BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hi. With 131 Pages how do I find out where I want to be?
We have stayed at BLT in a 2 bedroom LV and staying next August in a standard studio for a mom/daughter trip with my mom.
Will we have a balcony with a standard studio (we usually stay in GV or 2 bedrooms since my family usually also comes along so never in a studio).
Are there any standard studios on 5th Floor or where ToTW is located?
If not, where do I want to request to get the best possible view?
Thanks SO much!

You will either have a balcony (floors 2-5) or a patio (floor 1). Check the first post, there are a few standard view studios on the fifth floor (7506, 7508, 7514). ToTW is on the 16th floor, you have to ask a cast member in the lobby to get access to the elevator that will take you there when it is open. Standard view rooms are obstructed in some way with trees, so there is not much difference. You can see view photos by going to post #1 and selecting different rooms.

BLT STUDIO LV Room 8438

temporary-124.jpg

temporary-123.jpg

It looks like our studio room from last year that was in the center and lower floor. View from our balcony. This is the CR pool.

temporary-125.jpg

Way back there in the distance is the Epcot ball. I'm hoping we can see Epcot fireworks and then up to TOTWL to see Wishes. I can also see EE at AK, but my phone doesn't take the best of pictures.

temporary-127.jpg

This is the view from the north elevators. Bay Cove pool.

temporary-128.jpg

I managed to get the monorail. Great timing. :woohoo:

temporary-126.jpg

Thanks AirGoofy! If you have a chance, would you shoot a picture of the re-configured bathroom sink/kitchenette area. This may be somewhere but I haven't hit the right spot. Thinking of doing a BLT studio pre-Christmas 2013 and wondering how the re-fit worked out. Thanks - have a great trip!!!!!

Thanks AirGoofy! If you have a chance, would you shoot a picture of the re-configured bathroom sink/kitchenette area. This may be somewhere but I haven't hit the right spot. Thinking of doing a BLT studio pre-Christmas 2013 and wondering how the re-fit worked out. Thanks - have a great trip!!!!!

Will do. I think they have created a lot of space with all the innovations.

These may help.

Bathroom.

temporary-141.jpg

Kitchenette in three different areas. There is an oval table with two chairs across from the fold out bed. The storage areas really make the difference. I opened them half way so you could see them.

temporary-138.jpg

temporary-139.jpg

temporary-140.jpg

We have four in a studio. Two adults, 10 & 8 year old girls. We really like the 1 BR, but it is either two trips a year in studios or one trip a year in 1 BR.

These may help.

Bathroom.

Kitchenette in three different areas. There is an oval table with two chairs across from the fold out bed. The storage areas really make the difference. I opened them half way so you could see them.

We have four in a studio. Two adults, 10 & 8 year old girls. We really like the 1 BR, but it is either two trips a year in studios or one trip a year in 1 BR.

Definitely helps, thanks so much ~ :thumbsup2

I have a 2 bedroom villa reserved on a cash room only reservation. Lake view. Will I get a dedicated 2 bedroom or could it be a lock off studio plus 1 bedroom (=2 bedroom villa)? I think when you reserve with points, you can choose?? WDW travel did not ask me which I wanted?

Jenio said:
When did you send the email? Just curious if you would wait or send way in advance. Thanks.

I sent the email a few days after I did the online check-in and 2 days before we flew out.

I hope someone will come along and answer this question for me. I am looking for a two bedroom MKV at BLT, specifically for the fireworks. However, I do have three small kiddos (all under five) and the high floors make me very nervous. I see that the fifth floor is considered standard. Is there a room that will give us a decent view of the fireworks located on the fifth floor OR has anyone stayed with little, little kids and can tell me what it was like. Are there safety latches on the doors?

OR can you sit on a first floor outside on the patio and see the fireworks okay? Any help with location with little ones and being able to see the fireworks well would be fantastic!

meredith1 said:
I hope someone will come along and answer this question for me. I am looking for a two bedroom MKV at BLT, specifically for the fireworks. However, I do have three small kiddos (all under five) and the high floors make me very nervous. I see that the fifth floor is considered standard. Is there a room that will give us a decent view of the fireworks located on the fifth floor OR has anyone stayed with little, little kids and can tell me what it was like. Are there safety latches on the doors?

OR can you sit on a first floor outside on the patio and see the fireworks okay? Any help with location with little ones and being able to see the fireworks well would be fantastic!

For what it's worth, any fall from 3rd floor and above is most likely deadly. That being said, the monorail affects the view from the 5th floor and below. I have three under 6 and I think the extra height of a high floor would help deter them from getting close to the balcony rail. You could always try a standard view on the first or second floor ( saving a good bit of points or cash) and visit the Top of the World lounge to watch the fireworks. The walls are extremely high up there and it is the best viewing spot of the whole building. Also, the Contemporary has some great viewing spots. Hope this helps and have fun!

Studios only so can't help much there. The rails on the patio are quite high. Perhaps if your children are acrobats, but I'm not sure a three year old could get over tha patio even standing on the table - but I wouldn't wait around to try.

For what it is worth, we watched the fireworks from the parking lot on Monday and could see them just fine. The lobby at BLT and observation deck at CR both play the Wishes music. Many watch on fireworks on the bridge, but I think the walls would be too high for little kids to see. I got tired of standing and went and sat down on one of the benches under the overhang, and could still see the castle and some of the fireworks. There is a picture (cell phone - not very good) in trip report in my signature.

All of the MK view rooms have great views of the fireworks from the living room windows, no need to go outside to the balcony. The sliders have double locks which would be very hard for a small child to reach or operate. There are no 1st floor rooms with a view of the fireworks, they are all standard view. You might be able to get a 5th floor room for standard view points, but you also might get a view of trees...

All of the MK view rooms have great views of the fireworks from the living room windows, no need to go outside to the balcony. The sliders have double locks which would be very hard for a small child to reach or operate. There are no 1st floor rooms with a view of the fireworks, they are all standard view. You might be able to get a 5th floor room for standard view points, but you also might get a view of trees...

I'm doubtful of this. I have had an XX28 (MK view studio towards the CR) and you needed to be on the balcony to see many of the fireworks that are shot off behind the MK and from BLT appear to be over Space Mt. The xx30 2 br's are further around the curve of the building.

Although since the living room windows essentially stretch out to what the balcony area would be I guess it would be similar. You would be able to see most fireworks but I don't know if I'd call it a great view from some of the MK rooms.

I'm doubtful of this. I have had an XX28 (MK view studio towards the CR) and you needed to be on the balcony to see many of the fireworks that are shot off behind the MK and from BLT appear to be over Space Mt. The xx30 2 br's are further around the curve of the building.

Although since the living room windows essentially stretch out to what the balcony area would be I guess it would be similar. You would be able to see most fireworks but I don't know if I'd call it a great view from some of the MK rooms.

You may have a point on the XX30 rooms, I have only stayed in XX24 and XX16, I would say both of those rooms had great views from the living room, but XX30s may not be as good for fireworks.

You may have a point on the XX30 rooms, I have only stayed in XX24 and XX16, I would say both of those rooms had great views from the living room, but XX30s may not be as good for fireworks.

We've had one of the xx16 rooms and I agree it did have a great view of the fireworks. Nothing like the rooms that are further towards the CR.

We just got back from room 7310. Sorry, didn't take any pictures.

I thought the view was great. We could see Space Mtn. and Astro Orbiter. Cinderella's Castle was behind the trees. The view of the fireworks was phenomenal. We didn't try to see the EWP.

The room was really nice and clean. Just two little things wrong: a scratch on one of the chairs, and a piece of the bathroom sliding door coming apart.

I was really jazzed about the walk from BLT to MK, but when I actually did it, I realized it was farther than I thought it would be. With a 5-year-old walking alongside me and a 2-year-old being pushed in a stroller, it was not quite worth it. We ended up taking the monorail most of the time.

Just back from 9 nights in 7404 - 1 BR Standard. What a GREAT room (and yet we forgot to take pictures). Could easily see fireworks from window and balcony. Very peaceful view of sandy beach with trees and Spanish moss. Lake was visible through the gaps in the trees and was fun to watch the tennis players. Saw some playful river otters one morning. The trees helped block the sun, and being lakeside, privacy was well ensured.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter