Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got her hair professionally braided at a salon near our home before our last trip. Usually my sister will do it if she is in town. This would be both of my daughters' first BBB experience as they were not interested in going for our last Disney trip. Now they are saying they want to do the Pirates League too because I have an appointment there for their brothers :laughing:

That's funny!:rotfl2: I guess some girls really enjoy PL and you can be a mermaid if you wish! I got our boys set up for PL today! I'm bummed because the youngest will be a month out from 3 and they won't let him have an appt. We'll have to get some pirate stuff there and fix him up ourselves so he doesn't feel left out!

I made my first BBB appointment for both of my girls by calling reservations directly. I was given a reservation number but no email confirmation and I'm not able to put that reservation in the 'my Disney experience' app. William eventually get some sort of email confirmation? I'm just scared of having this Conf #, showing up the morning of our appt and bring turned away....

tjknitz said:
I made my first BBB appointment for both of my girls by calling reservations directly. I was given a reservation number but no email confirmation and I'm not able to put that reservation in the 'my Disney experience' app. William eventually get some sort of email confirmation? I'm just scared of having this Conf #, showing up the morning of our appt and bring turned away....

You don't get an email confirmation, I was nervous about it too. I called to double check why I didn't get an email and they told me that. I called a couple days to confirm our appt as well because I didn't want to show up and have a very unhappy birthday girl.

So, I bought my daughter a special tiara that I'll be bringing with me to BBB and she hasn't seen it or heard about it (she's getting Courtyard so isn't expecting one). Is there any way to talk to the FGiT first and just hand her the bag with it in there to have her just put it on at the end? Also, to ask her to please stop at some point before the reveal so I can put on her (surprise) clip on earrings sometime after she is finished with the hair?

You don't get an email confirmation, I was nervous about it too. I called to double check why I didn't get an email and they told me that. I called a couple days to confirm our appt as well because I didn't want to show up and have a very unhappy birthday girl.

Just make sure you bring the Conf# with you. They won't turn her away. When I made my PL appt - he was able to see the BBB in there - I can't link anything up either, but it was there. The My Disney Experience website is having lots of troubles right now.

Oh, and did you tell them you were celebrating her birthday? They will give her a Birthday Princess sash.

Like others said, they don't send out an email nor do they link it online. Maybe they eventually will with the new craptastic site, but it never has in the past.

jenseib said:
Like others said, they don't send out an email nor do they link it online. Maybe they eventually will with the new craptastic site, but it never has in the past.

Good to know......although I agree about the site. Not a huge fan at this point. I think the concept is great though.......

Can anyone tell me where they do the photos after BBB in MK? I'm supposed to meet my friend and her family after her daughter is finished getting made up. Her appointment at BBB is 10:10 so I figured an hour later at wherever they take the photos might be a good place to meet?

Thank you! :)

Can anyone tell me where they do the photos after BBB in MK? I'm supposed to meet my friend and her family after her daughter is finished getting made up. Her appointment at BBB is 10:10 so I figured an hour later at wherever they take the photos might be a good place to meet?

Thank you! :)

The Castle Couture gift shop right behind the castle and to the left.

Thanks!

Is there a moment during my own daughter's BBB appointment at DTD when I could talk to the FGiT without my daughter present? Do they have them put on their outfit at the beginning (tutu and t-shirt in this case?)

cyros said:
Thanks!

Is there a moment during my own daughter's BBB appointment at DTD when I could talk to the FGiT without my daughter present? Do they have them put on their outfit at the beginning (tutu and t-shirt in this case?)

When you check in at the desk they ask if you need to use the changing area. They want you to be dressed before going back to the chair (when you meet the fgit) it saves them on wait time and allows for more appointments throughout the day.

When you check in at the desk they ask if you need to use the changing area. They want you to be dressed before going back to the chair (when you meet the fgit) it saves them on wait time and allows for more appointments throughout the day.

Okay, so there probably won't be a time when it is convenient to talk to the FGiT without my daughter present since we won't have met her before daughter is sent to the change room? Could I maybe write a note about what I want to do and hand it to the person at check in so they know that I want to put on the surprise earrings and about the tiara I will have (hidden) with me?

We were just there on friday (MK location) and I saw something VERY interesting. Not one but two little girls were having their hair done and their bangs were left out of the princess bun! I know this is something that has been discussed on this thread repeatedly and everyone, including me, has always said that they don't vary the hairstyles but apparantly they do!

We were on the disney fantasy the week before and did BBB there as well and the fgit asked my dd if she wanted the bangs in or out. I was surprised and thought that maybe it was just a ship thing but maybe its an overall change??

We were just there on friday (MK location) and I saw something VERY interesting. Not one but two little girls were having their hair done and their bangs were left out of the princess bun! I know this is something that has been discussed on this thread repeatedly and everyone, including me, has always said that they don't vary the hairstyles but apparantly they do!

We were on the disney fantasy the week before and did BBB there as well and the fgit asked my dd if she wanted the bangs in or out. I was surprised and thought that maybe it was just a ship thing but maybe its an overall change??

My understanding all along has been that they could leave them out as long as they don't extend past their eyebrows.

When we went in Sept, the FGMIT asked about our DDs bangs as well....I just figured they always asked.

No one asked us about bangs at all. The lady just jelled the bangs up into her hair. When my oldest DD had the "rockstar" style no one asked use either.

I've got videos of most of the process on my youtube. We went to the DTD local this time and were near the door so I had to keep shutting off my video camera. We then went to the MNSSHP and took our pictures next to the BBB in the Castle at MK for free with our own camera.
http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk

When we were there last Sept. I asked the FGIT if she could leave DD's bangs down because I don't like her with all her hair off her face and I was told no problem. That was with the princess style.

This past Sept. she had the pop princess style and I can't remember if I was asked or not about her bangs but they were kept down.

We were asked in 2011 and 2012 if we wanted bangs up or down. I picked up both times because V's hair is curly and in that Florida humidity argh, they just wave and don't lay flat so better to have them up.

Stunning!
May I ask, do you want the setting for the photo op and all the makeup, or just the glitter and tiara?
If the latter, you can go to castle couture shop where a CM (dressed similarly to FGiT) can sprinkle pixie dust in your DGD hair and doubtless apply a tiara too. You can either do it in the photo shoot studio (no BBB appointment required, but you may have to wait) or in the shop in front of Aurora's magical dress . . .
All for free. Seems like you could buy some nice Rapunzel souvenirs with the money you'd save. ( you may want to ask at BBB though. depending on how busy they are, they might do it without you having to pay for the package)
Plus, on another thread I saw the cutest idea- someone brought a toy frying pan and had R. autograph it! Too cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter