Canadians - where are you?

I am so sorry! I started this thread, checked in a couple of times and then got busy and totally forgot about it. I just went through my past messages tonight and came across this. :headache: :flower3:

Have fun everyone going to Disney soon!! :goodvibes

Ohh, and for the first time I ran into a fellow DISer last week at our daughters' GG meeting. That was nice!

I'm from Courtice - just outside Bowmanville

You are in Bowmanville? I am in Newcastle!!!

Howdy neighbours! :wave2: And hi to everyone in Toronto, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa and elsewhere!!

I'm in Peterborough, just down the old I-15 ;)

Peterborough here. :cool1::cool1:

I miss Peterborough! We moved about 7 years ago and most of the time I really wish we didn't. :sad2: We lived across Beavermeade Creek and I loved walking along the river to drop my daughter off at a home daycare and then walk to Times Square for work.

Live in the Shwa and I am almost finished working on my part of your new Canadian Tire in Bowmwnville.

It is about 100,000 sq/ft I think and has a built in Marks Work warehouse in the N/E corner. The store is half stocked already and the auto shop doesn't even have a floor yet. Thats tomorrow. It also has a 4 car quick Lube shop in the part closest to Walmart. The building closest to Hwy 2 under construction is a Winners and where that big pile of dirt is on the east side of the lot will be your new LCBO. The plans call for three restaurants close to Hwy 2 but no takers as of yet. The mall across the street will be dead soon if this keeps up.

I had no idea the new Canadian Tire was going to be so large! Half stocked already? When's it suppose to open? It will be nice to have a new LCBO. I'm hoping it's much larger than the current one (ie, Oshawa town centre location is big!), but I guess it's not going to be open for this Christmas?

Honestly, I find the mall dead as it is. I frequent the Shoppers, UPS, hairdresser, Loblaws and the LCBO the most. Not much else. Including Zellers. More than half the time I can never find what I need there. Such a shame. The Zellers in Peterborough was amazing.

I am excited about the Winners, meh about the LCBO. If they flip the Zellers to a Target relatively early it may survive although i don't see the appeal of Target. I hope we get a stand alone Hallmark store, we were told there is to be one.

I'm excited about Winners as well! :goodvibes And I hope the Zellers gets turned into a Target.

Anyone ever drive down to Disney...we did it..quite the drive, but having our car saved us travel time to the parks and didn't lose a day getting to the resort and leaving for the airport. Extra Disney time is worth the drive.

Have driven down many times with the family. 21 hrs 20 min. from our door to Port Orleans. Straight driving. Won't do that again. Flying this time without the kids.

We considered driving last year. My husband & I would drive in a heartbeat without the kids! :laughing: But with them? We will wait until they are older. It would be nice to do at least once. We did get an amazing price on airfare though last year.

:rotfl2: So true Dan..see you are going back next year in April. My family and I are thinking of going next year for MNSSHP. Here's hoping.:woohoo:::MickeyMo

No idea what MNSSHP is, but DD and I are going the last week of April (BWV) and 1st week of May (AKL) through renting DVC points for the first time (piont rental 1st time; been to WDW many times).

We are flying on my left over air line points when I used to travel a lot for work.

Very nice to see so many folks from the Oshawa, Courtice, Peterborough area on this tread!
Dan

Waterloo, Ontario (for heaven's sake don't call it Kitchener even though if you took the signs down, nobody from away would know there were two cities here)

Uxbridge, born and raised here. Moved around abit but came back.:goodvibes

Hello everyone from Victoria, B.C on Vancouver Island - well Sooke actually but no one knows where that is. :wave2:

Etobicoke here ... and I know where Sooke is!
Heck, I even know where East Sooke is!
(You can take the girl off the Island, but you can't take the Island out of the girl!)

I am in Milton. I have relatives in Burlington and Bowmanville.

tigercat

Etobicoke here ... and I know where Sooke is!
Heck, I even know where East Sooke is!
(You can take the girl off the Island, but you can't take the Island out of the girl!)

That is too funny! That's actually where I live, East Sooke. Hi island girl!

Winnipeg here.

Looking forward to going to the Treehouses in May and cruising to Alaska in August. 2012's going to be a good year as long as it ends after the cruise.:laughing:

Brenda
from MB

I'm in Mississauga on the Etobicoke border. We've also lived in Milton, but I'm really a Montrealer. Mississauga's where I live, Montreal is where my heart is :love:

No trips planned in full yet, but thinking of a great big 'ole West Coast Adventure (Disneyland) next fall. But I'm also hoping to convince DH to head to WDW in the Spring. :rolleyes1

We are also road-trippers to WDW, we've driven 4 times. Do it in a day and a half, one overnight stop, usually on the North Carolina/South Carolina border.

Richmond Hill Ontario here. Usually go to WDW once, or sometimes twice a year(you'll have to read my Yacht Club trip report to find out why) However, we are taking the year off (2012) to go on a cruise instead. Will be on Allure of the Seas in January.

One more Edmontonian! Just got back on the 25 of Sept and I am in withdrawal so bad.

Hensall here!!! Huge town of 1200 near the Lake Huron shoreline...don't pretend you don't know Hensall!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter