Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good to know and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. When we did the Castle package in 2011 they didn't have any matching shoes in any sizes for my DD. We ended up with a Tiana dress and clear Cinderella shoes. She wore the shoes for about 20 minutes after the photo shoot and was back in sandals.

Although the package is the same price and offers less I don't think its loss for us.

Actually the package isn't the same price. They did discontinue most shoes about a year or so ago, But the way that package works, everything you get is added on to the price, which is why it is listed at "starting at". Everything you get with the package is added on to the cost. Photos, dress (they used to have different priced dresses), wand, crown, etc. Each is added to the price. It's no a "deal" to get this package. you can purchase it all through the parks and pay the same price. You can also tell them you don't want any of the options as well and they won't be added to the price either.

Actually the package isn't the same price. They did discontinue most shoes about a year or so ago, But the way that package works, everything you get is added on to the price, which is why it is listed at "starting at". Everything you get with the package is added on to the cost. Photos, dress (they used to have different priced dresses), wand, crown, etc. Each is added to the price. It's no a "deal" to get this package. you can purchase it all through the parks and pay the same price. You can also tell them you don't want any of the options as well and they won't be added to the price either.
Goes to show you how much I paid attention to what I was buying. I remember paying additional for the tiara but I didn't realize so much was ala carte. I'll feel better in June when we go back and just say no to some things based off the experience.

Thank you so much for the comments on my DS costume. I was so excited to make it, have just a few things to add then we are ready to go. We leave to drive to WDW on Thursday and I am so excited.

That sounds great for his hair, he has never had any product in it we always let it just run wild so that will be fun for him, and he would love the color and mickeys. I was just worried they would try to spike it and he would end up with a mohawk or something not very Prince Like, though he would have loved that too my DS is a nut. Cant wait we are so excited, my DD even says shes going to get a Cinderella dress to dance with her brother, I love it!

We are celebrating DD 4th bday. We are doing character meals every other day of our trip. Her bday is on the 2nd last day, Akershus breakfast (BBB not available). Unfortunately, the BBB-MK is fully booked too when were at that location. So we booked BBB-DTD on our first morning at WDW but we didn't book any character meal that day at DHS. I chose it this way as I am hoping she can use the crown and sash everyday during our trip. Thoughts/suggestions? Sorry if this is under a wrong thread.

We are celebrating DD 4th bday. We are doing character meals every other day of our trip. Her bday is on the 2nd last day, Akershus breakfast (BBB not available). Unfortunately, the BBB-MK is fully booked too when were at that location. So we booked BBB-DTD on our first morning at WDW but we didn't book any character meal that day at DHS. I chose it this way as I am hoping she can use the crown and sash everyday during our trip. Thoughts/suggestions? Sorry if this is under a wrong thread.

She can wear it everyday for the rest of her life if she wants to. ;)

Her hairstyle may even last into the next day. This past year, DD kept her hair up in the pop princess style for 2 days - we did BBB early a.m. one day and it lasted that and the next day.

Seems like all the new BBB dress are not even nice - I can the nicer one at the disney store for even cheaper. Why do they charge $64 for the dress in Disney but the one at the store is $20 cheaper and better quality?

Seems like all the new BBB dress are not even nice - I can the nicer one at the disney store for even cheaper. Why do they charge $64 for the dress in Disney but the one at the store is $20 cheaper and better quality?

I personally think that most of the cheaper ones at the stores are not a better quality. But I think they all have gone downhill.

I felt the same way 3 years ago when we went. I had bought my daughters dress from the Disney Store before we left to save some money. When we got to BBB I was glad I did. Her dress was of much better quality (she still wears it) and was much prettier. The colors were brighter and there were many more details. I will purchasing from the store again this year before we go.

My girls were able to keep their hair up the next day as well. They did not like wearing the sash. Younger DD only wore it for about 20 min and older DD about an hour. They loved the crowns. I watched the FGIT fix their hair really closely, and I was able to fix their hair just like they do at BBB for dinner a couple nights on our cruise.

Does BBB ever make exceptions? My youngest daughter will be 3 two days after we come home from our next planned trip. So we will be at Disney a week before her 3rd birthday. Do you think they will make an exception?

Does BBB ever make exceptions? My youngest daughter will be 3 two days after we come home from our next planned trip. So we will be at Disney a week before her 3rd birthday. Do you think they will make an exception?

Just tell them she is 3- its SO close, and I doubt they will make you prove it hahha

Allison, they usually allow them at 1 month shy of the 3rd b-day, but just say she is 3. The girls at BBB don't really care, it's more the phone CM's who try to monitor it. if for some reason they ask her age, you can say she turned 3 during the trip.

Do you provide a CC when making reservation? Is it charged then or when we actually go? Just wondering if they make me choose one package on the phone but we decide on a different one when we get there.

Also, there's a chance a friend will be going along, too. I'd make the reservations for both of the girls to make sure we get the same time. Would it be a problem to cancel one later if the friend backs out? How long before going would I have to cancel so that I'm not hit with a penalty?

Or would it be better for us to each make separate reservations? I'm worried if I make a joint one for 2 girls, when(if) I cancel one, they'd accidentally cancel both on me.

Do you provide a CC when making reservation? Is it charged then or when we actually go? Just wondering if they make me choose one package on the phone but we decide on a different one when we get there.

Also, there's a chance a friend will be going along, too. I'd make the reservations for both of the girls to make sure we get the same time. Would it be a problem to cancel one later if the friend backs out? How long before going would I have to cancel so that I'm not hit with a penalty?

Or would it be better for us to each make separate reservations? I'm worried if I make a joint one for 2 girls, when(if) I cancel one, they'd accidentally cancel both on me.

You do provide a CC for the reservation but it's not charged until you have your appointment. I believe the standard cancellation is 1 day or $10 but they can tell you when you call. I would make the reservations as soon as possible because even during the slow times that place fills up quick and you can't get a walk up. Even if they had open spots you have to call in and make a reservation.

It's a very cool thing for the girls though. We've done it twice (once for each DD's birthday) and the characters just dote over them.

I want to do this for MNSSHP. She already has the belle dress. would yall recommend having it done on the morning of mnsshp or the afternoon? and what time, if afternoon, should I try to get a ressie for?

Ok, I have looked through this thread for the last hour and cannot find the answer I am looking for so sorry if this has already been asked. My DD wants the bun hairstyle but she has very fine hair, I can do her hair up in a bun using one of those hair donut things but if I try to do it without that there isn't enough hair there to make a bun. Can I do her hair before she goes to the BBB then just ask them to put some gel on to keep it in and then add the usual hair accessories (tiara and mickey pin)? I'm not looking to pay any less for not getting the hair done, I just don't want my daughters hair getting more broken from the FGIT trying to get it to resemble a bun. We use special (and very expensive!) products on her hair to help strengthen and thicken it and I really don't want to end up back at square one with this either.

Ok, I have looked through this thread for the last hour and cannot find the answer I am looking for so sorry if this has already been asked. My DD wants the bun hairstyle but she has very fine hair, I can do her hair up in a bun using one of those hair donut things but if I try to do it without that there isn't enough hair there to make a bun. Can I do her hair before she goes to the BBB then just ask them to put some gel on to keep it in and then add the usual hair accessories (tiara and mickey pin)? I'm not looking to pay any less for not getting the hair done, I just don't want my daughters hair getting more broken from the FGIT trying to get it to resemble a bun. We use special (and very expensive!) products on her hair to help strengthen and thicken it and I really don't want to end up back at square one with this either.

My daughter has very fine hair but it doesn't break as you mentioned. When they put her hair in a bun they did it without a donut (it was basically a pony twisted with tons of gel and bobby pins). Because her hair is so fine it slid out that evening.

I'm sure they'd let you do your daughters hair without issue but I guess what I'm saying is you may not need to. They don't torment it with heat or do anything that would cause breakage. If its fine I'm sure they will manage without issue.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

heatherbynum said:
I want to do this for MNSSHP. She already has the belle dress. would yall recommend having it done on the morning of mnsshp or the afternoon? and what time, if afternoon, should I try to get a ressie for?

If your DD is at a young age, then a morning appointment would be better. They get fully booked quickly so most the time you just take what's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter