before thanksgiving so we catch the gingerbread house at the end of our trip. Because of the late TG this year, we went a week earlier and missed it. D'oh!

6. Mommy2TwoMickeys

Mommy2TwoMickeys DIS Veteran

What A View!! What Type Of Room Did You Book? If You Don't Mind Me Asking, What BWV Room ## Was This?

7. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

We are here now and have loved every minute! The Club level CM's are fantastic and have been great with the kids. At the pool now and the kids are doing pool games and are having a blast! Sadly we are heading home tomorrow, but hope to be back again! Thx for everyone's tips!:goodvibes

8. DevonsDisneyMom

Question regarding magical express.... I know the routes change often, but those of you have been there recently. What stop is Boardwalk coming from the airport

9. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

It was second after CBR in October

10. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Same in November, second drop off after CBR, and after pick up on return just one last stop at CBR before the airport.

A 1BR, room number 5041, booked BW view, I requested high floor close to elevators. The only negative about the balcony was that it was actually two separate little balconies instead of one big one across the two rooms. Otherwise it was a great room. Some BW noise at night, but nothing unbearable. We've gotten that same room the last two times and we would be happy to get the same exact room on every annual trip!! :thumbsup2

11. DevonsDisneyMom

Thank you so much!!!

12. DevonsDisneyMom

Thanks! For the info!! Lets hope we're the second drop in December too!!!

13. GinCar

GinCar DIS Veteran

Please add me to the list of upcoming BWI stays. My husband has a conference in Ft Lauderdale that we just found out about, and of course we can not go to the state of Florida without a Disney visit.:wave2:

It will be DH, myself and DD8. Feb. 13-17. We will be leaving the teenagers at home.:teacher:

We have never stayed at the Boardwalk, so I will be watching this thread.

14. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

15. ckrisie

ckrisie Mouseketeer

Just got our flashdrive for our check in jan. 11

16. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi Kook! We did book the bounceback RO offer for May....but at POR. We have to be a bit more frugal for next year. But it was so nice to splurge this time at BWI. :goodvibes

17. mickeyplanner

mickeyplanner DIS Veteran

We are able to do online check in for our split stay in January. WE have never stayed at BWV. Any advice on room requests for our family? We will have a double stroller and will be going to HS and Epcot.

18. The Sunrise Student

The Sunrise Student aka Sunshine

:confused3 Flash Drive? :confused:

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

This is another test. They are sending out flash drives to people arriving in the first quarter of next year. Early reports are that the drive has 2 links to online videos that explain MDE and FP+.

20. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

Hello WDWKOOK! :wave2: I just wanted to check in with you and say we are booked for Aug 20-24 at a BWI BW-view room. :cool1: I just love it here and can't wait until August! :hourglass

Off BWI topic: Sadly we changed our March FWC to GF because CRO called me to cancel our Mickey's Backyard BBQ ressies due to a longer than expected reno. We really wanted our FWC experience to be in cooler weather and almost completely FW centric, so we decided we will book it for Feb/Mar 2015 instead. I am keeping up the good fight to stay there ...and to get you that TR. :rotfl:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, KOOK! pirate: (well, it almost looks like a pilgrim hat!)

21. dabronxx

dabronxx Earning My Ears

:hourglass 83 days and a wake up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.