Best Upgrade You've Ever Received?

Mollydolly334

Honorary Floridian
I'm not sure if this is an existing thread, but I thought it would be fun for all of us to share our best resort upgrade :) For me, in 2013 my family was upgraded from a standard to a Boardwalk view at the Yacht Club. Every morning and evening, I would spend about 30 minutes looking at this gorgeous view :love: Not to mention people-watching!

IMG_0640_zpswmixb52h.jpg

We got the exact same upgrade this past July. The sad thing is, I don't think it dawned on me until we were checking out. I just thought, wow this is an awesome standard view! (1 night stay.) it got us to return to the YC, though! We are now fans for sure! (And standard view really was still awesome!)

In 2009, we got upgraded from Standard View to Theme Park View at the Polynesian. When we got into the room & saw the view I cried. Yep. I full on cried. I would get up in the middle of the night to see if the castle lights were off yet (they weren't). LOVED that view!! :love:

ours was from standard view at BWI to club level. We checked in right around 7 am and I heard the CM waiting on me call up to the keeper of the hidden door button and say, "are you ready for the Floyd's? I knew something was happening. He then came around to the front and walked us to the elevator and rode up with us. We actually got the second room past the CL lounge. Was a nice upgrade. We didn't get the most out of the lounge due to the fact we weren't expecting it, had the deluxe dining, and always had nightly signature ADR;s. It was nice walking into the lounge any time of the day and asking for a couple Bud Lights though. And the CM's were great. Probably the biggest thing about club level that I noticed was the added security. Felt a little better knowing we were behind that secret door that not everybody can get behind.

In 1999 my whole extended family,(9 of us total 6 adults,3 children) had booked 2 rooms at the GF main building. Back then they didn't have the break down in views that they have now. When we arrived we were upgraded to a three bedroom suite on the fifth floor that had 4 balconies overlooking the Poly. Two of the bedrooms had double queen beds and one bedroom had a king bed, the living room had a pullout sofa. The four bathrooms made life for our group so much easier than I had planned on it being. We will be returning to the GF RPC in just 23 days, but this time it will be just the two of us.

Upgrade from SV at the Contemporary to CL Fireworks/Castle View. All for our room not being ready. I think the CM at the desk was more excited than us because we didn't realize what room we were getting! Awesome experience.

We received our first upgrade last year when we were set to stay in the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA and was upgraded to the Cars Suites. There were only 3 of us and it wasn't needed, but it was one heck of an upgrade and extra room is never a bad thing. Really started our trip off on a great note and it's a trip I will never forget.

In 4 trips, we've always gotten exactly what we paid for. So people do need to know not to expect anything. However...

I had a good friend get upgraded from All Star Sports to Grand Floridian on her first trip (2009 or 2010)

And I would not be sad if our Garden View club level at Poly was switched to theme park view lol

In 4 trips, we've always gotten exactly what we paid for. So people do need to know not to expect anything. However...

I had a good friend get upgraded from All Star Sports to Grand Floridian on her first trip (2009 or 2010
)

And I would not be sad if our Garden View club level at Poly was switched to theme park view lol
I think we have a winner for best upgrade ever. ::yes::

How do you get upgrated? Is it just luck?

It's all luck. There is no rhyme or reason as to how or why it happens. I should say though upgrades are more rare than it may seem here on the DIS. :goodvibes

Let me also say I noticed you are new to the DIS, Welcome... Let me warn you that this is one of those comments that can get a lot of DISer's all stirred up, ignore them. Questions about free upgrades, offering up a seat on a bus, towel animals and a few others will set off a major crises on here.

Let me also say I noticed you are new to the DIS, Welcome... Let me warn you that this is one of those comments that can get a lot of DISer's all stirred up, ignore them. Questions about free upgrades, offering up a seat on a bus, towel animals and a few others will set off a major crises on here.

Thank you for your answer! Im sorry I didnt know people didnt liked that I will keep it in mind! At least I already know it's all luck :)

I should say though upgrades are more rare than it may seem here on the DIS. :goodvibes

I actually think the opposite. Many people are upgraded from standard rooms to Gardenview rooms without even realizing it. We've been upgraded from standard to Gardenview on four separate occasions. The front desk never mentioned they were upgrades. For the most part, I figured it out, after the fact. I'm sure there are many others who get upgraded without even knowing.

How do you get upgrated? Is it just luck?
For my friend, it was a necessity on Disney's part. She actually switched from Movies to Sports last minute. I'm guessing Disney overbooked Sports for some reason (tour group, kid athlete's, whatever).
Disney is not like Vegas in terms of slipping the front desk some money or anything. It is basically luck and necessity.
Also, some people have been upgraded in a way that is not good...I know people have reported being changed to a Pirate Room at CBR which is an upgrade, but the rooms are far away and beds are smaller or being upgraded from suite at AoA to a one bedroom at SSR...again technically an upgrade, but my family would be disappointed because we love AoA for space and theme.
Reportedly, people have been actually downgraded (they are usually refunded some money, but still)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter