BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

The new CR/BLT Information Thread is wonderful! Thanks for your great work on it!
Oh, thank you! It was a labor of love, but I loved creating it (and it was well overdue for updating).

I don't know how many times over the years I've posted your link in the CR thread. It's a great resource and answers everyone's questions so well:goodvibes

Is there any updated information on which rooms now fall into what view categories?
We were in 7205 over New Years, and that is now considered a Lake View, not a Standard view as shown on page 1 of this thread.
I did not take any pictures, but I thought I would let you know about the category change.

I am considering a solo trip in April or May. I want to stay at BLT and was considering a studio to save points since it'll just be me. However, I'm concerned about the kitchen/bathroom area. I've read that some of the rooms have been modified to take the bathroom vanity out of the kitchen area...are all of the studios being modified or will I be taking a chance on getting one of the unmodified studios if I book one?

I am considering a solo trip in April or May. I want to stay at BLT and was considering a studio to save points since it'll just be me. However, I'm concerned about the kitchen/bathroom area. I've read that some of the rooms have been modified to take the bathroom vanity out of the kitchen area...are all of the studios being modified or will I be taking a chance on getting one of the unmodified studios if I book one?

I'm about 99.9% sure that all studios were completed a while ago, like before the end of 2011.

Oh, thank you! It was a labor of love, but I loved creating it (and it was well overdue for updating).

Wonderful update WDWKOOK, The new tread is brilliant. Something to feast upon, to get the next 7 days moving, so we finally can board that plane to Orlando and our beloved BLT. And of course kudos to work2play for this long living tread with so much useful information.

5 months ago at Contemporary's main lobby in early morning hours 4AM to 5AM (empty lobby with no check-in activities, etc) and asked to show views of Grand Villa, 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom, and studio including room location, for example

BayLakeTowerScan0001_zps857114a7.jpg

Wonderful update WDWKOOK, The new tread is brilliant. Something to feast upon, to get the next 7 days moving, so we finally can board that plane to Orlando and our beloved BLT. And of course kudos to work2play for this long living tread with so much useful information.
Thank you, Bolebrothers! Your trip is almost here. Hope you'll post a little TR for us on the CR/BLT thread if you get a chance:thumbsup2

5 months ago at Contemporary's main lobby in early morning hours 4AM to 5AM (empty lobby with no check-in activities, etc) and asked to show views of Grand Villa, 2-bedroom, 1-bedroom, and studio including room location, for example

BayLakeTowerScan0001_zps857114a7.jpg
So that's what goes on in the wee hours of the morning - neat!

We just returned from a great week in 8506, a LV grand villa. Looking straight forward was a serene view of Bay Lake. In the mornings you could watch them pull the various ferry boats out of storage. I was surprised that we could see the castle by looking hard to the left. You wouldn't be able to fit a large group on the side if the balcony to watch, but a cozy couple and maybe a couple kids could probably enjoy wishes. We didn't miss having an official theme park view as we would just use our upstairs entrance to access the 16th floor and walk down to the observation deck.

We checked in Saturday to a one bedroom and couldn't be happier with the "standard view". We are in room 7326 and the first night we watched the fireworks from our couch. I will try to post pics later.

We checked in Saturday to a one bedroom and couldn't be happier with the "standard view". We are in room 7326 and the first night we watched the fireworks from our couch. I will try to post pics later.

That room is great as a Standard, but I was quite upset when we got it as a Theme Park View room.

Well I have 39 days to wait till I visit the states as a new DVC member.We are staying 8 nights at our home resort of WLV and 6 nights in BLT. As there were no lake view one bedroms availiable for our 6 nights I decided to book what there was which 2 nights in a standard studio and 4 nights in a one bedroom lake view.
We will be moving from WLV arnd 11 so will I be able to check into BLT around this time? I know the room may not be availiable but it means we can go off to MK for a while. Also any suggestions on a standard view? I know for the one bedroom I want to request a high floor north side and although we have to check out and in again is it best to book both rooms on the same side:confused3 All I know is that I do not want a first floor room but other than the above I am not too fussed.
Any suggestions for the standard? Are there any views of the monorail?
Thankyou in advance

Well I have 39 days to wait till I visit the states as a new DVC member.We are staying 8 nights at our home resort of WLV and 6 nights in BLT. As there were no lake view one bedroms availiable for our 6 nights I decided to book what there was which 2 nights in a standard studio and 4 nights in a one bedroom lake view.
We will be moving from WLV arnd 11 so will I be able to check into BLT around this time? I know the room may not be availiable but it means we can go off to MK for a while. Also any suggestions on a standard view? I know for the one bedroom I want to request a high floor north side and although we have to check out and in again is it best to book both rooms on the same side:confused3 All I know is that I do not want a first floor room but other than the above I am not too fussed.
Any suggestions for the standard? Are there any views of the monorail?
Thankyou in advance

As of now, you can check in at either BLT or CR by then. CR has staff in the lobby to check in as early as 6:30 AM into BLT. I'm not sure when BLT staff arrive, but we checked in there around 9:30 AM last trip. Have a great trip.

The do give you some request options like near elevator, high floor, etc., but it's just check boxes. Anything specific you'll have to call. We've had to call every time, the online choices haven't been enough for us. Good luck!

When you call member services do you tell them a specific room number or a range of room numbers? Can they tell you at that time if it is available or is it just a request?
What has been your sucess rate at getting the room you want?

<

Call beforehand and put your requests in and you can still do online check in. We did that for our trip in October and got our request (high floor- and we got the highest floor with 1 bedroom theme park rooms).

When you call to make a room request, when do you find out what room you actually get?

<

As of now, you can check in at either BLT or CR by then. CR has staff in the lobby to check in as early as 6:30 AM into BLT. I'm not sure when BLT staff arrive, but we checked in there around 9:30 AM last trip. Have a great trip.

Does anyone know how late the BLT staff is there to check-in (and how do you open the door without a KTTW card)?

When you call to make a room request, when do you find out what room you actually get?

You can ask at check-in. I usually just mention I made a room request and would like to know if they were able to grant my request. If not, I politely ask if there might be a room available which meets my requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter