BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I've used this strategy a few times so far with good results. People say requesting a particular room number is not wise because if that room is not available, they don't know what your preferences are. I counter that with a LONG list of room numbers, so they know exactly what my preferences are. My logic in preparing this list was to prioritize high floors and the northern-most Theme Park-view rooms on each floor. I used the diagrams on the first post of this thread to find the matching 2BR room numbers. Here's what I sent...

Here's the response I got the same day...

how many days in advance did you send this email?
:confused3

Hoping to say at BLT next year. This thread has been a great help in getting us familiar with the way the resort is set up :goodvibes

:confused3 First, want to say a big THANK YOU to Work Play for this great thread. Sorry it took me this long to find it since we check in this Thursday! Thanks for help from anyone who can answer this question. QUESTION: I just read that IF I choose online checkin for BLT, I will not have option of requesting specific or "better" room? Post says that desk staff are not able to help if you have booked online. Is this true? We are celebrating grandson's actual day of 6th birthday and really want to make all very special. Am I better off waiting and taking the extra time to check-in that morning? We have booked a lake view one bedroom villa. Thanks to anyone who can help! :confused3

:confused3 First, want to say a big THANK YOU to Work Play for this great thread. Sorry it took me this long to find it since we check in this Thursday! Thanks for help from anyone who can answer this question. QUESTION: I just read that IF I choose online checkin for BLT, I will not have option of requesting specific or "better" room? Post says that desk staff are not able to help if you have booked online. Is this true? We are celebrating grandson's actual day of 6th birthday and really want to make all very special. Am I better off waiting and taking the extra time to check-in that morning? We have booked a lake view one bedroom villa. Thanks to anyone who can help! :confused3

We have been able to change rooms when our requests had not been met with online check-in in the past but the process may have changed since we last visited.

Online check in doesn't give you real options for requests. Call beforehand and put your requests in and you can still do online check in. We did that for our trip in October and got our request (high floor- and we got the highest floor with 1 bedroom theme park rooms).

I don't see why it makes a difference if you want to choose if you do online checkin or regular check in. Either way you still have to pick all your stuff up in the lobby at BLT (unless you are using the Magical Express and then you go to the contemporary) and if they can change rooms for non-online check in people at the desk, then they can do it for online check in people too. But with online check in, its supposed to be saving you time which won't happen if you want them to change your room.

Online check in doesn't give you real options for requests. Call beforehand and put your requests in and you can still do online check in. We did that for our trip in October and got our request (high floor- and we got the highest floor with 1 bedroom theme park rooms).

I don't see why it makes a difference if you want to choose if you do online checkin or regular check in. Either way you still have to pick all your stuff up in the lobby at BLT (unless you are using the Magical Express and then you go to the contemporary) and if they can change rooms for non-online check in people at the desk, then they can do it for online check in people too. But with online check in, its supposed to be saving you time which won't happen if you want them to change your room.

Agreed, definitely call ahead with your requests. With online check-in, they generally discourage it for those who would want to change the assigned rooms. For the main CR desk, for instance, they may have 1 online checkin desk, and 4 or 5 regular check ins. So if you're stuck behind an online check-in person who then requests a change, you could be waiting a long while. However they won't say no. (Of course they could say no if there's no available rooms, but that's a different story.)

AgFor the main CR desk, for instance, they may have 1 online checkin desk, and 4 or 5 regular check ins. So if you're stuck behind an online check-in person who then requests a change, you could be waiting a long while. However they won't say no. (Of course they could say no if there's no available rooms, but that's a different story.)

When this has happened to me, one of the regular check in CMs have waved me over.

Just back from a stay at BLT. We had room 8018 Park View Studio and it was wonderful. The Castle was right in the middle of my balcony. Rm was in great shape too. Very happy!!! Can't wait to go back in April.
Nancy princess:

Agreed, definitely call ahead with your requests. With online check-in, they generally discourage it for those who would want to change the assigned rooms. For the main CR desk, for instance, they may have 1 online checkin desk, and 4 or 5 regular check ins. So if you're stuck behind an online check-in person who then requests a change, you could be waiting a long while. However they won't say no. (Of course they could say no if there's no available rooms, but that's a different story.)

I made my room request when I booked through DVC. Are you saying we should call BLT directly as well?

Hello everyone!

This will be my first stay at BLT (or any other DW resort) and thanks to this thread, I think I know what my room requests are! Now all I need to know is...how far in advance can I call BLT to make these requests?

I am not a DVC owner, I converted my HGVC points to RCI and used those to secure a week at BLT...so I can't just call DVC to ask for specific rooms. RCI recommends calling BLT no earlier than a few weeks before arrival but I fear that's too late. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hello everyone!

This will be my first stay at BLT (or any other DW resort) and thanks to this thread, I think I know what my room requests are! Now all I need to know is...how far in advance can I call BLT to make these requests?

I am not a DVC owner, I converted my HGVC points to RCI and used those to secure a week at BLT...so I can't just call DVC to ask for specific rooms. RCI recommends calling BLT no earlier than a few weeks before arrival but I fear that's too late. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Wow, good question. DVC requests go through member services, cash booking requests go through reservations. I don't know how you would make requests. You can't really just "call BLT." You might want to do a general post on the DVC Resort board to ask how trade-ins into DVC make room requests. Good luck!

7930 MK view (2 BR D) (MK to the right)

A post on another thread reminded me that I needed to post pictures from this unit. I stayed there my last trip and was slightly disappointed by the view. Primary view when standing in the room is the CR, GF, and Seven Seas Lagoon. MK is to the right, and is a nice view when you are right up by the windows.

Is not a good unit for fireworks, as the angle makes the display look like its over Space Mountain. And to watch them in the LR of the unit, you have to basically put your left cheek up against the window. View from the balconies is nice, but one night we left the door open to to hear the music from the room's TV and we ended up with a small swarm of tiny flying insects in the room.

Sorry for the mess in these pictures.

Master bedroom:
photo3_zpse9148fa5.jpg

View out the LR window:
photo2_zpseb243c2e.jpg

View out the LR window, looking to the right:
photo1_zps38f28f89.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter