Best Upgrade You've Ever Received?

I think we got one of the best upgrades! We were supposed to stay in the new royal guest rooms at POR... the renovations were not going to be completed on time so they were calling everyone to upgrade them to the Poly or BC. We had just stayed at the Poly. When I got my phone call from Disney they asked where we would like to be upgraded and I said the Grand Floridian... nothing ventured nothing gained right? The unexpected thing was my parents were staying at POR too in the mansions and I told Disney is there a way they could be at the same resort and they said yes! What was cool was since my parents had a water view room booked, we got TPV at the Grand Floridian! We were also on free dining. So what cost us the rack rate at POR, we got free dining and the GF TPV! It was a wonderful trip.

We were upgraded a few times, from Poly GV to Poly CL and Yacht Club SV to Yacht Club CL. Oh I almost forgot, we were upgraded from BCV SV to BCV 1 bedroom.

Last edited:
In 2010 we went Christmas week. I booked a value but got email that we were being upgraded. I had my choice. BC, YC,Bw or Poly. I had to pay the difference in tax but it was about $100. It came out to a $3600 upgrade and I added on a night and they charged me for what I was paying at the value resort.

The first time I ever went to Disney I was 17. I was with my family & my BF (att, now my DH). My BF (DH now) & I ate at the Poly & said how much we wished we would one day be able to afford to stay there. Well, fast forward many, many years later, we had booked a room at the poly for DH, DD, & myself. When we got there my only concern was getting a lei for our DD. So as my DH was checking us in, he was thinking about that & didn't realize exactly what he was being told. He walked up to us with shock on his face, saying we were upgraded to CL Hawaii!! This was pre-bungalows. We were given the absolute perfect room. It was ground floor, lagoon view (think that's what the view was called), right in the middle. It was a beautiful view of the castle. When I saw it, I cried. It's a perfect trip too. Every night, we sat on our bed before going to sleep watching that beautiful castle all lit up. Awesome memories.

Received a lovely upgrade from BC Standard View to Club Level for my birthday trip a couple of years back :). It was two rooms and we weren't actually notified of the upgrade; it just slowly dawned on us that we were headed for Club Level. Truly magical!

GF Outer building garden view to Main Building Club Level for 7 nights!

And, when Beach Club Club Level lounge under construction, we were upgraded to BWI and a two-bedroom three-bath suite. We kept our Stormalong Bay privileges too.

Last year in May we stayed 1 week at the Beach Club, Club Level
We had book a Deluxe Room ( not on the same floor than The CL lounge)
When we checked in they upgraded us to a CL lagoon view, saying it would be more convenient for our son (3yo) to be on the CL lounge
The view was Amazing!!!

The one we got most people wouldn't consider an upgrade. We were booked at CBR in a standard room and upon checking in found out we we were moved to a pirate room. The kids ended up loving it and we were thrilled and had a blast with it. I know a lot of people don't like them but for this family it was pretty awesome!

Not an upgrade as such, but we recently stayed club level at akl for 6 nights and moved to a value room for a further 12 or so nights, we were granted club lounge access for the rest of our trip. That was amazing!

Not as big to some but awesome to us- this past summer we booked a standard view studio at BWV and we were upgraded to a water view 1 bedroom villa. As we are all adults it was wonderful to have the extra space and the full kitchen was definitely magical!

The one we got most people wouldn't consider an upgrade. We were booked at CBR in a standard room and upon checking in found out we we were moved to a pirate room. The kids ended up loving it and we were thrilled and had a blast with it. I know a lot of people don't like them but for this family it was pretty awesome!

THIS is exactly why I turned it down when they tried to upgrade me. So a family that would appreciate it could have a shot. :)

I've been uograded from a SV to GV several times at CSR and agree this type of upgrade probably goes unnoticed by a fair amount of people. I was upgraded in 2012 at AKL from a standard view to a Savannah view- I actually just asked the CM after explaining that we were celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary. And we were only there for one night. I love hearing all of these stories !!

In July we had booked a queen room (business class) at CSR for the 4 of us. After checking in we drove round to our room, walked in, only to find it was a king room! I was just saying to DH "we'll have to go back as we can't all sleep in this room" when he noticed there was a connecting door that had been left open. We had 2 King rooms, and more importantly with 2 teens, 2 bathrooms :banana:

I couldn't believe it and our pixie dust still makes me smile today :goodvibes

Sunset2.jpg This week, I booked a garden view room at the Contemporary. When I arrived, I was magically upgraded to a tower room, theme park view. I watched the sunset over the Grand Floridian. I watched the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. I feel asleep every night looking at the castle. It was truly amazing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is an existing thread, but I thought it would be fun for all of us to share our best resort upgrade :) For me, in 2013 my family was upgraded from a standard to a Boardwalk view at the Yacht Club. Every morning and evening, I would spend about 30 minutes looking at this gorgeous view :love: Not to mention people-watching!

IMG_0640_zpswmixb52h.jpg

This goes a few years back. In 2009 I went to WDW with my now fiancé and his family (mom, dad, sister, + brother in law). His sister + brother in law returned from their honeymoon in WDW a year prior where they took time to do the timeshare tour. I guess when they booked (we did it separately) WDW noticed they were returning and contacted them. We had booked to stay at POP and guest services offered to upgrade them to SSR! They appreciated the offer but mentioned they couldn't do it because they were traveling with three additional people who already booked their own room at POP. The guest service representative didn't skip a beat and offered to not only upgrade them, but us as well! We each had 1 bedroom studios that were next to one another. Talk about sharing the magic and showing how amazing their customer service can be! pixiedust: Fast forward a few years later - my soon to be sister-in-law & her husband are not DVC members who have SSR as their "home" resort.

Our best upgrade happened during our last trip. We booked a King room RPC at the GF and were upgraded to the Walt Disney suite. It was quite spectacular and recently renovated.

I had an awesome upgrade on my birthday trip in January 2014.

DH and I had booked a standard room/standard view at the Boardwalk. When we pulled up to the guard shack, the guard said to pull up to the front of the building for assistance with our luggage. I thought that was strange as normally we park and take our stuff in ourselves. So I pulled up and a young lady with an iPad asked if we were the "XYZ Family." I said yes, and she said she would take us to check in. I started to get really confused. My DH went to park the car (he doesn't trust valet...anywhere). I was afraid he'd never find me! So I was in the elevator with this young lady cast member and I asked what was going on...I'd booked a standard room...and she told me I'd been upgraded! I cried right there on the spot. We were given a concierge room in the cottage section of the resort. Those rooms are way too expensive for us to afford on our own, and it was truly a magical vacation. My DH loves to eat breakfast and we'd brought pop tarts, but he went and enjoyed the continental breakfast each day in the lounge.

It'll be hard to top that! Last year, we stayed at CBR. Not. The. Same. I think that upgrade turned me into a snob. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter