Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing BBB for my 3yr old for the first time. My 9 yr old wanted to skip it last time (loved it at 5, didn't want to at 7). 1/2 way through the trip she was regretting it. This time, she says she wants to, but doesn't want to wear a gown.

Any suggestions on clothing for the 9 yr old? Is there anything pop princessy? 3 yr old will wear a Cinderella dress.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I think the new Courtyard package would be great for a 9 yo. It has a twisty hairstyle, a pink BBB Tee and a pink and black tutu.
HTH-

Hi there,

My family and I are travelling to WDW in March and have the BBB booked at the castle prior to lunch there. I was thinking of getting dressed ahead of time but wanted to know which ones were available at the park. Are they usually all available in any size? Do you have to "order" it ahead of your appointment? I'm not certain what the sizing is (my daughters are 6 and 8). Someone mentioned the Ariel dress; is that different from her "mermaid" attire (not too keen on those shells! ;)) Is there still a Merida dress or do you have to book a special package for that one (as someone suggested). Looking for some help.:)
Hi! Last I looked, I did not see a Merida dress at BBB but they are for sale in the parks (near Merida's meet and greet)- you could buy there and take it to BBB.
The Ariel options at BBB are the (beautiful) aqua ball gown -like she wears in the 3:00 parade- or the belly baring sea shell one. But, if your daughter must have a mermaid tail, the disney store has a much more modest version, and you can just bring it with you.
HTH.

AudreyKThompson said:
May I ask, do you want the setting for the photo op and all the makeup, or just the glitter and tiara?.......someone brought a toy frying pan and had R. autograph it! Too cute.

They can also do glitter and spray in colors at the barber shop on main street, and last I looked it was free ( or close to it) only thing is no FGMIT.

I looked everywhere before we left home for a small frying pan last time we went and couldn't find one. I so wanted to do that with my DD, going to try again next time. I hear that my local sporting goods store sells 3" cast irons for $5 and all it would take is a white or metallic sharpie.

GirlOutlaw said:
They can also do glitter and spray in colors at the barber shop on main street, and last I looked it was free ( or close to it) only thing is no FGMIT.

I looked everywhere before we left home for a small frying pan last time we went and couldn't find one. I so wanted to do that with my DD, going to try again next time. I hear that my local sporting goods store sells 3" cast irons for $5 and all it would take is a white or metallic sharpie.

Color is no longer available at Main Street Barber Shop. It was discontinued some time ago as they had an issue getting the hair color.

May I ask, do you want the setting for the photo op and all the makeup, or just the glitter and tiara?
If the latter, you can go to castle couture shop where a CM (dressed similarly to FGiT) can sprinkle pixie dust in your DGD hair and doubtless apply a tiara too. You can either do it in the photo shoot studio (no BBB appointment required, but you may have to wait) or in the shop in front of Aurora's magical dress . . .
All for free. Seems like you could buy some nice Rapunzel souvenirs with the money you'd save. ( you may want to ask at BBB though. depending on how busy they are, they might do it without you having to pay for the package)
Plus, on another thread I saw the cutest idea- someone brought a toy frying pan and had R. autograph it! Too cute.

Thank you! :flower3: That is a great suggestion - I'll keep it in mind for others. But, yes, we are wanting the make-up and nails. Just for the special treatment. It does seem like a waste, since we are doing our own hair, but it is a memory we're making! We did buy a dress on e-bay that came with a tiara and wand - the dress has a Rapunzel pin on it, so she will be pretty happy with that. I also found some Sketcher's BOBs on sale with the twinkle toes light ups - lots of purple and pink in those - so they can have pretty but comfy shoes to wear around the park that day!

Hi! Last I looked, I did not see a Merida dress at BBB but they are for sale in the parks (near Merida's meet and greet)- you could buy there and take it to BBB.
The Ariel options at BBB are the (beautiful) aqua ball gown -like she wears in the 3:00 parade- or the belly baring sea shell one. But, if your daughter must have a mermaid tail, the disney store has a much more modest version, and you can just bring it with you.
HTH.

Thanks! That sounds great :)

For those of you looking for a mini frying pan - I found this one at Se@rs Lodge Manufacturing 3 Inch Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Mini-Skillet. Hope this helps. Also if you want a more toy like one Toys R Us has a set called: Just Like Home Nonstick Cookware 14 Piece Playset - Black

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered but I don't have time to go through all 200+ pages...
Is tipping expected/ not accepted at BBB? I need to know if I need extra $$ got this.

Thanks.

The 4 times my girls have gone we have always tipped. Cash. Into the hand of the 'fairy god mother'. Not sure if it's allowed but we have never had it handed back to us.

Hth
Heather

I'm sure this has probably been asked and answered but I don't have time to go through all 200+ pages...
Is tipping expected/ not accepted at BBB? I need to know if I need extra $$ got this.

Thanks.

Yes it is allowed but it has to be cash.

I went to BBB at DTD this Monday and tried to hand cash to our FGiT and she refused and told us to buy something special for our daughter instead. I tried again but she was adamant about not accepting it.

I handed cash to our FGIT at the MK in December and she thanked me and accepted it.

we've done BBB at DL, WDW more than once and most recently on the Fantasy... always tipped cash to the fgit, never had it rejected. Having said that, I've never gotten the impression that most people tip them.

rodrigs said:
should we tip them? i don't want to be the one NOT tipping them ....

My dd has been to the bbb 2 time the first time we attempted to tip the fgmit and was told it was policy for them to refuse all tips. The second time, before our trip I went to the store and found a Cinderella themed thank you card, put the money inside wrote "to the best fgmit in the kingdom" on the outside and gave it to the fgmit she gladly excepted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter