BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

We plan on booking a 2 bedroom lake view. It'll be 5 adults and 2 infants. It looks like we'd have a better chance at a room with park view (plan to request even number, north tower) if we go with the lockoff rather than the dedicated? So far, I don't seem to have a preference of the lockoff vs dedicated unless someone can talk me into one or the other. We'll have 2 adults and one year old in the master, 1 adult in the living room, and 2 adults and a two year old in the second bedroom. Thanks!

We are planning a trip next October and will be renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. One of our group has rather severe arthritis and would like to limit the walking necessary.

Can anyone give me an idea which rooms would be closest to the elevator that is closest to the entrance to the walkway to the Contemporary? That would give me a range of rooms to ask for. Thank you. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We are planning a trip next October and will be renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. One of our group has rather severe arthritis and would like to limit the walking necessary.

Can anyone give me an idea which rooms would be closest to the elevator that is closest to the entrance to the walkway to the Contemporary? That would give me a range of rooms to ask for. Thank you. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I can't remember the first two numbers but the last two numbers were --30 and we were right next to the elevator and the walkway to the contemp.. We had a park view

Janed said:

The rooms closest to the Contemporary walkway are XX30 for a MK view, otherwise XX29, XX32/34 (lock-off), XX35/37 (lock off) for the lake view. If you want to be on the floor with the walkway that would be the fifth floor or 75XX.

We just got back from a week at BLT, in a one bedroom LV, room 7442. I requested a high floor in the north tower. What I got was a 4th floor room in the south tower, which was a bummer. I guess I could have requested to switch rooms, but the check in process took forever and the kids were tired from a day of traveling. To be honest, I was disappointed with the view. We looked directly out onto the boat dock area. It really wasn't what I thought a "lake view" would be. I expected to see more lake when looking out of the living room, instead of just a boat dock and what is essentially the back yard of the Contemporary.

Here are some pics from the balcony, which had a slightly better view than the living room.

Looking straight off balcony:
314135_3693404945597_803556859_n.jpg

To the left (this was essentially the view from the living room, where we spent most of our time):
553765_3693405225604_617835478_n.jpg

To the right:
576859_3693405425609_267727013_n.jpg

I think your views were amazing! Statistically speaking, I think it would be harder to get a full Lakeview in the North Tower then it is in the South Tower. North Tower views are mostly Park view with tennis court and some slim part of the lake on the extreme North side. if I were paying for a Lakeview I would have been happy with what you got not so happy with the north tower, but to each his own I guess.

It's all about expectation, isn't it? That's precisely the view I want and have requested (south side, not too high) but given what you asked for, I can understand why it was disappointing.

Ditto the last two. We had an inside high pool view, and I would have definitely preferred your view. That view is awesome.

We checked out Saturday morning from our 7 night stay in a 1 bedroom MK view. We were in 8226. 12th floor. Great view! I'll post pictures later. My only request was high floor and we got it!

Our room was also ready at 10:15am which was awesome. The guy checking us in was like "This has NEVER happened before!" :lmao: We checked out at 7:30am on Saturday and made sure to stop at the front desk and call down to housekeeping to let them know so hopefully the next person in our room could get some pixie dust as well.

Ditto the last two. We had an inside high pool view, and I would have definitely preferred your view. That view is awesome.

I don't want to be a whiner, because this is a total first world problem, but the issue was that we were so low and looking out the living room window, where we spent almost all of our time, we looked at a boat dock. We had to go out to the balcony to enjoy the water view. Also, it seems bizarre to me that BLT doesn't have sheers behind the curtains. Because we were so low, we felt like fish in a tank, totally on display for everyone to see. The only way to get a little privacy was to close the curtains completely, which of course negates the view.

It didn't ruin our vacation by any means, I just wish we would have been a bit higher so that we felt like we were looking at water instead of a boat dock. I've seen pics from the other XX42 rooms on higher floors, and I would have been ecstatic to have those views. I didn't even know that Epcot was back behind the trees until I saw it in other pictures.

It is sooo crazy that BLT has not put sheers up yet!! We last stayed there the first year it opened and were shocked at how clearly you can see into the other rooms without sheers. And I also hated that I had to close the drapes completely in the morning and evenings when we were walking around in our nighties - we used more electricity that way, too, because we had to keep all the lights on instead of using the sunlight.

**Please everyone who disliked not having window sheers contact dvc member services and ask them to put up sheers!! We got them to fix the ridiculous set up of the bathroom sink in the kitchens by voicing our concerns- we just want some sheers for privacy!!:confused3

It is sooo crazy that BLT has not put sheers up yet!! We last stayed there the first year it opened and were shocked at how clearly you can see into the other rooms without sheers. And I also hated that I had to close the drapes completely in the morning and evenings when we were walking around in our nighties - we used more electricity that way, too, because we had to keep all the lights on instead of using the sunlight.

**Please everyone who disliked not having window sheers contact dvc member services and ask them to put up sheers!! We got them to fix the ridiculous set up of the bathroom sink in the kitchens by voicing our concerns- we just want some sheers for privacy!!:confused3

The people I felt really bad for are those staying in rooms at ground level, as well as the people with the rooms right by the skybridge. I mean, it's kinda hard not to stare right into those rooms as you're walking back from the Contemporary.

We checked out Saturday morning from our 7 night stay in a 1 bedroom MK view. We were in 8226. 12th floor. Great view! I'll post pictures later. My only request was high floor and we got it!

Our room was also ready at 10:15am which was awesome. The guy checking us in was like "This has NEVER happened before!" :lmao: We checked out at 7:30am on Saturday and made sure to stop at the front desk and call down to housekeeping to let them know so hopefully the next person in our room could get some pixie dust as well.

When we were there in AUgdh and I were headed to the MK and got a call at 9am from dsis that our suite was ready. Granted it was not the one my bil want because it was one closer to CR but we still had a great view.

Hi all,

Here are pics that my DM's best friend sent me of room 8118 (11th floor studio). They are there right now for their final night of a 6 night visit. I sure wish I was there right now...

view3_zps1775cd03.jpg

view2_zpse31415a8.jpg

view1_zpse04d83f3.jpg

Enjoy!

I don't want to be a whiner, because this is a total first world problem, but the issue was that we were so low and looking out the living room window, where we spent almost all of our time, we looked at a boat dock. We had to go out to the balcony to enjoy the water view. Also, it seems bizarre to me that BLT doesn't have sheers behind the curtains. Because we were so low, we felt like fish in a tank, totally on display for everyone to see. The only way to get a little privacy was to close the curtains completely, which of course negates the view.

It didn't ruin our vacation by any means, I just wish we would have been a bit higher so that we felt like we were looking at water instead of a boat dock. I've seen pics from the other XX42 rooms on higher floors, and I would have been ecstatic to have those views. I didn't even know that Epcot was back behind the trees until I saw it in other pictures.

It's a valid complaint, especially about the sheers. Like you said, why have a view at all if you can't see it?

I agree that BLT needs sheer curtains, especially in standard view rooms. I don't like feeling like I am on stage, while in my villa.

Thanks everyone for the great photos. I have updated the first post with the new links. I will be heading down for a couple of nights at BLT in November, seeing all of your photos gets me very excited to get back there!

Just wanted to share a panoramic shot (via iPhone) and some other quick shots of the absolutely gorgeous view we had from 7904 (1 BR) during our stay this month. The assigning fairy definitely granted me some birthday pixie dust with this room. You had a gorgeous view of the Bay Lake and perfect view of MK from either the living room or balcony by just turning to the left. The direct view as you walked int he villa was all of Bay Lake. Now I know that this has to be one of the best views but I can't ever imagine paying more points for a MK view. If we stay at BLT again we would definitely go with lake view!

2012-10-15072125.jpg

2012-10-14183830.jpg

2012-10-15072027.jpg

2012-10-14213258.jpg
Hallowishes

We are DVC members and our home resort is BLT. It is so beautiful there! We walked to magic kingdom each day and watched epcots fireworks from the kids bedroom one night and the magic kingdom fireworks from the elevator waiting area another. It was the perfect location and the rooms are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter